PDA

View Full Version : Chest workout?

arry
11-23-2011, 03:05 AM
I am working on my chest and triceps & need a 5 to 10 minute workout every other day. I play soccer so I don't need to totally jack up. will 3 sets of wide push ups and 3 sets of close pushups be enough to get strong chest and triceps?

vdizenzo
11-23-2011, 05:35 AM
You might want to put this up in the bodybuilder section. However, I will say there have been many athletes who have only done bodyweight exercises. Herschel Walker in particular was known to do over 1,000 pushups and situps during the course of the day. He's about as solidly built as a human can be. Are pushups optimum, I don't know. That being said, you can certainly get the job done with them.

joey54
11-23-2011, 07:46 AM
You might want to put this up in the bodybuilder section. However, I will say there have been many athletes who have only done bodyweight exercises. Herschel Walker in particular was known to do over 1,000 pushups and situps during the course of the day. He's about as solidly built as a human can be. Are pushups optimum, I don't know. That being said, you can certainly get the job done with them.

Herschel has been trolling people for years.

Christianiron
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
In 5-10 minutes it would be difficult to do a lot better,I'd put it that way. I'd still prefer some iron in the mix, like a moderate weight all out rep set on the bench, maybe a couple sets of head knockers in there too