PDA

View Full Version : Competed for the first time in a belt+wraps yesterday

Chris Rodgers
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM
As some of you know I am a multi-ply lifter and pretty much have been the entire time I have been powerlifting. The last time I competed was last summer(2010) and since then I have pretty much been training raw and really trying to adjust my training without gear and while working as an Ironworker which makes it tough.

12/3 SSA Long Island Classic

BWT- 161.0 lbs
Class-165 open
Gear- belt+wraps

Squat:
1st-370= good lift
2nd-410= good lift
3rd-430= good lift

Bench:
1st-240= good lift
2nd-260= good lift
3rd-270=miss near lockout

Deadlift:
1st-500= good lift
2nd-530=good lift
3rd-560!!=good lift(all-time meet and/or gym PR)

Total= 1250

Had a great time at the meet yesterdayll the freakin meets I have done that is the first time I ever went 8 for 9 and I was very close to going 9 for 9. From the looks of it my squats were much faster than they felt, lol. My hamsstring held up ok and that was the hardest I pushed it since I popped something in it 5-6 weeks ago. Bench felt strong, I really though I was going to get 270, but I may have lost a little upper back tightness as I slid a little on the bench. Deadlift were the best. I felt so tired and my back was cramping after benches. But once we got going I knew I wanted 560 so bad. It was a tough fight but I locked it out and was able to hold it and do my classic look at the plates head nod, lmao. Big PR! I pulled a 10 lb pr in the gym a few weeks back when I hit 545 and this was an extra 15 on that at the end of a meet. Really stoked about that. My training partners did real well too and got to share the platform with some of my former training partners as well. I also have to say after training multi-ply for so long, this was so much less stressful and I feel like I enjoyed the meet more.

My goal as of now is to coninue to train raw for a while and try and put on some size and get my lifts in the 500-300-600-ish range. I think if I could fill out the 181's and get my hammy back to 100% those lifts are attainable.

Here's a video my friend took for me. My computer is pissing me off and I can't upload my vids right now. This video is missing my first two squat attempts and the one bench I missed.

sxzk28mjf0c

RFabsik
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Great work.
I thought you had pretty good control of the squat. It wasn't a divebomber. Kick ass on the deadlifts, great pulling power. Looks like a great meet.

How'd you feel about the raw compared to multiply in the end? Seems like you like raw since you'll be moving to 181's.

Chris Rodgers
12-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Great work.
I thought you had pretty good control of the squat. It wasn't a divebomber. Kick ass on the deadlifts, great pulling power. Looks like a great meet.

How'd you feel about the raw compared to multiply in the end? Seems like you like raw since you'll be moving to 181's.

Thanks man. I definitely liked it. Like I said, it's much less stressful and it just seemed more fun. I would like to get my numbers up and I know moving up will help me to do so much easier. I may get back into some gear next year though.

thecityalive
12-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Not to mention you avoid the pains of putting on multi-ply.

NickAus
12-06-2011, 03:37 AM
Congrats!!

vdizenzo
12-06-2011, 05:50 AM
Great job and congrats on the dl pr!

ScottYard
12-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Nice.

drew
12-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Congrats Chris!