PDA

View Full Version : to all those who say cardio is bad.

the_hall
05-28-2002, 04:51 PM
im having trouble getting into ketosis, so i am going to start doing cardio to deplete muscle glycogen on monday in tuesday. my goal isn't to use cardio to burn fat, but muscle glycogen.

i dont like doing cardio because it is catabolic, but out of these three choices which would lead to the last amount of muscle loss?

1. Do 10 min light cardio BEFORE working out on monday and tuesday.

2. Do 10 minutes of light cardio AFTER working out on monday and tuesday (im guessing this is the worst time to do it).

3. Do 10 minutes of light cardio some time during the day not close to the time when i workout, evening for example.

lyle suggests 10 min before and after each workout, and a circuit type workout after all heavy sets are done on monday and tuesday (1 light set of each exercise). I dont see how the postworkout cardio can do any good, isn't this just prolonging the catabolic state your body is in? I would think taking a shake immediatley after hiting the weights, then doing the cardio later is a better choice. Same with the circuit, i am skipping it all togeather so i can just get my shake and stop muscle tissue breakdown.

nejar462
05-29-2002, 04:40 PM
ok i put out a lot of cardio, like 1 hr a day, between it all, and i still get pretty darn good gains.

BCC
05-29-2002, 05:16 PM
After working out would be the best choice, that way your glycogen levels will already be low.

the_hall
05-30-2002, 10:40 AM
will already low glycogen levels help me burn more additional glycogen though, as opposed to later in the day?

Also, since my body is already catabolic, wouldn't this lead to more muscle breakdown? i want to deplete my glycogen to get into ketosis, but not at the sacrifice of muscle.

Rock
05-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Chasey how did you get so lean, gimme some tips.