PDA

View Full Version : 'The Meet Experience'...a 14 year old powerlifter's impressions!

mastermonster
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM
This is a class work writing done by our 14 year old 132 class lifter Christian Blackmon of 'Monster Barbell' on 12-1-11, just 9 days away from competing in the APF/AAPF Alabama Open Powerlifting Championships this weekend! When he asked me to read it, I was stunned it came from a 14 year old! When my wife read it, she teared up! Christian is already an AAPF and SPF National Champion at 13-15 Teens. He set the APF raw 13-15 American Records for all 3 lifts and total on Oct. 8, 2011 in Baton Rouge, La.

Here is his paper:

'The Meet Experience'

The great ambition of a meet. All the suspence building up to that great day. You train for many weeks. All the many days of blood, sweat, and sorry; we don't shed a single tear! But you must be determined, and must always want to blow the competition out of the water. You want to get the crowd screaming, put some fear into their voices; but they still keep screaming! Your always leaving them on the edge of their seats. They always want to see more weight go up! It gets you pumped to hear the loud music and then your name and weight is called. You can't wait to get out on the platform! As you finish your lift and you get at least two white lights, you feel like you have enough adrenalin to put more weight on and do it right there. You take pride in your team and your sport and nothing will ever take that away from you! This is the sport of powerlifting! I am the future of my sport!

Long live Monster Barbell!

by: Christian Blackmon 12-1-11 copywrited

mastermonster
12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Everyone at Monster Barbell are very proud of all five of our teen lifters! The future looks bright from where I'm looking!