PDA

View Full Version : Foods for a weight gain

aj24
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Im getting back into weightlifting, quit doin it consecutively for a good year and a half now. 2 winters ago I went from 150 to 175. This winter I would like to get to 180-185 from 160 pounds.

I am 18, 5'11" 160 pounds in the morning, 162 at about 7 pm.

I like to lift at night due to the gym not being so crowded and due to my work and school schedule. My 2 winter ago bulk I followed Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. I now like to do my own regimen so I can do a muscle confusion type of routine. Last night I did Chest and Triceps. Doing sets of 3 tryin to get my repitions in the 5-8 range. I want mass and strength. After winter I would like to tone out the fat gain if any that gain from this winter.

What should I be eating? Here is to my understanding that I should eat...

Vegetables (Green beans, potatoes, carrots, etc.
Fruits (Apples, bananas, etc.
Peanut Butter
Milk (I drink whole for the extra cals
Red Meat
Chicken (I buy the Banquet Frozen tenders and dad cooks chicken from time to time
Fish( I eat salmon

Supplementation:

I wanted to start on getting my macros from food and then if I pleateau start taking supplements again. I took whey protein, creatine, jack3d, fish oil, multi vitamin back in the day.

I do eat BBQ sauce with just about everything, I eat white bread, eat oatmeal and cereal, I also like to eat bagels with peanutbutter( bad idea? 60g carb count i believe )

Any opinions on to help reach my goal from the info given?

aj24
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
anyone?

J.C.
12-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Looks perfect. Get to it pal.

If you're struggling, add ice cream.

NickAus
12-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Soy milk is not good.

mike mcgee
12-13-2011, 05:47 AM
You sound like you are on track... I agree with you getting your macros from food, but unless you are getting all your meats and salmon free range and vegetables organic, I would at least look at a good fish oil and multivitamin. You did starting strength before, so you have heard of the gallon of milk a day (GOMAD) diet. Whole milk is a sure thing for adding weight.

thecityalive
12-13-2011, 08:50 AM
On your chicken choice: you may want to consider buying bulk chicken breast instead. As a kid I enjoyed the banquet nuke trays...but now I know there are better choices out there. Hell, you can buy chicken strips from Tyson and pop those in a nuke box or pan and have a more complete chicken source than the breaded, deep fried source you'd be consuming.

f=ma
12-21-2011, 06:27 PM
you need a carb source

brown rice, ww pasta, sweet potatoes etc are good choices.

aj24
12-22-2011, 08:22 PM
On your chicken choice: you may want to consider buying bulk chicken breast instead. As a kid I enjoyed the banquet nuke trays...but now I know there are better choices out there. Hell, you can buy chicken strips from Tyson and pop those in a nuke box or pan and have a more complete chicken source than the breaded, deep fried source you'd be consuming.

i buy the banquet bags of white meat chicken tenders, i dont buy the dinners the dinners are gross imo. I also do eat a lot of pasta(italian) so i get a lot of carbs. I eat baked potatoes also quite a bit if that can be substituted from sweet potatoes.

I also decided tonight that I will be adding creapure creatine monohydrate from optimum nutrition to my supp list. I do take fish oil and a multi vitamin daily. I also am taking protein.

orinkhan
01-08-2012, 07:37 AM
put red meat in your food list.