PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss calculator and tracker feedback

Tourniquet
12-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Hey guys,

I haven't posted on the forum in a while but lately I have been getting back into lifting. Probably since I am getting close to 30 hah!

Anyway I have made a google doc that helps track my calories and macronutrients for the day. It is helpful for me because I am forgetful and not very good at keeping track of calories or macro's. IT just uses a google form to track protein, carbs, fat, and turns it into a graph so you can see what you need to eat during the day.

Anyway I just wanted some feedback on it and to make it available to you guys. Here is a blogpost that explains what it is and how to use it:

http://gymworkoutathome.com/free-weight-loss-calculator-and-tracker/

Let me know what you think.

Behemoth
12-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Honestly, it seems overly complicated.

Your percentage breakdowns from various macros don't add up to 100 in the high carb and low carb days.

Tourniquet
12-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Yea I was worried about it looking to complicated... I tried to color code it so it would look like things you can mess with and things you can't.

The percentages are above (for high days) and below (for low days) so that you are either taking in more than your maintenance calories (bulking) or less than your maintenance calories (cutting) - or you can choose medium to stay at your maintenance.

Thanks for the honest opinion - Maybe I will separate the pages so there is a simple page and then a complex page that keeps all the numbers and calculations.