PDA

View Full Version : Owensy's Online Journal

owensy
05-29-2002, 04:32 PM
I already have a website where I put things down, but I guess that this is a better idea because more people will see it and make comments.
I am new to weightlifting in general to tell the truth, and I won't post pictures just yet - maybe in 6 months time - because I am too slim (I have a 28 inch waist, and I don't weigh very much as it is). This is a challenge for me. It is important, and is something I want to do. The reason that I came on to here was to get support from people that know what they are talking about.

Training:

I lifted weights and concentrated on my shoulders, back, thighs, abs, biceps, and chest. I am trying to master a handful of pretty common workouts, then I am going to ask the advice of you guys after posting pictures when I have decided what I want to do in particular.

Diet:

I have no idea what the best thing to do is. I am trying to concentrate on proteins, and I am trying to eat more. Today I ate loads of carbs (pasta, bread, etc) - and hardly any proteins to be honest. I am really mad with myself because I ate some sherbert lemons, and loads of chocolate today. This week I have really slipped, and I am dissappointed with myself.

Sleep:

Last night I didn't get to sleep till 4am, and I woke up at about 11:30am, so I guess I had more or less that 7.5 hours sleep. I didn't feel all to good in the morning, and during the day I felt really lethargic and tired. I need to work on my sleeping crap, because its really messed up. I am really stressed about college things at the moment. I am thinking about buying Kalms, which are a herbal sleeping remedy that you can take. I figured if I have to take sleeping pills, then the natural stuff is the best.

Anyways, those are the main three that I will concentrate on. Diet, Training and Sleep. I will add more in I guess as time goes on. Feel free to email me at owensy_boy@yahoo.com. I am always looking for friends with the same interests.

Peace out

Tyler

Delphi
05-31-2002, 09:01 PM
Welcome to WBB. It'll be good to look at your routine. The link to your website is broken, BTW.

owensy
06-16-2002, 07:05 AM
Well I have been a naughty lad I guess lately. I haven't been able to do much in the way of lifting, and I feel crappy. I will definitely get into all of it once my life is a little more sorted. I am sorting out college stuff at the moment, and its a pain in the arse, lol. I have put on weight, which is good. I am filling out a bit more. I am eating properly, and as soon as I can get back into the gym, I will be happy wiv myself. I hope everyone dosen't think I am a flake.

Peace out

Tyler Owens

"Owensy"

rookiebldr
06-16-2002, 10:24 AM
Hey, you got to do what you got to do. I always find getting to the gym lets me zone out of daily life for a while. So get back to it when you can. :)

owensy
09-08-2002, 10:12 AM
Well I definitely haven't done anything that I want to do, so I am well not happy wiv myself. My diet is still good, and I guess I am in good shape, but I want to get back into training again, so I guess its from the beginning again.

Life sucks.

By the way people, I weight about 50kg, and I am 5ft 8". How many calories a day do you all think I am looking at to gain mass with a training routine? I wanna be big :D !

:confused:

Talk to you all later. Peace out

Tyler

ArjKing
09-11-2002, 01:28 PM
I'll be here, swinging my legs under my chair, waiting for you to get your butt to the gym.

owensy
01-27-2003, 04:05 AM
I have been working out on my own for ages now, and now people, I have joined a gym (hurrah for me I geuss). I haven't ever been a member of a gym before... Lets hope it makes the difference. Today I have my second induction where I am going to go through my routine that they prescribed me, with a personal trainer. I am determined that I am going to become fit.

Franjipani
01-27-2003, 05:09 AM
Good luck with it... lets see you take some action and make yourself accountable on here so we can see your progress:D

bradley
01-27-2003, 05:31 AM
Congrats on the new program and if you post your workouts and questions that you have I am sure there will be many people willing to help out.

FFeJ
01-27-2003, 11:36 AM
hey man don't get discouraged early on with your size, keep at it and you can become much bigger. look at me, last september i checked in at 5'9 115 lbs. now i'm in the 130's, so just make sure you eat whenever you can, and hang in there.

owensy
01-27-2003, 12:09 PM
I went to the gym, and I have eaten so much today. I still don't think that i have eaten enough though, so I am going to throw in an MRP, and my extra meal. I didn't look as stupid in the gym as I thought I would. I was aching so much after my work out, but it's got to be one of the first times that I am not aching still at this time in the day, which is a good thing. Maybe it's because I was stretching after my workout, which is the first time I have ever bothered doing stuff like that. I will definitely keep it up if it stops me from getting aches. If anyone wants to checkout my fitday account, it'll tell you all my current weight, what I have eaten, etc.

owensy
01-28-2003, 03:14 PM
I added more to my fitday account. It is really kewl, because on there, you can record all the foods that you have eaten and it totals them all up for you. I am a little sore today around my arms. Hopefully its going to go away by tomorrow, or I might have to skip the chest exercises, which I really don't want to have to do. Anyways, wish me luck!! Im off to bed

owensy
01-28-2003, 10:48 PM
S**t man, my arms are still sore, and its less than an hour till I have to go to the gym. What am I going to do?

Delphi
01-28-2003, 10:49 PM
Post your routine and let's see what it is you're doing.

owensy
01-30-2003, 04:45 PM
I think that I overdid the ams exercises on Monday. I was doing some bench presses, and I think I must have had bad technique, because where it hurt the most was my pecs: the muscle between the shoulder and breast I think. I think I must have streched them, but they aren't so bad anymore. So when I did my Wednesday workout, I layed off them a little. Is it normal to be sick after a workout? I was sick after I went to the gym on Wednesday.

owensy
01-30-2003, 11:20 PM
I got up this morning, and I swear its a blinkin effort. I want to go back to bed... The only think thats keeping me going is that I keep promising myself that I will have a sit in the sauna for 15 mins, or the jacuzzi for the same time. I don't think I will have time to be honest, but I am so tired.

owensy
01-31-2003, 08:03 AM
I didn't have time. I thought that I would leave as soon as I could because I had a lecture I wanted to get to on time. You can tell how annoyed I was when I found out that the teacher had called in sick. besides taht I felt really sick after my workout. Apparently when I came home, I was told I looked really pale. To be honest though, I don't think that any of this exercise could be doing me much harm. I never used to sweat. At least I wasn't sick for real! Hurrah! It was a real inspiration looking at other peoples journals and seeing their progress over a period of 7 weeks, etc. Its kept me going. I thought that it would take at least 6 months for seeable results, but if they come quickly - in 7/8 weeks - it will please me a lot. It's crap working your arse off and getting no results.

bradley
01-31-2003, 04:16 PM
If youare feeling sick you might want to take a couple of days off and let your body recover. Working out puts a lot of stress on your body.

owensy
02-04-2003, 12:10 AM
I have taken a little time off to recover, and I hope to be back to normal as of tomorrow. i am going on holiday soon which is really great, but it means that until March, and can't be really serious about my routine anyways... While I am abroad though, I will just swim a lot, do crunches, and eat as healthy as I can.

owensy
02-05-2003, 04:22 AM
Well I'm sure that I've had enough rest, and I am going to back to the gym. I am not sure if I have eaten enough though, so I am going to have another "breakfast" now, and get out to work out for about 1:30 hopefully. I am in a really sh***t mood. What better way to work off anger than a good workout?

owensy
02-05-2003, 04:32 AM
When men speak ill of thee, live so as nobody may believe
them.
--Plato

Choice not chance determines ones destiny.
~Unknown

I thought these were good. I am trying to be inspired...

owensy
02-06-2003, 03:51 AM
I went to the gym yesterday and did a full body workout, and instead of feeling ill, it really uplifted me. it wasn't easy though, lol. My chest is feeling a little sore to touch. Hopefully its going to be gone by tomorrow. What do you guys do on your day off? I was thinking that maybe on my days off I should work on upper body strength, because that is going to be where I want to show more results, and its obviously my greater weakness. I could just work with free weights, but I don't want to do too much, incase I end up burning the muscle I am working on to get, and incase I mess up my recovery time. Also, I was meaning to ask, what does a rowing machine do/work?

bradley
02-06-2003, 07:02 AM
I would stick to rest and maybe a little cardio on off days. Lifting weights would probably mess up recovery time and lead to overtraining after a while. Just keep intensity high when working your upper body and then give your body adequate time to recover. Remember more is not always better.:)

owensy
02-07-2003, 06:18 AM
That was realy kewl of you to point it out to me. I have joined - don't laugh - a yoga class for my days off sort-of-thing. I think that it would be good because (1) it's not high intensity and (2) I think it will be good for stretching.

I went to the gym today, and the spa afterwards. I never thought that I would enjoy things like a steam room so much, and I feel really chilled out. I think that I will do it often - especially the steam room, because it's good for my skin, and I need to get rid of my acne if I can. I didn't really care too much for the sauna. It was just hot, lol. Is the sauna supposed to be better than the steam room because it's dry heat, and itmakes your sweat more? I have no idea.

Afterwards I went to the health food store, and bought a healthy snack, which mostly consisted of seeds (sunflower and pumpkin). Also I went into the supermarket, and bought some mackeral. Apparently they are higher in EFA's Omega-6 (it might be three, I could have got it mixed up easily). I think that Tuna has more protein in though, so I think maybe I should eat a tin of tuna and mackeral every day. Its only one tin, but it will give me a lot of nutrients that I need.

On my days off I am going to do a yoga routine. I am not sure how I should go about diet though. I read somewhere that when you are considering bodybuilding, or any sport really, you should be eating three hours ahead of whatever it is that you plan to do. You shouldn't eat to make up for lack of something - it should be there, blah blah blah. It's a good book, but a little hard to understand.

NEways, peace out.

Tyler:) :whazzup:

bradley
02-07-2003, 02:09 PM
I would say eating about 2 hours before training would be fine. The yoga class sounds like something interesting to do and will probably be beneficial for you.

The fish you purchased should be a good addition to your diet. As far as the steam room or sauna I really don't know. I would just go with whatever you like or relaxes you the most. Keep up the hard work.

owensy
02-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Today I didn't do anything, which I thought was refreshing. I might go for a run tomorrow morning, before I go to work. It will be all the work that I do before I have my proper workout on Monday morning.

owensy
02-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Its Sunday (well it was technically 29 minutes ago). I went to work today, slept in, but ate loads and loads. My weight is pretty up a bit, which is kewl, but its only little, and I have weighed more. I have to keep it up as much as I can. My aim is to be about 57kg by July (9 stone), then 10stone, whatever it is in kg, by December. If I can do this, and a load of other things, then I will be really proud :-)

owensy
02-10-2003, 01:47 PM
Well, its the end of Monday, and I have done a wierd routine today. I did my yoga class in the morning, and then did a cut version of my normal routine. I made sure that I did all the upper body work, but I left out the leg stuff (leg press, leg extensions, rowing machine and something else to do with my legs) because I was in a hurry for a lecture in the afternoon. I ate loads of stuff today. I didn't get a chance to go to the spa, but never mind. Small potatoes. To make up for it, tomorrow, I am going to go for a swim, and afterwards, do my leg exercises with an easy warm up. As long as I did everything more-or-less I will be pleased. I will have to eat differently tomorrow than I planned, because I don't usually work out on Tuesdays. Now I got to go and do some washing. I have no clothes. I keep buying new stuff as well... Terrible

owensy
02-11-2003, 11:26 PM
I didn't write in on Tuesday because there wasn't much to tell. I was a little achy in my legs, so I decided that more exercise probably wasn't wise. I did my day as normal.

At the moment it's Wednesday, and I am getting ready for my workout in the gym. I have everything I need. All I got to do is get my stuff and leave the house. I've even done all my homework while I waited for the food I ate to 'settle', and I even managed to put a load of dishes in the dishwasher. I have noticed improvements in my body size. They are only slight, and are overshadowed perhaps by the fact that my acne has been flaring up. However they are there, so hurrah! I will get big, eventually...

owensy
02-12-2003, 07:00 AM
Well I went to the gym today. I did feel sick, but I wasn't sick, which I guess is kewl. I made sure that I did the important stuff, and missed out anything too cardio like the rowing machine, or I would have really been sick, lol. I don't think I could have coped with anymore than I did. I'm just going to take it easy, till tomorrow when I am going to go back in. I'm just going to do the upper body stuff I want to work on - and the rowing machine, becasue thats what I didn't do today. Nothing too much. I'm just thinking what I should do... I didn't get a chance to go into the Spa because of previous commitments, but I will definitely find time for it tomorrow. Its important that I chill out as well as work out. I read somewhere that sweating is really good for the body as well, so the sauna and steam room are definitely good for that. I will write more later. I keep meaning to add stuff in about the yoga class that I did. It was really good. I definitely felt muscles working towards the end...

owensy
02-14-2003, 03:51 AM
I'm in a really bad mood. I got a call off my mom, telling me that my cousin has hung himself. I know that this diary is for stuff about training, but I can't get this out of my head, so I want to write it down. I wasn't ever really close to him if I am honest, but he is family, and my poor Auntie is absolutely gutted; distraught. It is my Auntie who I am close to. I don't know what to think. Why do people do these things. He didn't leave a note. He didn't give any reason at all. He came home from being abroad, at sea (where he works) and didn't tell anyone he was home. While he was home, after a week, he told his flatmate that he was feeling unwell, and went upstairs, and hung himself. He didn't leave a note or anything, and people have been saying that when he was abroad he was really happy, and getting things together. He was only young, just turned 30. I just send out my prayers to my Aunt and my cousin, wherever he is now.

I was supposed to workout this morning, but I didn't want to get out of bed. I am going to go now though. It will probably make me feel better to do something to get things off my mind. I want to take time out for myself tonight. It's valentines day, and I got a card off my partner, which was really nice.

I am going to eat some carbs now, and just chill out for a bit. I got to keep moving.

bradley
02-14-2003, 05:47 AM
Sorry to hear about your cousin. There is no easy explanation for why people do what they do. Best thing is to give support to your aunt and help her get through this tragedy. Try and stay busy and do something productive for you or someone else.

What is your training looking like now? Including cardio, weights, yoga classes etc.

owensy
02-15-2003, 05:20 PM
I didn't do anything Friday, but I had a thousand reasons, so I forgive myself. I will make up for it on Monday.

owensy
02-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Well Sunday... It was ok. I didn't do much, apart from go to work, come home, sleep. I have a yoga class in the morning, which I am looking forward to. It's the first time that I have been able to keep up something which people might call girly, and not have been put off because of that. It was because of that I gave up the ballet years ago. I think that I am going to work on my website now...

Franjipani
02-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by bradley
Sorry to hear about your cousin. There is no easy explanation for why people do what they do. Best thing is to give support to your aunt and help her get through this tragedy. Try and stay busy and do something productive for you or someone else.

I agree wholeheartedly with this ! Keep your chin up owensy and just be there for your aunt....

You really seem to enjoy your yoga, what type do you practice?? Also, do you notice that it benefits you with your lifting at all??

owensy
02-19-2003, 05:44 PM
thanks for the support guys :-) I do notice that my back is getting proper attention in yoga workouts. I don't know what type I am doing, I will ask my instructor. I do know that we do relaxation things in it at the beginning and end of the workout. I think that it is a kewl thing to do, because it is important for us all as bodybuilders, and athletes, etc, to have a good posture. It helps circulation around the body, and it is vital that we have good circulation. The most important discovery in Medicine was to do with the way blood circulates. When we have bad postures, it creates obstructions to organs, etc. While we are young, we aren't generally affected by it badly, but when at an older age, there are problems that can arise, e.g. clotting, gangrene, etc. Also, I think that as bodybuilders, getting fresh oxygen to all of our body is important when building muscle - so that cells can respire properly. Yoga definitely focuses a lot on good breathing and posture, which is why I like it a lot. I have no idea if what I have said is cohesive, but I hope you all get the main point. Good circulation rocks.

I am going on holiday tomorrow, to the Far East. It should be fun. I wish I wasn't going in a way, because its going to take time out of my routine, but I think that I need it, especially wit everything that is going on in the family. Stress isn't good. I have abou 6 books I want to read while I am abroad, so wish me luck, and when I get back, I am going to be a new man. My cousin is gone, but I need to be positive about this. He is in a better place, and I need to move on, and work even harder than I have been. In December guys, I am going to be 10 stone, and in two years, I'm gonna be big.

Peace out, and thanks again

"Wear your love like heaven..." Donovan

owensy
03-02-2003, 10:30 PM
I just got back off holiday. I have put on a little weight, which I think is a good thing. It is very little, but at least it means that I am well on my way to putting on the mass that I want. I think that I am going to have to train like a mofo now, because I want to achieve my goals by the end of the year.

I am making my tasty and nutritional breakfast now, of pasta and tuna, :-P.......

bradley
03-03-2003, 03:02 AM
Glad to see you back Owensy. Hope the trip was exciting:)

owensy
03-05-2003, 02:13 PM
Well getting back into the gym on Monday wasn't easy. I went, and I tried, but I didn't necessarily do everything that I wanted to... Today though, I was really good. I did something feel as if I wasn't going to make it (i.e. on the breaking point), but somehow I did everything I was supposed to, and I even managed to do another set of ab crunches, which is good for me. I am noticing more definition in my body, and all in all, I am getting to enjoy going to the gym. It is time out of my life for me. The only thing that I don't like is when things get busy, and I am surrounded by people. I know that I amnot the most overweight person in the room - quite the opposite - but I don't like having to workout with so many people around. I wish that I could go that time (about 3pm) every day though, because I think that I am more efficient, and I can relax better, as I'm not having to worry if I am going to be late for lectures all the time, or whatever. I probably didn't eat enough afterwards... I am going to have a shake before I go to bed, and attempt to arrange my gym bag in order for tomorrow...

owensy
03-06-2003, 04:17 PM
I went into the gym today, but I made sure that I didn't overdo it. I don't want to mess up recovery times. I didn't feel as if my upper body was worked as well as it could have been, so that is what I concentrated on the most in my workout. I did

10 mins on bike, and treatmill (I thought keeping some cardio was wise)
3 sets of 12 Chest Presses
3 sets of 12 Shoulder Presses
3 sets of 12 Vertical Rows
3 sets of 12 Ab Crunches

I did some leg exercises, which I didn't intend to do, but I felt as though I could do them.

After that I chilled out in the spa, and went home, having some chicken. I am going to have an MRP now. I have to go to the gym tomorrow, but I know I can lay off being really hard on myself, knowing that I have done quite a lot.

My weight is definitely increasing. My aim is to be 9 stone by July, and at my heaviest, I am 8 and a half, which is the heaviest that i have ever been in my life.

Wish my luck guys.

Owensy

bradley
03-07-2003, 02:48 AM
Have you thought about one of the WBB routines Owensy? Glad to see you are getting back into the swing of things:)

owensy
03-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I am will definitely check out the WBB routines. I want to add some free weights to my workout...

Anyways, today, I went into the gym, and did my full routine plan. I felt pretty good afterwards, and I am still buzzing. I went to the spa, and chilled out in the steam room for a bit. The reason that I am making a big deal out of going in the spa is because I want to work on having clear; healthy skin as well.

I did all my leg exercises, which were my main aim for going in. As I said before, I didn't do them all, because I felt that they had had enough. I went in today though, and totally had a blast at them, lol. I did all my upper body exercises anywayrs though. I did my crunches. I am thinking about adding more ab exercises. I want definition in the lower bits, so I am going to have a look at the WBB routines, and see what I can do.

It might be overdoing it, if I go into the gym tomorrow, but I think I might go in just to do the treadmill; the exercise bike, and some free weights... who knows?

Peace out, Owensy

owensy
03-08-2003, 04:47 AM
I decided on not going into the gym today or tomorrow, but only because I read on the WBB routines that If I were to overdo the gym thing every day, I would actually be working against muscle growth... That is obviously not what I want!

Also, while I was reading around the site, I saw a good article on time management. I don't think it would hurt, if I did it. One thing that I would definitely like to sort out is how I am going to eat six regular meals a day, and how I would balance them around my gym. Something to think about anyways. I might try to write a plan on Sunday night for my meals, etc...

bradley
03-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Post you rmeal plan if you want and I will see if I can help you work something out. :)

owensy
03-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Well its 5 past two in the morning. I have been up all night finishing an assignment due in tomorrow... I am so tired

I went to my yoga class in the morning, which was really good. I don't know if it was definitely a good thing though, because when I had to do my workout, I didn't really feel up to it that much. I did it all though, so yay for me :-)

I'll post my diet plan tomorrow when I wake up for Bradley to have a look at (thanks Brad!). I want to do the 6 meals a day thing, but I am having trouble working out the timing. I know that I am going to have to go through a serious bulking up phase, so its going to be so much at the moment.

Night!

owensy
03-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Well today I went into the gym to use the spa, before I went to get my hair cut. I am only going to work out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays... These are going to be full body workouts. At the moment I consider myself - more or less - a beginner. When I am past the 6 month phase, I will post before and after pictures. So you all have to quote me on this, and I will get back to you all at about July/August. I have a picture of myself last year, well before I started all of this.

I hope that I am not always going to be a skinny person, so hopefully, after a few years of disciplined body building, I hope to have got a bit bigger.

This morning I ate a bowl of porridge, some fruit, and orange juice. Hurrah for me! After that it kind of went downhill, but tomorrow I hope to have the same, but with some tuna. I don't have any eggs in the house, but ready for Thursday’s workout, I will buy a pack of them from the supermarket, and try to eat at least 3 boiled eggs every morning. I learnt a lot from other users who replied to my recent post - "what is a good breakfast?" - what I could do, and it was really helpful, so I thank them all for taking the time to write.

I forgot to mention to you all, I got a dog given to me as a present. He is a spitz puppy, and really cool. I'm not usually a big pet person, but Harry (he has a name now, lol) is a definite exception.

I sent off my driving licence application form, and soon I will start lessons. I can't believe I will have a car, and be on the road! I can’t believe that I am going to be 18 in less than two weeks. Anyways, wish me luck with writing a decent diet plan – which is really hard. I know that I want to have 6 daily, but I can’t workout the intervals of when and when I shouldn’t have them. I was thinking similar sized meals, with shakes, at these times in the day:

6am, 9am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 4:00pm, 7:00pm, 10:00pm (snack)

bradley
03-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I would try and schedule your meals about every 2-3 hours and try and get at least 3 whole food meals each day. The other 2 or 3 could come in the form of shakes or bars. Good luck with it and the new dog sounds like fun:D

owensy
03-12-2003, 12:52 AM
I have an exam today in Biology, so I am up early, and ready to go. I am very nervous to say the least. I should really eat a nice breajfast, so I am going to try and have a bowl of porridge oats with water.

This afternoon I am going to go to the gym, and do my normal workout - without the yoga or anything ;-)

owensy
03-13-2003, 01:53 AM
I did the exam, which was a little stressful, but never mind. I am recieveing some exam results today - which are really important. If I have messed them up, then I have to resit them, which will be totally lame.

I went to the gym yesterday as I planned, and I really hurt my ar*e on the rowing machine. I was going fast, and it slipped of the pad, and where my spine is right at the bottom, next to my bottom, I slipped of the pad - and his the very bottom of my spine on the metal rod that you go back and forth on. It dosen't feel too bad, but it is a little tender to sit down on, and walk with. I hope it will be gone by tomorrow. I know that when I go to Yoga, I will probably iron out anything that could be terribly wrong with it.

I'm going to have my breakfast, then for my next planned meal, I am going to have a weight gain shake. My final aim is to have 2 of those shakes a day, but I don't always get around to having both of them.

owensy
03-14-2003, 10:54 AM
I am really shocked about my results. I got an A for on of them!!!! Which, totally rocks, lol. However, the others can be improved greatly, so I am going to have to resit those, but at least I aced one of them.

I was in a really crappy mood yesterday night and this morning. The people I live with had a really big party, and I couldn't sleep till 2am. I don't drink at all - because my dad was a real bad alcoholic - so I don't really enjoy seeing people be sick every where in my home. I refused to clean up sick, but the towels and things had to all be washed, because some people couldn't wait to get to the toilet, and had to be sick in the bath. Atter that, they put towels over them to hide the smell, then for some reason, they threw the towels out the bathroom window into the garden. People are strange when they drink.

I don't drink, but if I am out clubbing or something like that, I don't mind people doing it - if they want to. I just don't see what getting absolutely drunk out of your head accomplishes. Personally, I don't need a drink to have a good time. I don't need a cigarette either.

I went to the gym today. I am in a rather good mood. I'm seeing my sister tonight to babysit again for her, which is ok. I don't know if I have ever mentioned it, but I have seven siblings - so I am one of eight children in my family.

My diet was messed up today, because I didn't wake up till about 11:00am. I have my meal at 12, as I normally would. Went to gym for 2:30ish. Had some vegetables and tuna afterwards, which is about now. I want to maintain my resolution to have about 6 small meals in one day. Must try to do this well so that I can put on the weight...

bradley
03-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Are you drinking one of the two shakes postworkout? If not that would be a good time to drink one and then if you want you can drink the other when you are pressed for tiem.

Man make your roomates clean up that mess. If it was their party then it's their mess as well. You shouldn't have to deal with that mess. I know how you feel though. I can't stand a mess. Everything has to be neat and in order where I live, or I try to keep it that way:)

owensy
03-15-2003, 04:36 AM
It's Satruday morning, and I am feeling a little rough. Bad sleeping is definitely not cool. I took some pics of myself to compare what I looked like last year, and I am really pleased with my progress. I did those yesterday night. I will post pictures of myself in about four months time, when I have given myself time to progress properly.

owensy
03-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Well I went to work on Sunday, and fell asleep at around 7pm afterwards. I have needed proper sleep for ages, and last night I certainly got it! This morning I woke up at about 8:30 am, had a shower, and now I feel a lot better. I'm having my healthy breakfast of orange juice and oatmeal/porridge (whatever its called).

owensy
03-24-2003, 04:08 AM
I haven't written in ages because someone very close to me recently fell quite ill. I went in to the gym on Monday and Thursday, but apart from that, I didn't go.
I need to go shopping today. I am going to have to buy loads of eggs and tuna. As much as I love the stuff, I know that I am going to end up hating them, lol.
Will go for my workout this afternoon.

owensy
03-28-2003, 07:40 AM
I went into the gym on Monday at Thursday so far, so I am going to go in on Saturday morning to make up the 3 times a week that I want to do. I got all the eggs and tuna, so now all I have to do is use them, so in a second, I am going to look on the forums for advice.

owensy
03-31-2003, 12:33 AM
I just had my breakfast, of eggs, cereal and orange juice. It was filling, and I feel the better for it.

I have really good news, which has really cheered me up. Since starting my training, I have noticed that I have put on about a stone in weight, which is from 7 and a half, to 8 and a half! Its the heaviest I have ever been, and I am definitely not fat, so this is at least some progress. My aim is to be 9 stone by July, and 10 by December. I don't think that these are hard aims, as long as I stick to my routine, a good diet and try to increase the intensity of my workout in about a month.

I have a lesson at 9 (first driving), and then I am going to have another meal, at about 11ish. I have to go to the gym this afternoon, so I might go for about 2pm ish, if not 5ish. This all depensd how long I put it off, and how much I mess about before and after I eat at 11am. Anyways, I will post how it went.

bradley
03-31-2003, 05:32 AM
Nice work on the weight gain Owensy. Have you thought about posting some numbers on your training and also your daily diet. This would probably help you get more feedback. Keep up the hard work:)

owensy
04-01-2003, 05:42 AM
Thanks brad! Today had cereal for breakfast, but I didn't have time for the eggs, which bugged me a little. I am going to have some now as a snack to make up for it, along with the chicken that I have just had, and then I am going to keep some back for tomorrow.

I am stepping up my workout to a more difficult level as of Monday, but not so difficult that I am going to be burning muscle. I need to feel a little more resistance than I do at the moment though, I think. The weights that I am using are a little too easy I guess, so I am going to add weights to them. Its embaressing talking like this though, because I guess some people would say that what I was doing already, was so easy, lol. However, I am growing - slowly - so I guess its working for me.

I will post up my new routine, and you can all help me work out where I am going wrong, and what I need to be doing. Like I said before, I don't want to be doing too much, but I know that I could seriously change parts of my workout, and optimise what I am doing. After I have sat with the trainer, and worked out what I am going to be doing, then I will post it all.

owensy
04-01-2003, 01:10 PM
I've just got back in from shopping, and I have spent all the birthday money that I was given by my parents. I have so many new clothes, lol. I am very pleased with them all. I bought some nice new gym clothes

I am eating steak and pasta... I feel so full, yet I know I have to fill a quota, or i won't get big.

owensy
04-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Today I upped the amount of eggs that I had yesterday. I am aiming to have 6 boiled eggs (4 whites, and 2 full), cereal, and steak or chicken in the morning. I am just trying to eat more meats - and chicken and steaks and things are cool for me. I went to the gym yesterday, which was fine. I have my last beginner workout on Friday, and on Monday, it gets a little more difficult...

owensy
04-04-2003, 06:02 PM
I need to buy more eggs now, I have totally ran out of them. I went into the gym today, feel really good about it. Changing programme on Tuesday, at 4:30 appointment.

owensy
04-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Just got in from work. Bought the new England shirt today, can't believe it cost £40, but its worth it, it looks good, and it shows that I am proud to be English. I am going to boil my eggs ready for the morning - all six of them. I also need to make something for me to eat tomorrow, and something to eat now. I'm starving. Got to go anyways.

owensy
04-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Been out today - has been a bit of a rough day. Just chilling quickly before I go to bed. I have to go to the gym in the morning. I'm in a really c(RA)p mood. I don't get why people are so sh**ty to each other all the time. I mean, whats the point in making peoples' life a misery? I was always bullied at school, and even to this day I am angry about it. I swear, as God is my witness, I am going to make a good life for myself, and show all them sh**heads that they will never drag me down. When I go into the gym tomorrow, I am going to work out even harder.

bradley
04-07-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by owensy
Been out today - has been a bit of a rough day. Just chilling quickly before I go to bed. I have to go to the gym in the morning. I'm in a really c(RA)p mood. I don't get why people are so sh**ty to each other all the time. I mean, whats the point in making peoples' life a misery? I was always bullied at school, and even to this day I am angry about it. I swear, as God is my witness, I am going to make a good life for myself, and show all them sh**heads that they will never drag me down. When I go into the gym tomorrow, I am going to work out even harder.

Sounds like you have plenty of motivation Owensy. I try not to worry about what other people think. Just be yourself and people can either like you for who you are or not. Don't sweat the small stuff;)

Gonna post up some exercises and diet after the workout?

owensy
04-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Erm, so far today I have eaten cereal for breakfast. I had my driving lesson, and now I have had my bigger meal - a bowl of fruit salad; a carton of cranberry juice; a ham and cheese sandwich and a packet of crisps. I am off to the gym now. I will write down what I do there, and post it later tonight. I am changing my routine tomorrow, for a more difficult one. After my workout, I will probably have a ton of tuna, and some eggs with it.

owensy
04-08-2003, 08:07 AM
I didn't get round to the tuna that I wanted to eat. Instead I had about 5 spare bbq ribs, and a chicken.

Today I go into the gym to change my routine. When I went in to the gym there were so many people. I couldn't beieve it. It was about 6pm, and it does get busy around then apparently, but I couldn't believe it that every single machine was in use.

The gym that I am at is a little too small for my liking, so when I can drive, I am going to change to a larger gym, that I couldn't go to because I can't drive. It is a shame, because you can grow attached to the staff that you workout with, but I guess in January I will have to pack up and move on to bigger things if I want to progress. I mean, I don't want to worry if I am going to get a machine? I want to be able to go into a gym, and do whatever I want!

I guess the other thing is that a lot of people are going to the gym to get fit for the summer, which I think is a little shallow. Especially women, sorry! We should try to be fit all the time I think, and eat well all the time, as well as work out regularly. Fitness is for life, not just for summer! I guess though its great that they want to get fit, and involved. I just wish we were a healthier nation. If you are going to do something, why not properly? Its not my prerogative though, so I shouldn't judge.

owensy
04-08-2003, 03:30 PM
This is my workout:

Bike - 6 minutes
Treadmill - 10 minutes (2:00 min. 6.0 km/h; 3:00 min 9 km/h; 3min 10 km/h and 2 min 6 km/h)
Leg Press semi seated - 3 x 12reps 85kg
Leg Extension - both - 3 x 12reps 20kg
Standing Leg Curls - 3 x 12reps 15kg
Rowing - 10 minutes
Flat bench - 3 x 12reps 15 kg
dumbells - Shoulder press - 3 x 12reps 15kg
dumbells rowing - 3 x 12reps 8kg
lateral raise-stand - 3 x 12reps 3kg
low pulley - arm curl - 3 x 12reps 15kg
close grip push down - 3 x 12reps 15kg
Lower Back Extensions - 3 x 12 reps
curls-arms on chest - 3 x 15 reps

owensy
04-08-2003, 04:34 PM
THis is my diet plan. I got it out of a book I was reading today, and I like the time intervals that it quotes. I won't be eating everything on the menu, but it gives you a basic idea of what I want to be doing. Ie,

7am - Breakfast - 5 to 6 eggs. 2 pieces of toast. 2 to 3 pieces of toast. A carbohydrate drink. Vitamin and mineral supplement.

8:30 - 10:30 - Workout

11 - Lunch - Tossed salad, with tuna, sprouts, etc. Wholegrain Toast, glass of juice or two

13:30 - Snack - Protein drink, vitamin and mineral supplement.

14:00 to 15:30 - Second Workout

17:30 - Snack. Tuna Sandwich, 1 to 2 pieces of fruit. Protein drink, vit and min supplements.

19:30 - Skeak (every 4 - 5 days or so) or chicken/fish. Baked potato (without butter or sour cream). Steamed vegetables, juice, and amino acid supps/drink (did I copy it down wrong, about the amino acid part??)

22:00 - w/g cereal with milk, fruit, arginine and orithine (I have no idea what the last two are - they must be a supplement or something, so I hope they aren't illegal)

Thats my general diet routine aim.

bradley
04-09-2003, 03:31 AM
For meal one you might think of dropping the toast and adding in some oatmeal, and save the carbohydrate drink to drink throughout your workout, and I would also go with some protein postworkout as well.

As far as the amino acids, arginine, and orithine go you could probaly just leave them out. Since you are supplementing with a multi-vitamin, which should be plenty. What type of multivitamin are you taking? Are you taking the recommended dosage? I think you also need some healthy fats in your diet. Some good choices for healthy fats would be thing like fish oil, flax oil, olive oil, nuts, and natural peanut butter. These can be added in small amounts to each of your meals.

Are you mixing your protein shake that you have at 13:30 with milk? I would recommend this to help slow the absorbtion of the protein, that is if you have access to milk at that time.

For your last meal I would get some protein, preferably a slow digesting one like cottage cheese.

Have you thought about splitting your workout into maybe upper and lower body. Perform upper body on one day and lower the next? Your exercises look fine although I think that may be too much volume for one day. Might think about doing this and saving the cardio for off days, or if you plan on doing that much cardio keep it at a moderate intensity for a short duration. Hope this helps:) Good luck with it owensy.

owensy
04-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Just got back off my workout, and all I can say really is, "S**t that's going to hurt tomorrow morning...". I have never done so much work on my arms before, and its really wierd using free weights for the first time. I did everything I had to do, but I am going in tomorrow morning, just on my flat bench presses. I really messed them up, so I am really pis**d off with myself. I felt like a fool. I am not doing big weights yet, so all the big guys must have been laughing at me. I am not going to quit though, and they weren't that big anyways. They must have been in my position, and I have been flat out training for 3 months now. I will improve. I have to eat something before I get my 4th driving test in a few minutes. His name is Matt, and I have him for two hours :-(

bradley
04-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Don't worry about the flat bench owensy. Going back tomorrow and performing the exercise again could do more harm than good. You have to let your body recover and you will see better gains when doing this. You grow out of the gym not in the gym.

Don't worry about what others think. Do what you think is right and let other people do what they want. You are making a good effort and you will make progress. Just don't get discouraged.

Good luck with the driving:)

owensy
04-11-2003, 04:00 AM
I didn't go in the gym to do my flat bench again, concurrent to the wise advice of Bradley ;-) I am about to have some pies, cereal and fruit. I want to be off to the gym before it gets busy today.

owensy
04-12-2003, 07:40 AM
well I am on my way to work in a second, and I am going to sort out what I need to do as of next week, in re: to my workout. I am goin to sit with my pad, and use all the things that Brad has advised.

owensy
04-22-2003, 04:28 PM
started a new job, and have a really bad cold. Not feeling too good about myself at the moment, and want to crawl in a hole, but will get back to gym tomorrow *drama*

bradley
04-24-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by owensy
started a new job, and have a really bad cold. Not feeling too good about myself at the moment, and want to crawl in a hole, but will get back to gym tomorrow *drama*

Good luck with the new job:) Going to the gym always makes me feel better.

GhettoSmurf
04-24-2003, 05:12 AM
good luck with the new job! what is it? (if you dont mind me asking)

and i hope ya feel better soon!

owensy
04-27-2003, 04:14 PM
he he. Cheers Brad. I am getting my meals ready for tomorrow. When did I become such an organised buff?!

owensy
04-27-2003, 04:17 PM
oh, I work in admin, so I am doing reception work for a business in London. It's a good job, as I am the head receptionist. I enjoy it, and will give it a good go, but its not what I want to do for the rest of my life. It is just something to do in the mean-time, because I need some savings.

owensy
04-30-2003, 05:27 PM
well I have been keeping up alright with my gym. I am actually pretty pleased with it, and as I work now - instead of study - it is more easy to keep up with a regular diet. I am going to have to start learning to utilize my time, when I get the odd five or ten minutes free. If I were more organized, I would have a file with sections and everything :-( we have a microwave at work, and a fridge, so I am going to be able to bring things in tupperwear boxes, and eat them during my break(s). One thing that I want to keep up with is my protein-supplements, at two intervals during the day - including four other mdeium-ish meals, and my biggest meal being after a big workout.

bradley
05-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you are on the right track Owensy. Are you progressing with your training, and have you gained any weight over the past couple of weeks. Keep putting in the hard work and it will pay off.

owensy
05-03-2003, 09:43 AM
This are going alright bradley. I definitely feel more toned, and when I look in the mirror, I feel as if I am getting close to that elusive body we all want. I do want to be much bigger than I am, but I know that it is going to take years - and not a quick fix. I went into the gym today, because I didn't go in yesterday. I really pushed myself, but I suffered the consequences! I feel better for it now, but I was ready to vomit before, lol.

mixta
05-03-2003, 09:53 AM
I went into the gym today, because I didn't go in yesterday. I really pushed myself, but I suffered the consequences! I feel better for it now, but I was ready to vomit before, lol.

Good work on pushing yourself at the gym, as Bradley mentioned it sounds like you are on the right track, keep it up!

owensy
05-24-2003, 03:32 AM
I have been really strict in going to the gym, and my diet has improved dramatically. I enjoy going to the gym more, and the weighlifting isn't getting any easier, but it certainly doesn't make me die afterwards. My arms are improving, and my chest is more solid, if that makes any sense? I just feel all over toned, and getting better. I am a long, long way off waht I want, but I am over the main barrier now I think, and all I got to do is just keep up with what I am doing.

Making a few changes at work. Hopefully will be in there for the long haul, and at the end of my stint (I want to stay there five years at the most) I will be able to do what I want with my life.

owensy
05-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Went into the gym today and yesterday. Did my ballet class yesterday. I know it sounds stupid, but its good for stretching; legs and general cardio. I wanted to try something other than Yoga, and I preferred this, because it actually had me sweating!

I have been eating really well lately, which I am proud of. I hope it carries on when I go back to work on Tuesday (Bank holiday means that I have Monday off, hurrah!). Went into the gym for my proper work out, and really went for it. Afterwards went into the spa, which is really good to chill me out after I work out.

With all I am eating, I am putting on weight/mass fairly quickly. I know when I get to a certain point, I will have to stop, but as long as I keep working out with regular cardio I don't think that I have to worry about much. What I am eating now probably is nothing compared to the rest of some of you guys, but its a lot for me.

Going to go into work early tomorrow, just to sort some things out while I can get the place all to myself. Want to sort my desk out, as it is a bit of a mess. Also want to gut the freezer in the staff room. It needs major defrostation.

owensy
05-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Went into gym today to do all my lower body exercises. Have about nine more to do tomorrow, which is all upper and middle (abs, etc). Doesn't have any cardio in though. I don't want to skip out the cardio though, because when I get muscles, I want to be able to see em!

I didn't eat very well today, or I would have tried to do more in the gym. Where as I normally have about 6 meals a day, including breakfast, etc, I have only managed about 5 at the most, so somewhere along the line I have missed out something. That messes me up, because I want to do well, and diet is the biggest factor with the right exercises.

Anyways, might write more laterz.

Owensy

GhettoSmurf
05-27-2003, 05:18 PM
have you tried preparing foods in advance? and then just take it to work with you?

owensy
05-28-2003, 04:25 PM
I should make more of an effort. You wouldn't believe how much of a mess I am on a morning. I tried to do it today, and I do it most days, but some days, I just barely make it out to the gym and in my trainers...

Went to the gym today, and did everything I wanted to. I hate being at a gym where I don't know anyone. I went with one of my friends yesterday night, and if they had been doing all the machines that i Had been doing at the same time, I would have enjoyed it so much more. I'm just going to get a really good personal CD or minidisc player when I get paid, so I am not always listening to the sound of me grunting...

Might get a bench for in the house.

owensy
05-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Got paid today. All I can say is: thank God. I thought I was going to have to sell an organ or something. Didn't work out today, will HAVE to do all upper body tomorrow. Need to sit down and work out a diet sheet for the week. When am done, will show you guys. Did one before, needed tweaking a little...

owensy
06-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Did my upper body workout as planned. Day off today, so need to get back into the gym tomorrow morning. Going to prepare my morning meals in adviance so that I can just get out of the house as quick as possible. I won't even need to shower in the morning, in theory, if I just get out of the house in the morning, and go straight into the gym. I can just shower after I workout.

owensy
06-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Did all my lower body today. Was tough getting into the gym, but did it! I did a lot of little jobs today. Partner went off to Australia for nearly 3 weeks. The house is going to be dead, and I am going to miss them so much.

I pottered around the house most of the day. Did the dishes, watered the garden, made dinner for the dog and I. I went shopping in Sainsburys, and bought loads of Veg and Fruit. When I get the hankering for a bar of chocolate, or a bag of crisps - my new thing is to go for a carrot... Its not as satisfying as a Mars Bar, but at least its a healthier option.

Today I have eaten an English Breakfast at Heathrow. After that I did my work out, and had a Brocolli and Chicken pie when I got in. In the interim I snaked on milk and and fruit. Treated myself to a big package of cherries. I know I probably need to go for something a little more protein-based, but its not as easy as it sounds.

Took the dog out, and did most of the house jobs. I want to go to bed soon, because after all that work, I am rather tired out. Its been a lovely day today. Hopefully, it will be the same tomorrow for when I do the washing. If it is, I can just use the hanging line to put things out on...

Going to have a protein shake before I go to bed. Never can get enough protein, where I am concerned that it, lol...

owensy
06-08-2003, 02:16 AM
i'm about to make myself some breakfast. Going to clean up the mess that I made last night, and make myself some boiled eggs, juice and porridge. I need to go out shopping to buy myself some veg for tonights meal, and I also need some bread. I need to get wholegrain.wholemeal - so I will buy from the organic range. There is so much bad stuff in white bread, with all the bleaches and such.

owensy
06-08-2003, 04:32 PM
had a nice day, and have eaten really well today. Heard from partner a few times, so feeling a bit better. Have an exam tomorow for college, so I am nervous. Will also have to face people that i haven't seen in ages, from when I was at college, as I haven't been there in nearly three months. Don't know if I will do well, but not too worried if I don't. everything will work out alright, and I will feel better if I can just get into the gym tomorrow. I know i will feel better for it.

did all the jobs again today, and bought some clothes in the mall. i like shopping.

will write more later

owensy

owensy
06-09-2003, 02:34 PM
went to gym today, and managed to do whole workout. really chuffed. feeling the difference, and can't wait to get back in.

ate reasonably well today, though know I could have done with more.

wierd day though. had the day off work, in lieu. this was because I worked an extra day one week. i took this day off - which might seem a strange day in-general, because i had an exam today. it was my last exam this year, and it went pretty well I hope. I know in one paper I sucked, and had I revised, I would have done better, but in the other paper I totally rocked. I know I aced one. I will be able to resit the other paper next year when I take the rest of the advanced class.

i have a lot of ambitions that I want to achieve. a strong mind and body are top of my list, because they will give me an edge in life that i haven't ever had before. they will enrich the relationship that i have with my partner, and give me discipline that i need to be successful in life.

owensy
09-09-2003, 03:29 PM
I got the results from that exam I just wrote about, and I did pretty crap. Ah well, never mind. I went into the gym today. Had an injury which stopped me from working out for a couple of weeks. Got some myoplex today. Heard from a few friends that it is supposed to be good. Hopefully it wont taste like crap either. Was promoted at work. I'm now the assistant manager.

Ate three bananas today. Ate one chicken breast, a cabanara (pasta/bacon and egg, etc) and a roast beef sandwich. I'm about to have a myoplex now, and in the morning will do the same. I'm aiming to use two MRPs a day, and good quality protein and fats from real foods, like chicken, fish (mackeral, tuna and salmon, whatever) and of course steak/beef. I've got a rough idea of what I can eat, and if I can just keep track of it, that will be the hard part out of the way. I love drinking juice, so I am going to try and stick to pineapple, because I read somewhere that it digests the protein well... does anyone have any advice about this?

I hate it when I see pics of people on here. I'm not a hard gainer, and will not be for a long time. I probably look cut, because I'm a lean person, but it means that I look freakishly slim. I want to post before and after pictures, and you will all truly appreciate how much I've came on. I want to achieve a lot.

owensy
09-10-2003, 02:46 AM
Had breakfast this morning. Three strips of smoked mackeral in the microwave, with a serving of Myoplex. Went to gym afterwards, did the rowing machine, and two of my leg exercises. I did back raises. Will keep posting this. Its the only way I am going to be able to control what I am eating.

owensy
09-10-2003, 06:51 AM
I had two chicken breasts during my break, and during my lunch, I munched at some ham-cuts with a bagel and a baguette. I had a glass of orange juice with my lunch, and will have to have some more because I am really parched today.
I probably should have had more for breakfast this morning. Tomorrow I want to have at least 3 eggs with whatever I have. I need to put on weight, so I guess eating more (as much as possible) is going to have to be part of that. *sighs*

On the home front, everything is ok. I'm making more friends outside my marriage, which is important. I'm even going out in London on Satuday for the first time. Bit nervous, but will be fine.

owensy
09-12-2003, 12:33 PM
I'm having a crap day. I'm going through the day like I'm on tranquilizers. Even though I have eaten, I still feel sort of muggy and dizzy. Making loads of stupid little mistakes. I'm fast making enemies today, so I am going to have to get up off my arse, and change my attitude, because I can't mess about like this. My career depends on me giving my 1000% all the time.

---------

Its nearing the end of the day, and I will be done soon. I have to babysit tonight, and I'm not going to get home till about 2 in the morning. I need this like a bloody hole in the head. All in all - I'm not in a good mood.

Alke
09-12-2003, 08:07 PM
uhm....hope you have a better day soon, what do your workouts consists of?

owensy
08-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Went to gym four times last week. Workout as follows:

Tuesday -

(I weighed 54kg in the evening)
Legs:
15 minute cross trainer
10 mins stepper
adducator
abducator
calf raises
leg raises
(didn't make a note at the time the reps/weights, but did about 2/3 sets on the weight exercises, and the weights were similar to what I did with the rest of the week)

Wednesday -

Arms:
10 minutes cross trainer (152 cals burned, 1.31 ran)
1 set of 4 pull ups
standing cable curls:
1)8x20kg
2)10x26kg
3)8x32kg
cable tricep extension:
1)8x23kg
2)8x23kg
3)12x18kg
Dips:
1)10
2)8
3)8
Tricep extensions
1)12x10kg
2)10x10kg
2)9x10kg
4)8x10kg
Sumo Curl
1)12x10kg
2)10x10kg
Ez bar curl
1)12x2.5kg
2)6x2.5kg

Thursday -
(today I had really sore leg muscles, because I worked on my legs quite hard with the stepper machine, and cross trainer, so I reduced the amount of cardio with legs on todays exercises)

Walking pace - 2 mins on the treadmill
Hyperextension:
1)9x5kg
2)8x5kg
3)10x5kg
Narrow grip pull up:
1)3
2)2
Single arm lateral raise
1)10x5kg
2)10x5kg
3)10x5kg
Pendulum:
1)15
2)12
3)12
Underhand medium grip pull down:
1)10x28kg
2)10x35.5kg
3)8x35.5kg
Seated bent-over lateral raise:
1)12x5kg
2)12x5kg

Friday -

chest and abs
seated chest press:
1)9x32kg
2)8x46kg
3)12x32kg
single arm cable push
1)12x7.5
2)8x10
3)8x10
wide arm press ups
1)17
2)10
3)7
flys (chest)
1)10x(6)
2)10x(7)
3)5x(8)
4)15x(5)

(note - the machine didn't say how much these weights were, so I put down the number is gave on the bit you put the pin in)

weighted decline sit ups
1)11
2)5
3)12

owensy
08-29-2005, 08:35 AM
trying to get more into going regularly, weighed 54kg at the beginning of last week, and 54.4 at the end. only a pound, but getter than nother. Weighed less than 50 kilos a month ago, so I am gaining slowly.

owensy
09-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Tuesday 30th Aug (54kg) - Legs

Ran: 1.16, 10.22mins, walking/jogging pace, 49 cals burned
Cross trainer: 10 mins 120 cals burned, 1.32
Leg curl: 1) 12 x 27kg, 2) 12 x 30kg, 3) 8 x 30kg
Minute on stepper
Knee extender: 1) 12 x 38kg, 2) 12 x 44kg, 3)10 x 56 kg
Minute on stepper
Calf raise: 1) 12 x 59kg, 2) 11 x 66kg, 2) 12 x 73kg
2 minutes rowing machine @ 408 mtr
Inclined raised crunches: 12/8