PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE!! help with lifting program

betog22
12-19-2011, 07:04 PM
ok so heres the deal, im a 6th grade teacher and im off for vacations already. i play in a tackle football team for fun but i want to take advantage of these 2 weeks that i have off and go hard in the gym. i was thinkin of goin 2 a days in the gym but then i think i might overtrain. any help would be greatly appreciated.

i plan on getting Nitrean+ and the BCAAS
also im taking some TEST supplements, multivitamins, and fat burners...

theBarzeen
12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
I teach middle school as well..... these two weeks are very needed to keep me sane until spring break.

You can spend all day in the gym for 2 weeks and not over train if you are newer to this. Plan to let yourself eat as much as you want ( and more). Just don't go in and do the same workouts twice as often. Use this opportunity to do some work that you normally don't, or throw in a speed workout or recovery day where you flush everything ( at or under 20% of your max).

I plan on making the trip up to Monster Garage gym to do some strongman training for variety, doing some yoga with a buddy, and go do some contrasting baths and cardio in the pool on top of my regular 2 or 3 days a week that I lift.

betog22
12-19-2011, 11:19 PM
so what workout would u recommend? on maybe even once a day, will total body work? to get most results?

theBarzeen
12-20-2011, 08:59 AM
My personal opinion is that if you have time to be going to the gym every day, you might as well split everything up. You won't recover if you are doing the whole body every day. I'd personally do something like:

Day 1: squats, lots of squats, regular squats, front squats, box squats all heavy
Day 2: cardio and stretching
Day 3: Bench, military press
Day 4: Cardio, very light dumbbell presses ( both flat, incline, and over head)
Day 5: Deavy deadlift from floor, from a deficit, and lock out work in the squat rack ( pulling from the knees up)

After that repeat the cycle but instead of doing anything heavy just work on speed and throw in all of your accessory work.
It's kind of hard to pick out accessory work because I have no idea what's available to you, do you have a fully outfitted powerlifting gym? a pool and hot tub for contrasting baths? A commercial gym?

betog22
12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
no way our gym here just has the weights and some machines... not too fancy...but another gym dont have any dymbells lol just machines but i like your style of workout routines...might as well give it a try NOW lol