PDA

View Full Version : quit coke...now what...

big calvin
05-29-2002, 07:24 PM
ok ive quit coke and soft drinks for a while now. not really weight loss :( i cant tell but i dont really see it. i feel better but not really see change. i went from a over a 12 pack of coke easy a day to none . just water and sometimes for cheats i drink diet coke ;) lol . ok now i pretty much eat what i want just not huge amounts like today i ate BK in the morning but only 2 of the little sandwhiches.(normally up to 6). things like that but i want it more desiplined. like well maybe more 6 meals 3 shake 3 healthy meals but not sure if i should go that route or more lower carbs. i really want to see some changes and its not happening wit this "moderate" thing...

im guessing most of u know my story...if not just ask.

Relentless
05-29-2002, 07:30 PM
what are you asking, exactly?

the doc
05-29-2002, 07:36 PM
your pancreas will thank you!

Shocker
05-29-2002, 07:38 PM
this was not about what i thought it would be..
what is the point exactly?
Did you say that you eat 12 meals per day?

NateDogg
05-29-2002, 07:38 PM
12 Cokes a day...HOLY SH*T!!!!! You're teeth will thank you too!!!

big calvin
05-29-2002, 07:51 PM
lol!!!!!! nah not 12 meals. but like 12 cokes or more. like i wouldnt know it but like i would have atleast 3 meals with those huge super size big gulp things . and no ice cause it takes up good space that the coke can be in ;) so i figure like 3-4 cups in each + what i would drink just for u know whatever..im just asking if how sound i get more strict. like should i lower the carbs and eat proteins and some fat or keep it mod. everything..i really like strict but like i may just go off and binge u know. i want to see results and im not. thats why im askn.

ohh and by the way i figured i was drinking around 300-400g of carbs/sugar from just cokes. not to mention the quarts of white rice and pepper steak i use to eat and etc. keep that on the DL ;) lol

Relentless
05-29-2002, 07:58 PM
3-4 cups? A big gulp size is like a litre and a half, isn't it? 1.5 litres = ~6 cups....

if you're trying to change your diet, making it super strict might just make you crazy.

from the sound of it, if you can just eat 'clean' on a regular basis, you'll be taking a big step forward.

(clean = avoid fast food, concentrate on quality protein, veggies, complex carbs, etc.)

Behemoth
05-29-2002, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't consider diet coke a cheat, I'd say drink it at your leisure just so long as your getting enough water.

ions
05-29-2002, 08:46 PM
I quit soda cold turkey too. The caffeine cravings bugged me for a bit but after about a week they were gone. I once went through 16 in a night. Not good.

FWIW I didn't notice any big change after dropping the soda either. For that amount of sugar being cut I thought there'd be a significant positive improvement.

big calvin
05-29-2002, 09:03 PM
yeah see thats what i hought! i mean for me say 400 g carbs/sugar is around 1600 caloires a day. so man im a lil bumed not great results. but what can i expect i still eat bad things...

Clark
05-29-2002, 09:15 PM
how long have you been cutting out the coke for?

ions
05-29-2002, 10:59 PM
I've been off soda for about a month maybe 5 and 1/2 weeks. I know nothing happens instantly but...oh well I'm not craving it so it's not as though I want to go back. Just curious that I didn't see more weight start to come off.

Bobarell
05-29-2002, 11:42 PM
Man, I don't understand. I lost like 15 pounds in 2 months by just not drinking the coke and switching to water.........hella lot of water though.

Maybe you are just subbing the cokes for more food or something. You might not even know it really. Just one of those things.

You really need to drop the Fast Food though. I was just showing someone at work that a kids meal and a coke at BK has 800 cals in it and how the same things with adult portions minus the coke comes out to around 1000. Fast Food is BAD

Shao-LiN
05-30-2002, 02:04 AM
Cutting out the coke is a good start, but you won't kickstart weight loss because of it. It comes with good eating habits and a good amount of activity/exercise.

EMan
05-30-2002, 03:03 AM
pop and candy are like crack man. the more you have the more you want. I went cold turkey on pop and candy and havne't touched the stuff in three months.

big calvin
05-30-2002, 04:46 AM
i havent drank it in a couple weeks.

yeah see the only real exercise i get is i go to the gym 5 days a week to lift weights. no cardio as of yet, but im workin on that ;)

WannaBeStrong
05-30-2002, 05:21 AM
I quit soda for my new year's resolution. I haven't lost any weight as a result, but I was definitely "undereating" before. Like a lot of people, breakfast was mainly coffee. Sometimes cereal (220 calories). Lunch was a chalupa or 2 (400-800 calories) and dinner was Wendy's grilled chicken with 2 orders of nuggets (760). At most I was getting 1800 calories a day. All crap foods though too.
I knew how to eat and what to eat, but I was going through a lazy stage.

Now I've upped it to 6 meals a day, all moderate portions. Carb heavy in the morning, fat heavy in the evening and plenty of fresh water. Best part : I enjoy my meals. They might seem boring but I love grilled chicken breast and salsa, or tuna and carrots, or a turkey sandwich and an orange. It's no chalupa, but it's good stuff.

jcybex
05-30-2002, 08:22 AM
When I cut soda and iced tea a few years back it made a dramatic impact immediately, as I no longer felt bloated from drinking that crap.

Lots of water and get rid of juice with a good exercise regimen should get you some results.

ions
05-30-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by WannaBeStrong
I quit soda for my new year's resolution. I haven't lost any weight as a result, but I was definitely "undereating" before. Like a lot of people, breakfast was mainly coffee. Sometimes cereal (220 calories). Lunch was a chalupa or 2 (400-800 calories) and dinner was Wendy's grilled chicken with 2 orders of nuggets (760). At most I was getting 1800 calories a day. All crap foods though too.
I knew how to eat and what to eat, but I was going through a lazy stage.

Now I've upped it to 6 meals a day, all moderate portions. Carb heavy in the morning, fat heavy in the evening and plenty of fresh water. Best part : I enjoy my meals. They might seem boring but I love grilled chicken breast and salsa, or tuna and carrots, or a turkey sandwich and an orange. It's no chalupa, but it's good stuff.

You stole my diet! ;)

Now I have replaced the soda with water and I'm drinking quite a bit of water, and only water, a day and my eating is far better than it was before but still needs improving - every week I get a little better.

I just thought there'd be a bigger impact from dropping that many sugar calories. Oh well.