PDA

View Full Version : Same ole food ?

Joe Black
05-02-2001, 08:40 AM
does your body adapt to food if your diet is the same everyday ?

If so in a good or bad way ?

For example, I eat the SAME each day .. I like it like this.. I am lazy when it comes to cooking so it is very basic and simple and I alwaysd know what I need to make. It is by far the best way for me..

Could this hinder my gains ? Does your body get USED to certain foods ?

Cheers

Hulk

the doc
05-02-2001, 09:05 AM
definitely the body adapts. consider when you switched to a higher protein diet. Notice any changes in the digestive process. I sure did. I think that the body adapts to the general trends in your eating habits.

Is this bad? I don't think as long as what you eat is balanced in terms of both macro and micro nutrients and fibre. However, one wouldn't want to eat the same thing at every meal. that would be limiting in terms of a diverse diet

Joe Black
05-02-2001, 09:06 AM
sorry ... meals 1,2 and 6 are different, 3, 4 and 5 are the same....

Its pretty balanced like that, main thing I was worrying about was day in day out..

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-02-2001, 11:30 AM
I doubt that your body becoming used to food would mean that it became less useful to it.

body
05-02-2001, 11:35 AM
if you eat the same food eveyday your body will adapt to it.
eg if for a couple of day you lower your carb intake then your body will increase levels of glycogen sythnase so the carbs that are eaten a higher % will be converted to glycogen as its think a famine is a head. this is the same with many diets though on the other side when a lot eg a meat eater goes veggie straight away the body take a while to start upping the % of iron it requires so if you go veggie you should phase it rather than abrupt change.
so from this its good to change meals as it generally keeps the body trying to guess what it eat so it does not lower the absorption %. though you only have to do small changes here and there also having 10 pints of beer at the weekend with a doner kebab on the way home will also alter your the nutrients your body thinks its getting. though if you eat enough nutritents then you should still make gains.
from a health point its not to good to eat the same thing everyday as if the food are naturally high in toxins, carcinogenic, anti-vitamins etc compounds they can build up. especially if eating certain food foods in high concentrations.

Alex.V
05-02-2001, 01:24 PM
You said "doner kebab". i haven't heard of those (or had one) since I lived in Turkey, and I just got a craving. Mmmmm.