PDA

View Full Version : Pics for NickAus

dammstrate
12-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Here is a pic of my leg infection, this was after I got out of the hospital and the
size had gone down a bit.

The other pic if of my bicep repair, they use freakin' metal staples to sew it up.

theBarzeen
12-24-2011, 10:23 PM
That's some scary stuff. Glad to hear that you pulled through all of it AND found the only way to make it look like a tall guy has a big calf.

chris mason
12-24-2011, 10:34 PM
What happened?

NickAus
12-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Angry looking infection, sore to put weight on the leg I'm sure.

Thanks for posting!

dammstrate
12-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Chris -
Skin infection from an open wound on my shin from where the DL bar hits.
No DL from now on without knee high socks....

Went from a good squat session at 7pm Monday night to the emergency room at 6am Tuesday morning, absolutely impossible to put weight on the foot without excruciating pain. Not sure how many bags if saline and Vancomycin they put into me, but I left
the hospital 9 lbs heavier than I arrived, a whole bunch of that in my leg.

JK1
12-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Chris -
Skin infection from an open wound on my shin from where the DL bar hits.
No DL from now on without knee high socks....

Went from a good squat session at 7pm Monday night to the emergency room at 6am Tuesday morning, absolutely impossible to put weight on the foot without excruciating pain. Not sure how many bags if saline and Vancomycin they put into me, but I left
the hospital 9 lbs heavier than I arrived, a whole bunch of that in my leg.

Has anyone else in your gym had skin infections after deadlifting?

The reason I ask is when I was in my residency, my resident mate was doing her research project on the spread of infectious organisms like MRSA from humans to animals or animals to humans. One of the topics we talked about often was powerlifting (obviously, because of me) and the risk of spread of infection during meets and in the gym. Its something that has had my interest for the last several years.

dammstrate
12-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Interesting you asked that.
BTW, they tested specifically for MRSA, it wasn't that.
One of the other lifters we have, who does bench only, came down with a very
similar leg infection in his lower leg about 2 weeks after mine. But, he doesn't
deadlift with us, so we are not sure if there is any relation at all. We do now pay
much more attention to the gym cleanliness (wipe stuff down with bleach solution,
etc.) than we did before.

thecityalive
12-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Unreal.

Brian C
12-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Dam bro, wish you a speedy recovery

Behemoth
12-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Has anyone else in your gym had skin infections after deadlifting?

The reason I ask is when I was in my residency, my resident mate was doing her research project on the spread of infectious organisms like MRSA from humans to animals or animals to humans. One of the topics we talked about often was powerlifting (obviously, because of me) and the risk of spread of infection during meets and in the gym. Its something that has had my interest for the last several years.
For sure watch out for that stuff. I got it on my forearm two years ago from one of my gyms.