PDA

View Full Version : Ray Thomas' Weight Lifting Journal

rayed
12-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Bench Press: 115 lbs, 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
Dead Lifts: 115 lbs, 4 sets 12 reps.
shoulder press: 30lbs per dumbell 4 sets of 8
bicept curls: 60lbs bar 4 sets of 12 reps
25 push ups
20 push ups
15 push ups
10 push ups
did push ups to make up for not having the available equipment for dips. My understanding is that it works roughly the same muscles.
I know these aren't impressive numbers, but hopefully I'll get to that point some day. I'm about two weeks in with this routine and I love it so for. I take creatine, glutamine, and protien shakes/bars. Not very technical with my diet as I'm uneducated but reading a lot on this site. Please encourage me and give me all the pointers and criticism possible. demand more posts from this to keep me accountable :) thanks everyone! merry christmas!
(will post pics and videos soon!)

rayed
12-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Today I did my legs in accordance to the same article schedualed routine.
pyramid by five lbs up in weight and down two reps each set for 5 sets. started at 90 lbs squats.
I did two sets of stiff leggged dead lifts but it put more strain on my lower back than anything else. so I quit those because I need to research my form better and not injure myself being a noob.
170lb leg press 4 sets X 12 reps
45lb lying leg curls 4 sets X 20 reps
40lbs held while doing calf raises 3 sets X 30 reps, 15 slow 15 fast.
today I didnt really feel like going. but I did anyway and as soon as I stepped in the gym I was fine. enjoyed it and pushed very hard. I clearly have a long way to go though.