PDA

View Full Version : What kkind of diet

ca_richard
05-30-2002, 02:04 PM
I'd really appreciate some help on this. I am a little confused with all of the diet options out there. Here are my stats

age - 26
height - 6'0
weight - 165lbs
body fat - 19%

I used to workout frequently but didn't pay much attention to diet. I would like to get to 185 lbs and 10 % bf by XMAS. I am going to give the WBB routine a shot for the next 12 weeks in addition to doing cardio 4 x a week (2 at 20 min, 2 x at 40 min). What kind of diet will get me where i want to go>

KETO

Very High Protein / Low CARBS

Balanced diet with low fat.

Any help would be apprecaited (i am also looking for advice on supplements)

Cheers

Shark
05-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Are you sure about your body fat? How can you be 19% and only weight 165 if you're 6 feet tall. Do you have no muscle =)?

Vido
05-30-2002, 02:43 PM
I do not think gaining in excess of 20 lbs of lean muscle in 7 months is even close to a reasonable goal, which is what you would have to do to gain a total of 20 lbs while dropping 9% bodyfat. I believe that you cannot gain muscle mass, while cutting so you should do one or the other. No one likes feeling like a fat mess though, so I would recommend starting with the cutting. A high protein, moderate-high fat, low carb diet is probably the best for cutting. Then slowly start adding in more carbs once you feel like you're at a bodyfat percentage you are happy with.
Remember, goals are important, but they have to be realistic.