PDA

View Full Version : How to Build a Huge Raw Squat Training Program

April Mathis
12-31-2011, 04:46 PM
I have a series of e-books that teach you how to build a big raw squat. The first one I just listed on my website. The price is $25 by paypal or $20 by money order. (You have to contact me to pay by money order.)

Check out my website. Click on the link in my signature and scroll down to the bottom of the page under the "Training Programs" tab. It is the last one at the bottom.

Included is a 19-page e-book and I will give you the password to access it after purchase. It gives you the basic outline of the routine (16 weeks) and a thorough explanation of the following: how to set up the lifts, alternate set ups and modifications for limited equipment, what percentages to use, how and when to change the percentages if you miss a lift or it is too easy, what assistance work to do and how much, how to warm up and work up to the heaviest sets (with examples of many different strength levels), when to use the program, how to integrate a meet into the training cycle, what to do once you finish the program, and much more.

This type of training is a large part of how I took my squat from 460lbs. to over 600lbs. and currently around 700lbs. raw all at around the same bodyweight It is also how I got my beltless squat from 330lbs to 510lbs. (before I squatted 611lbs. under very strict judging in a meet). The deadlift portion was also a part of my most successful deadlift training cycle that I've had.

NickAus
12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
That does indeed sound good!!

April Mathis
01-02-2012, 07:45 PM
I have just finished listing the 2nd e-book in my squat series on my website: http://mathistrainingsolutions.com/. It includes a 5-week transition phase, and a 12-week meet peaking cycle. The name of it is "Meet Peaking Cycle for the Raw Squat+Deficit Deadlift Routine" (it is at the bottom of the page under the Training Programs tab). If you buy or have bought phase 1, then this is how to transition from that to a meet and hit a big squat PR. The price of this one is only $20 (or $15 by money order if you contact me). Since it is meant to follow the first program, this will give you a $5 savings.

April Mathis
01-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks to all the people that bought the first squat program so far. And anyone else thinking about it, it is unlike anything I have ever seen written by anyone else. I always do my own thing with training and have figured out some good ideas not seen elsewhere.

Since I have been having more success with this, I decided to also lower the prices of the custom programs by 50%, so they are now a lot cheaper. Anyone interested check it out. Thanks.

P.S. And thanks Chris Mason for letting me post this. I'm trying to keep it just in one thread and my log so I don't keep posting all over your board.

Jason198
01-04-2012, 06:20 AM
My opinion westside.... it will work very well for raw lifters...

April Mathis
01-04-2012, 11:34 AM
My opinion westside.... it will work very well for raw lifters...

That's cool, but I don't train that way (and it is meant primarily as a geared training philosophy). As far as raw lifting, there are only a few lifters from there to my knowledge that have ever competed raw, and not one has an all-time record raw in any weight class. Obviously a few of the bigger name guys have some decent raw gym lifts (I am not denying that or that their program can work), but I don't know what so many people's infatuation with westside is. They have some good lifters, but there are a lot of good lifters that train different ways. If you want to learn about westside, then go to westside.

April Mathis
01-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Added a bench program today. It's a meet cycle that focuses on strengthening the mid-range (2-6 inches off chest) of your bench if that is your weakness. It is $20 and covers assistance work as well. It is located under the squat programs at the bottom of the training programs tab on my website.