PDA

View Full Version : purchasing a bench shirt soon

dedsqtbnch
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
so im planning on getting a 2ply rage x reson being price,tried a loose one and felt good, and lot of good reviews for beginners. with that said im wondering, i do plan on jacking the shirt down for the most out of it. do i need to get the reinforced coller and should i even worry about scooping the neck.the shirt will only be used prob once a month maybe 2 and raw and slingshot on other weeks. but i dont want to mess up the neck just too soon and i prob wont jack it till i get the most out of it normal.this is a gym shirt and will not be competing in this i want to use it to the best of my abilities and than a squat suit and maybe dealift one too than maybe late next year after another set of gear i would think about competing. i would like to get my raw maxes at

squat,around 600 cur 525
bench,around 450 cur 390
deadlift,around 625 cur 525

i know yall can help and thanx in advance.

theBarzeen
01-05-2012, 07:11 PM
A loose 2-ply is a great way to start... hopefully you have some good training partners to help you learn all of this.

If you are just starting out don't sweat trying to go all out on a shirt, get something used for sure. Of course, I am partial to Overkill gear, but the brand and fit is less important for someone just looking to dip their toes in to the water. Something used and cheap to start in is good. Someone else already broke the shirt in for you. Worry more about learning how to touch weight than learning how to jack the shirt as extreme as possible.

Good luck.

Travis Bell
01-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Don't get a jacked shirt for your first one.

drew
01-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Be sure to get one with an open back (or cut it open). It gives you a lot more adjustability and you can get it on and off much easier.

dedsqtbnch
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Deff getting a open back I'm a size 50 for the rage x they do have someone selling a 52 on powerlifting watch but im not shore if I want to get any bigger for it to fit

To Travis if I get the neck taken in ...that's the same as jacking it? And why not on a first shirt this is really going to be just a pr shirt on special occations this shirt will not be competed in and if I get another one it won't be till next year. So still don't jack it?

dedsqtbnch
01-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Rec at gym shirted if 560 so I'm really trying to get that not many people at snap fitnes train with shirts lol

Dank27
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Deff getting a open back I'm a size 50 for the rage x they do have someone selling a 52 on powerlifting watch but im not shore if I want to get any bigger for it to fit

To Travis if I get the neck taken in ...that's the same as jacking it? And why not on a first shirt this is really going to be just a pr shirt on special occations this shirt will not be competed in and if I get another one it won't be till next year. So still don't jack it?

You will certainly need to take time to learn the shirt. You will most likely need a few workouts in it to get used to it. I would not expect to throw a 2ply shirt on for the first time and hit a PR. Good Luck

NickAus
01-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Yep, loose 2 ply.......second hand.