PDA

View Full Version : Gym in Ft. Myers looking to add members

GulfCoastBarbel
01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Gulf Coast Barbell is looking to add a few more lifters to our gym/team.

Gulf Coast Barbell is designed for powerlifting and run by powerlifters.

We have a mono, forza bench, deadlift platform, various barbells, reverse hyper, dumbbells, plenty of plates, and just about anything else you need to get strong.

Please contact us by email if you are interested.

gulfcoastbb@gmail.com

barryisawinnah
01-09-2012, 07:02 PM
why cant a gym like this be in Sarasota??????

GulfCoastBarbel
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
^^check out Muscleworks in Bradenton...Home of the famous Margaret Kirkland and other strong folks.

barryisawinnah
01-09-2012, 09:03 PM
^^check out Muscleworks in Bradenton...Home of the famous Margaret Kirkland and other strong folks.

That is where I train, well I train deadlifts and squats there. I compete in strongman, so I do my overhead pressing in my garage with my axle, log, etc.

I love that place, it's a bit of a hike but I go to school in Bradenton, so it isn't too bad. Only been going there for about 3 weeks now(just moved back to the area) I train in the mornings though, so I seem to miss when the big(big as in big totals) guys and girls are training.

April Mathis
01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
My friend Ed trains at Gulf Coast barbell. He is a very good teacher, especially as far as form and technique and for anyone new to geared lifting. I trained with him for over a year in Lakeland. And they have a nice private warehouse setup with everything for powerlifting in Fort Myers. I have also met a few other lifters from there at meets, and they have some decent people. You should check this place out if you are in the area.

GulfCoastBarbel
01-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks April!

44pirate
01-10-2012, 07:03 AM
What is the address? Is this by the World Gym?

JBreece
01-10-2012, 06:10 PM
This Gym is by World Gym in Ft Myers in an warehouse. For anyone interested in checking it out shoot an e-mail to GulfCoastBB@gmail.com and one of us will get back to ya. Most common team days are Saturday and Sunday, some guys are in Tues, Thurs evenings. Its a key only gym so its open when we want it to be no set times.

Lones Green
01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Ft. Myers is a nice place. I was on vacation there a few years ago, and visited that World Gym. I think I remember a nice reverse hyper in there, but seeing that gym and not having a key with no one in it was pure torture.

Best of luck guys.

44pirate
01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Take some pics.

GulfCoastBarbel
01-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Get a hold of me w/ email...i can send you some pics if i can find any or maybe give you some help/description another way.

gulfcoastbb@gmail.com

I'll be happy to help you out!