PDA

View Full Version : Week of Jan 8th heavy lifts (VIDEO)

Zac Whalen
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
I've been looking at this forum for the last month or so and really like what I'm seeing. Here is a couple vids from my group from the last week. We squat and deadlift at Laura Phelps' gym, and bench at our own place on the other days.

xAQgqk_6swI

w-uBpr3Cp0U

mastermonster
01-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Good stuff! I like that squat bar at Laura's. What brand is that?

Zac Whalen
01-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure who makes it, but I think its the bar that westside used to sell. I really like it, but the downside is that you can't use it in a power rack. Its a great bar to work on stability though... I hadn't used it for a few mos until today, and my warmup sets probably looked like I was squatting with a bamboo bar.

theBarzeen
01-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Strong lifting..... that mega camber bar is a real bear to squat with......

ScottYard
01-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Welcome!

Brian C
01-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Great training Zac, thanks for sharing. Welcome!

Zac Whalen
01-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks Brian and Scott. My wife got me a camcorder for Christmas so I'll try and contribute more frequently. Theres tons of expertise on here, so if you notice anything that stands out on technique ect let me know. Steve, Jim and I are all gunning for pro totals, so it will be a good contest to see who gets there first.

Niko_El_Piko
01-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Great videos.
Never tried that giant cambered bar. How do you feel the lift comparing with the regular cambered?

Zac Whalen
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Great videos.
Never tried that giant cambered bar. How do you feel the lift comparing with the regular cambered?

thanks man. I've got the regular rackable cambered bar, and for me, the giant bar is harder. They both want to swing, but with the rackable being smaller, I can really hold on and keep it tight. Most bigger guys have trouble getting under the rackable bar though, so for them, the giant bar is probably more comfortable.