PDA

View Full Version : breaking in a titan velocity

weaver
01-14-2012, 03:44 PM
hey everyone, 1st post here and first and for most would like to introduce myself. i have been lifting for 9yrs, and have been into power lifting for a few yrs. i have done one competition(raw) and did pretty good. took 1st place in my weight class(220). just got a bunch of titan gear, super centurion...f6...and a velocity. just had my first session in the velocity and all i can say is wow. it is so tight i cant even reach the bar. so here's my question...for breaking it in, is it advisable to perhaps use a rack and session by session by session lower the pins until im pulling from the floor? i have my first equipped meet on march 31st and im hoping i have enough time to break it in and use it for the meet. thanks.

kingns
01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
some ppl will say to squat in it a few times, or to go off blocks. I would just use it straps down a few times and wear it with the straps up in between sets. It will stretch a lot the first few times you wear it. Using it off blocks wont help you get used to gettin into position with the suit pulling you OUT of position which is the hardest part of a dl suit

weaver
01-14-2012, 03:56 PM
some ppl will say to squat in it a few times, or to go off blocks. I would just use it straps down a few times and wear it with the straps up in between sets. It will stretch a lot the first few times you wear it. Using it off blocks wont help you get used to gettin into position with the suit pulling you OUT of position which is the hardest part of a dl suit hey thanks bro. squat in it huh? well i guess that makes sense.

theBarzeen
01-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Both ideas are solid..... either work down a pin each week or squat in it..... or both.

I broke mine in by squatting in it a few times. Good luck.

weaver
01-14-2012, 07:16 PM
awesome, thanks guys.

kingns
01-14-2012, 11:29 PM
ive HEARD of ppl squatting in them but never have myself. If its brand new just wearing it and doing reps w the straps down will stretch it a lot the first few times. Even just putting it on and wearing it will stretch it if its brand new.

NickAus
01-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Reach down and grab bar semi stiff legged then pull yourself into position. Do this a fair few times then rest a couple minutes and try pulling.

Works for me.

SELK
01-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Are the straps adjustable? You can always just tighten them up over time if they are.

Working down on block pulls or pin pulls can work too for breaking in a deadlift suit, just make sure you are not just using your quads to break the weight off the pins because that won't have a ton of carryover to a contest pull.

great thing about deadlift suits is once they are broken in they are pretty easy to use and last forever. I still have the an metal deadlift suit I bought 5 or 6 years ago and it works just as good as when I got it, its the 1 piece of equipment I have that I have never had to worry about.

weaver
01-15-2012, 06:28 AM
ok thanks guys. now, for the next question. once i have my gear broken in, how do i program in it? i use 8-10 week periodzation type(old school) i dont use a WSB template. i have only done 1 meet and it worked well for me. so, i already know what my raw maxes are. do i just use those, because i know the gear will add pounds to them so my maxes will change?

weaver
01-15-2012, 06:30 AM
Are the straps adjustable? You can always just tighten them up over time if they are.

Working down on block pulls or pin pulls can work too for breaking in a deadlift suit, just make sure you are not just using your quads to break the weight off the pins because that won't have a ton of carryover to a contest pull.

great thing about deadlift suits is once they are broken in they are pretty easy to use and last forever. I still have the an metal deadlift suit I bought 5 or 6 years ago and it works just as good as when I got it, its the 1 piece of equipment I have that I have never had to worry about.
straps are not adjustable.

weaver
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
any one??????

kingns
01-16-2012, 08:50 AM
My straps werent adjustable either

weaver
01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
well, i don't think i can train in gear. i train by myself so i have no partners. sucks because i want to but, there is absolutly no one to help me. so, i have a brand new f6(used twice, never touched anything) and a titan velocity used once, but not really. size 46 on the shirt and size 44 on the velocity. if anyone is interested hit me up.