PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of red wine...

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-02-2001, 04:43 PM
I know red wine is supposed to be good for you, but how?

I understand it thins the blood - how is this beneficial?

I'm drinking red wine right now actually...~hicup~...tee hee hee....

Podium Kreatin
05-02-2001, 06:44 PM
some older guys take asprin as a daily supp, which tlhins the blood and decrease cahnce of heart attack. only a little, and the red wine thing, i think the serving size isn't like sth that would be u drunk or anything. it's kinda a "disciplined drinking." i forgot what benefits it had tho.

Alex.V
05-02-2001, 07:21 PM
Excessive supplementation of red wine may lead to bad poetry and pregnancy.

SweatHawg
05-02-2001, 10:23 PM
Without any scientific data to back it up I say beer is much healthier than red wine.......uhhhhh---just because. A cold 24oz. tall mug of Killians Irish Red. The perfect post workoout drink!:D
Wonder how my creatine would mix with that,hmmmm...

Cackerot69
05-02-2001, 10:29 PM
Very moderate drinking has been shown to increase health. Not physical performance, but health.

Moderate alcohol consumption has been shown to lower cholesterol, reduce cancer risk, decrease cardiovascular disease, and increase bone density.

Now this does not give you the go ahead to drink a bottle of wine at once, excessive alcohol consumption is far from healthy and will certainly deminish your physical performance.

"Wonder how my creatine would mix with that,hmmmm..."

It will not effect the creatine at all.

YatesNightBlade
05-03-2001, 03:10 AM
When back stage at a show you will see alot of guys drinking Red Wine. It helps to bring out those veins.

It was also thought that Red Wine stops heart disease, as heart problems in countries that drank Red White frequently was low. It is now thought that the reason for this is not red wine, but the fact that these places have only just started to have fast food chains in the area.

gino
05-03-2001, 09:11 AM
Yeah, it helps vascularity and the sugar gives them quick energy.

Red wine thins the blood, allowing the blood to more easily penetrate the smallest of capillaries and improving circulation to places that otherwise get minimum blood flow.

breeze
05-03-2001, 11:03 AM
Everything cackerot wrote plus the seeds of red grapes contain powerful antioxidant properities. Since, the whole grape is used in the wine making process the finished wine will contain the antioxidant bioflavonoids. You also get this benfit from drinking red grape juice or grape seed extract.

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-03-2001, 01:08 PM
Ok, let me re-phrase the question:

Is it bad drinking a whole bottle of red wine?

I hope not.

gino
05-03-2001, 01:49 PM
Advantage of drinking at least 1 bottle: Increases your chances of getting laid because the opposite sex(or in your case, the same sex chicken daddy, lol) starts looking a lot better. Lowers standards - mediocre looks awesome and down right hideous starts looking not so bad. If you are striving for quantity, not quality, drink as much red wine as possible. However, the hangover may not be the worst part about waking up the next morning...

body
05-03-2001, 05:24 PM
gino - drink as much red wine as possible. However, the hangover may not be the worst part about waking up the next morning... - to stop this problem drink a even more red wine so you get up you are still ****ed so she still looks quite nice.
or you vomit over over where so she kicks you out and does not want to see or speak to you again so you are safe from your her coming up to you when with your mates. works a treat even if you have to put your own finger down your throat.

gino
05-04-2001, 06:58 AM
Hey, that's a hell of a plan. Sounds like you've done it a few times.

works a treat even if you have to put your own finger down your throat

LOL