PDA

View Full Version : New John Meadows article on leptin

cphafner
01-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Saw Shelby post this on his facebook. Thought it would be a nice change and pace to all the threads of diet questions

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/control_leptin_and_control_your_leanness

Allen Cress
01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
I talk with John often and he is one of the more knowledgeable guys out there when it comes to horomones and their effects on the body. He makes it so it pretty easy to understand for most.

Alex.V
01-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Hate to say it, but there are some real problems with that article. some theories aren't quite ready for prime time, and leptin's regulation of a body's fat/mass 'set point' is one of them.

J.C.
01-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Hate to say it, but there are some real problems with that article.

Admit it, you love to say it.

Alex.V
01-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Admit it, you love to say it.

This is true. It's sort of like the feeling you get when someone buys you that last drink that you really don't need.

chevelle2291
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Meadows training is interesting and new, but I always thought he was a little weird with his dietary advice.

Always seems like the geared guys tend to favor higher fats and higher protein relative to natural dudes. Wonder why that is.

Allen Cress
01-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Meadows training is interesting and new, but I always thought he was a little weird with his dietary advice.

Always seems like the geared guys tend to favor higher fats and higher protein relative to natural dudes. Wonder why that is.

He's not weird just stepping outside what a lot of people tend to do, which is a great thing in this industry. I'm a bodybuilder but because I don't always do bodypart splits amny think I'm weird ,but I continue to get results as well as all my clients.

You got this backwards. I know tons of high end competitors and and there are many more who favor higher carbs and low fat more than high fat. High protein is general for everyone. When you are taking ceratin things you can get away with more than a natural guy.

Most pro prep coaches do carb based diets. Some are just now understanding the benefits with an increase in healthy fats.

Natural guys would benefit more from a balance of moderate-high fat and moderate carbs. The higher fat has many benefits for the natural guy; keeping test levels up, inflammation down, control insulin, etc..

But in the end it comes down to the individual and how their body responds.