PDA

View Full Version : How bad is coffee in the diet?

jcybex
05-31-2002, 08:03 AM
Since I started on my little cutting diet, I've given up coffee for water, and I feel great. I do have to add that I did use half & half and 2 packs of sugar as well and I that that is a... tuttut

But, I guess coffee is part of the ECA stack if you're building your own, but I'm curious to what your thoughts are....

Behemoth
05-31-2002, 08:33 AM
I drink coffee all the time, but only drink it every other week, otherwise I start to get addicted to it and go crazy without it. If you can drink it black go for it!

YatesNightBlade
05-31-2002, 08:41 AM
In moderation .... fine. Before Cardio = Ace.

Sugar = tuttut

Tiare
05-31-2002, 09:00 AM
First, the ECA stack is ephedrine, CAFFIENE, asprin. Where you get your caffiene is your call, it doesn't have to be from coffee.

If you can put a small amount of cream or powdered milk or something in your coffee, you'll greatly reduce your risk of getting colon cancer in the future. Or so the medical literature goes.

Too much caffiene (from coffee or other sources) acts as a diuretic and an appetite suppresant. So make sure you are paying attention to your water intake and calorie consumption if you drink a lot of coffee.

Caffiene is VERY addictive. I think coffee is the most addictive delivery system. Now where did I put my coffee cup...

Sebi
05-31-2002, 09:29 AM
coffee is ace

milk coffee of course

NateDogg
05-31-2002, 10:09 AM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<< LOVES COFFEE!!!!

jcybex
05-31-2002, 11:26 AM
Since I'm on Xenadrine EFX, I'm already getting some (probably A LOT) of caffeine, so I've been pretty careful about it I guess. If I drink decaf, then I imagine it would be okay as well....

Behemoth
06-01-2002, 12:49 PM
I still don't understand the negative of excessive caffein...?

WannaBeStrong
06-01-2002, 01:45 PM
The negative would be :
potentially high blood pressure
nervous system issues (constant jitters).
addiction (drink 4 cups o' coffee a morning for 1 month then try 1 day without).

Everything in moder-fuckin-ation.

Jane
06-01-2002, 03:57 PM
Caffeine is also a diuretic.
That means anything you drink that has caf in it will dehydrate you, you might feel tired, and you will bloat up a little.
The body and brain function best when well hydrated (of course), so do yourself a favor and switch to decaf.

tony touch
06-01-2002, 04:40 PM
nothin wrong with an espresso here or there. i drink all coffee straight up tho with no additives. eca stack is better but coffee will give ya a jolt. remember tho that u should probably drink more h20 to combat the diureticness of it;)