PDA

View Full Version : Chicken drumsticks

Vynod
05-31-2002, 01:31 PM
1. I know Chicken breasts top the list since its easy to remove fat from them and they are ofcourse high in protein. What do you think about chicken drumsticks? I bought lots of them last week. I marinate them and grill them on George Foremans grill. They are very slippery from inside unlike breasts (pun not intended!) and are all fat. Now this is invisible fat hidden deep inside which you cannot remove before cooking. Is there any way to cook drumsticks to drop the fat. Or just dont eat them??

2. I have finally started taking lunch to my work place. No more lunch outside (may be only 2 days a week). Now sometimes when I dont take my lunch to the office do you recommend replacing solid food by 2-3 Meal replacement bars.

Slim Schaedle
05-31-2002, 06:52 PM
do you cook them with the skin?

I tried cooking drumsticks once and hated it. Too much fat also

Try to eat real food, but if you can't, go with a meal replacement

WannaBeStrong
06-04-2002, 10:22 AM
I would go with a powdered MRP over a bar. You can control a little better the content. If you own a blender you can make some crazy concoctions.

Some shakes o' mine can include some, all, and not limited to:
almond butter
flaxseed oil
banana (nanners!)
cottage cheese (coChee)
tuna
fruit of all kinds (berries...mmm)
all natural chocolate ice cream

If you set goals for calorie intake and count them properly, you can make a shake that fits your meal plan perfectly! :)

IceRgrrl
06-04-2002, 10:25 AM
Dark meat does have more fat content that white, but you can limit it by skinning the chicken pieces before cooking (use paper towel...it really helps you grab onto the skin) and grilling or broiling so that the fat drips off.

Tiare
06-06-2002, 12:08 AM
IceRgrrl is right, you can limit it but legs and wings will never be low fat like the breasts are.