PDA

View Full Version : Initial Progress Pics - BF% Estimates?

Bassist-Dude
01-19-2012, 10:31 PM
I finally got around to taking some progress pictures, and they were quite a reality check for me. I definitely look a lot better in a mirror than I find I do in these pictures. Anyways, it's all just more motivation to work harder!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l222/Sir-Eats-a-lot/ProgressPics1Comp.jpg

Any body fat percentage estimates would be welcome, as I have yet to find a good place to have that legitimately tested, and a web calculator put me somewhere around 23% to 25% or so. I know I'm higher than I should be/would like to be, but it'd be good to know how far I've got to go.

Lastly, I'd ask what needs improvement, but I think that can be summed up with a simple "Everything!". I think my back is probably doing the best out of all, but it's rather depressing to see how much my legs have shrunk from where they used to be. Fitting in jeans may make shopping easier, but it feels lame.

Thanks!

f=ma
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
17-18%? i dunno about 20%+. you look totally reasonable from a normal person perspective

i cant say i share your tastes in facial hair but the sunglasses while inside are $$

Bassist-Dude
01-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Ahh, good to hear! I figured the web calculator was off by a fair bit. 17-18% is a lot more muscle mass and less fat to lose than 20%+, which is encouraging.

As for the sunglasses, I just photo-shopped those in afterwards (better than a black bar or smiley face!), but I shall grab proper ones for future progress pics! :p
I've since tamed the beard, as well. I'd probably get rid of it entirely if it weren't so darn cold up here at the moment. Gotta have something to balance out being bald!

Behemoth
01-21-2012, 09:33 AM
16-17 would be my guess