WillyTheGreat
05-31-2002, 02:22 PM
Let us know...

Vido
05-31-2002, 02:27 PM
Cooks fast, tasty food. Hard to clean.

jcybex
05-31-2002, 02:27 PM
I actually find it a pain the butt to clean despite what he says. When stuff burns on to the grill, it cakes on there and it requires some effort with that cheesy plastic fork that comes with the grill.

The one I have (cooks up to 4 burgers, forgot the model name) has no power switch either, you have to unplug it and see the sparks go off and hope you don't light your house on fire....

My wife and I don't use it anymore....I think our cat pissed on it too at one time....

thalapathi
05-31-2002, 03:27 PM
Pro : Easy to cook when you live in a Dorm or an rented apartment with limited cooking options. Very easy to clean, if you do it right away. BTW, I have only cooked chicken in it.
Con: Chicken probably doesnt taste as good as it would otherwise when made in an oven.

Jane
05-31-2002, 04:03 PM
Pro: VERY easy (even I can use it :)), very quick, can be used anytime anywhere.

Con: low fat meats can get a little dry, but the pros outweigh this effect imo.

Unclepenn1
05-31-2002, 04:08 PM
I think the Foreman cooker rules! I dont know why everyone says it is hard to clean. Let me tell you how I clean mine, and perhaps you can give it a try. I cook my chicken on it, or sometimes fish. Instead of cleaning it up then, I close the lid after it is cooled and put it back on the counter (where I keep it-This is probably only good for bachelors.) ANyway, the next day when I go to use it again, I plug it in and let it heat up a bit. When it begins to get warm, I grab a paper towel and just wipe the stuff right off .It is soooooo easy! I could train a monkey to clean it for me in 30 seconds. GIve it a try guys.

I would give the Foreman an A+++

Penn

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-31-2002, 04:09 PM
Con: Cause make HCA's and AGE's that can contribute to cancer.

Brahms
05-31-2002, 04:23 PM
Its a pain in the ass to clean! If only the grill part was detachable so that you could put it in the dishwasher. Oh well.

NateDogg
05-31-2002, 04:30 PM
To start the cleaning process, right after you cook, unplug it, then immediately get a sponge, get it real wet, and wring it out on the thing. Shut the lid real quick and most of the crap will remove itself. Now, after the water it has cooled off a little, so whipe it down with the sponge.

Shao-LiN
05-31-2002, 05:49 PM
It's only hard to clean if you let the stuff dry on it. Heat the sucker up and you can rub it right off.

Certainly is easier to use, but I just use a stovetop grill.

WillyTheGreat
05-31-2002, 10:15 PM
What size is good/sufficient?

Alex.V
05-31-2002, 10:27 PM
Pros: Gets rid of the fat.

Cons: Gets rid of the fat.

NateDogg
06-01-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Belial
Pros: Gets rid of the fat.

Cons: Gets rid of the fat.

Wouldn't that be just a pro? Should fat from meat not be avoided if possible? It gets rid of some, but not as much as George says it does. Anyway, animal fat is saturated!

smalls
06-01-2002, 10:59 AM
pro's: lots of stuff

Con's: not much stuff.

zwarrior99
06-02-2002, 04:09 PM
EXCELLENT!!! it is !!:D But the chicken gets abeit stiff, but i found a way around this :p removeing the chicken a few mintures before... its done completely :)

Kromax
06-03-2002, 04:54 AM
Pros--fastest, easiest way to prepare chicken.

Con-cleaning it, although if you clean it while it's still hot, it's not too bad.

ElPietro
06-03-2002, 01:11 PM
GF Grill = :thumbup:

Magnus
06-03-2002, 01:17 PM
How does the food actually TASTE on the GF grille?

NateDogg
06-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Magnus
How does the food actually TASTE on the GF grille?

I think it tastes like it has been grilled, the only difference is you are missing the charcoal (a positive difference).

Jane
06-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by NateDogg

Wouldn't that be just a pro? Should fat from meat not be avoided if possible? It gets rid of some, but not as much as George says it does. Anyway, animal fat is saturated!
We know that. :) Just that fat makes the meat taste better, so getting rid of it so well on that GF grill causes a shift in taste. Avoid overcooking like the plague or then it really wont be very eatable.

NateDogg
06-03-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Jane

We know that. :) Just that fat makes the meat taste better, so getting rid of it so well on that GF grill causes a shift in taste. Avoid overcooking like the plague or then it really wont be very eatable.

Good point, I wasn't thinking from a taste perspective, just a healh one.