PDA

View Full Version : Youth lifting

LandonLax
01-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Im turning 16 in a month and I play lacrosse. I'm not looking to get swoll but I want to break 220 on bench press and hopefully break 300 deadlift this semester. My bench is 190 and dead lift 285. My squat is 265. I weigh 135 pounds and I'm 5"7', and I was just wondering what suggestions people had to help get where i want to be, I currently have a high carb diet and I'm not eating lots of fat, I try to get 3 sittings in a day and I do not snack.

Phyde2
01-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Right out of the gate I would suggest eating more frequently 5-6 times per day and more total kcals. If you can put out more information it would be very helpful. (current training program etc). Are you just asking due to a current plateau or what?

ScottYard
01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Do some reading. Go to Westside barbell, Elitefts.com, look at the articles here........then read. The biggest thing is to eat right, sleep right, and spend more time out of the gym then in it.

larsen540
01-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Do some reading. Go to Westside barbell, Elitefts.com, look at the articles here........then read. The biggest thing is to eat right, sleep right, and spend more time out of the gym then in it.

Good call Scott I couldnt agree more