PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly sleepy need insight

dynamo
01-26-2012, 05:20 AM
So, this past week, I've been utterly drained, its my deload week, so thats great, no lost time in lifting mostly. Let me describe to you what is going on and maybe you can help me out:

On Sundays I do a ruck run, minimum 40 pounds, 5 miles. I do 5/3/1 with light cardio for 30 minutes during the week. You can check out my journal for the details on my lifting. Anyway, this past week I have been getting off work and been completely drained, I'll eat a bowl of chicken curry (thats my weekly dinner this week, consists of chicken coconut milk, carrots, cauliflower, canned tomatoes) and by 6pm I'm in bed and I'll usually sleep until 5 or 6 the next morning no sweat, even wanting more sleep. Last night I was craving the hell out of some saltine crackers and cheese sticks. The night before, just cheese sticks.

I posted it here because I see it as maybe an under recovery issue based on diet, but I am not sure. I wanted to know if anyone could give any advice given my training and symptoms. Thanks.