PDA

View Full Version : Preds rolling up under Leviathan

CrazyEyesPat
01-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Anyone know of any good ways to keep your preds from rolling up under your leviathan? The suit is sickly tight in the legs. I can still achieve depth with a weight that is well under an opener with good speed and technique, but when the preds roll up under the canvas the circulation in my legs are completely cut off. Ex-- Yesterday this happened to me and after pressing a finger into my quad no color returned for about 3 minutes. After this I decided to yank the suit off and call it a deload day.

I may have Ginny let the legs out an inch and half or I may unload the suit on some other lifters in the gym that have similar hip sizes as I do but don't have the leg mass. I'm doing the XPC Pro Coalition and obviously don't have enough time to get/work in another suit from Inzer. On top of that, it's damn difficult getting these suits sized correctly from Inzer. I've seen three different Leviathans from a sponsored lifter (same measurements for all 3 suits) look MUCH MUCH different in size.

I've taped the briefs down with good success before, but I've put on some weight and it makes the getting the suit over the tape damn near impossible. I've seen some guys put small holes in the bottom of the preds, run strings or shoelaces through the holes, and have a partner hold the the strings down while getting into the suit.

If any of you have had similar experiences let me know.

Thanks.

Zac Whalen
01-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I wear the same combo you do, and I have never had that problem. Even with a super tight ace suit on, i never had any issues with briefs rolling up. As far as the leviathans go, I've always heard that hips should be tight and legs a little looser than a poly suit so long term that might be your best option. In the short run, if you have a meet coming up, you might want to try suit slippers over the briefs or baby powder on the briefs. Even if they do roll up some, you probably won't lose too much support.

CrazyEyesPat
01-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I wear the same combo you do, and I have never had that problem. Even with a super tight ace suit on, i never had any issues with briefs rolling up. As far as the leviathans go, I've always heard that hips should be tight and legs a little looser than a poly suit so long term that might be your best option. In the short run, if you have a meet coming up, you might want to try suit slippers over the briefs or baby powder on the briefs. Even if they do roll up some, you probably won't lose too much support.

i used to wear an ace and never had an issue w/ briefs bunching up under that either. the preds are notorious for bunching up due to that leg flare they have on them--- i have a meet coming up in 5 weeks (xpc pro coalition) and dont want to alter anything this close out. The legs are too tight on this Leviathan but I can still work the suit well as long as the briefs dont bunch up. If they do I can't even move in the thing.

Zac Whalen
01-28-2012, 04:40 PM
You might also try cutting the bottom off of the briefs. When i squat is just briefs, I always roll mine up because that last inch or so doesn't give any support and it makes it easier to flare my knees.

CrazyEyesPat
01-28-2012, 05:53 PM
You might also try cutting the bottom off of the briefs. When i squat is just briefs, I always roll mine up because that last inch or so doesn't give any support and it makes it easier to flare my knees.

this is a smart idea..... w/ the preds i dont know if this would work but some friends have cut their ace briefs (they are laminated so no additional stitching needs to happen) and they really liked them better that way. In fact I believe a few guys sponsored by elite do the same thing.

So I just spoke w/ another guy I train w/ --- his equipment is absurdly tight (he's one of petethegreeks training partners actually... waiting for him to chime in on this) but he never has this happen-- most likely because his preds have been altered so that the legs are very tight... the hips on my preds are tiiiiight (perfect) but the legs have that nice flare on the bottom--- they aren't super loose or anything but that's what bunches up-- they don't roll it scrunches everything together making everything circulation stopping tight