PDA

View Full Version : Should I be mad

Hartzell84
01-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I been on my diet for two weeks now, the first week I lost 2lbs, and today it week 2 and I only lost 0.2lbs, I lift M,W,F and run 2miles on Tuesday and Thyrsday. Im 199lbs at 5foot3, mu nutrition break down is Protein 245 Fat 80 Carbs 130 and my calories are 2200, I feel like I should loose 1.5lbs a week, now on a note I did weight myself 2 days early I usually do it on monday.Am I doing something wrong

Behemoth
01-28-2012, 01:56 PM
How often are you weighing yourself and is it at the same time each day?

Hartzell84
01-28-2012, 02:04 PM
How often are you weighing yourself and is it at the same time each day?

I weight my self first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom and b4 any thing goes in my mouth, I did weight myself 2days b4 this week so im gonna do it again on monday which would be the orignal day. Im also taking creating to maintain some strength, ans I also drank about 16oz of water right b4 I went to bed lastnight

Hartzell84
01-28-2012, 02:56 PM
My nutrtion for today is gonna be calories 2150 fat 78 carbs 118 and Protein 230

Behemoth
01-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Weigh yourself daily. The more dots you have to connect to draw your line the better.

Hartzell84
01-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Weigh yourself daily. The more dots you have to connect to draw your line the better.

How does my nutrient breakdown look?

Behemoth
01-28-2012, 04:58 PM
How does my nutrient breakdown look?

If it's a breakdown that you adhere to then it's good. There's not a lot of room to move things around on 2150 calories anyways. Get your 1g of protein per pound, get essential fats (would not recommend going below 45-50g) and fill the remaining calories as you see fit. They will not make or break weight loss at the point. As time goes on you may find it more accommodating to fiddle with different breakdowns. Maybe a higher percentage of the filler calories from carbs for energy needs, maybe a higher percentage from fat for satiety needs time will tell. For now just stay consistent with a small deficit.

Hartzell84
01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
If it's a breakdown that you adhere to then it's good. There's not a lot of room to move things around on 2150 calories anyways. Get your 1g of protein per pound, get essential fats (would not recommend going below 45-50g) and fill the remaining calories as you see fit. They will not make or break weight loss at the point. As time goes on you may find it more accommodating to fiddle with different breakdowns. Maybe a higher percentage of the filler calories from carbs for energy needs, maybe a higher percentage from fat for satiety needs time will tell. For now just stay consistent with a small deficit.

Thank you

RhodeHouse
01-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Instead of worrying about nutrient breakdown and all that crap, just train harder. That will take you very far. once you hit the next plateau, then you can really dive into the nutrition side.

The other thing is that just because you want to lose weight, doesn't mean your body does. It's not a constant process. You could doeverything right and go nowhere. It happens all the time. Be consistent and if you're training hard and eating well you'll be fine.

Don't overcomplicate something that's very simple.

Hartzell84
01-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Instead of worrying about nutrient breakdown and all that crap, just train harder. That will take you very far. once you hit the next plateau, then you can really dive into the nutrition side.

The other thing is that just because you want to lose weight, doesn't mean your body does. It's not a constant process. You could doeverything right and go nowhere. It happens all the time. Be consistent and if you're training hard and eating well you'll be fine.

Don't overcomplicate something that's very simple.

I'm completely understand, I'm just mad bc I never ran in my life b4 and now I am and I'm training very hard, I'm in no means fat, I been working out a lot of years now

RhodeHouse
01-29-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm completely understand, I'm just mad bc I never ran in my life b4 and now I am and I'm training very hard, I'm in no means fat, I been working out a lot of years now

Be patient and enjoy the process. If you pay attention, you'll learn a pantload about how your body works. Stay positive and stay the course.