PDA

View Full Version : Help me name my Overkill prototype suit......

theBarzeen
01-28-2012, 05:39 PM
After much prodding ( begging ) and hard work ( from Rudy ) I finally got a chance to try out the new Overkill prototype squat suit.

The suit is 4 plies ( !!! ) of Overkill poly. Rudy has done a ton of work changing the pattern to work better with poly and so far I'm impressed.

My goal today was to get a feel for the suit and take a lot of sets in it up to ~50 of my planned XPC opener. The suit took 30 minutes to get on and I had some reservations about it being possibly too tight. After the third set it had loosened up to where I could breathe and it felt pretty good.

Overall impression is that it's a LOT OF SUPPORT! WOW! I kept the straps loose through the 800's. I tried to dip a little like I do in my canvas and as soon as I loosened up a tiny bit to dip my hips shot forward.... It worked way better if I kept tight and just pushed back in to the suit... even if it did feel like my head was going to pop. Took a few minutes after each set to stop seeing cross-eyed, and I squat pretty upright. I was able to sit hard in to the suit and get close to parallel with mid-800's. We tightened the straps for 900 and I cut it an inch high as it was a LOT of pressure. The weight moved really fast and the suit had a TON of pop.

Over all I think I like it better than my old canvas, but I'll reserve my judgement for two weeks from now when I take it over 1000. I'll post videos as soon as I get them from the guy on the team who took video.....

Either way, the suit needs a name..... I have been calling it the Depth Charge, but it was brought to my attention that it would be funny to call it the Pit Boss..... any thoughts? Good names for the suit?

ZAR-FIT
01-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Jack Hammer

NickAus
01-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Jericho, Seeker, Crusher, War Hammer, Conquest, Mark 1.....

Dank27
01-28-2012, 09:04 PM
4 Plys?????? Jeez thats insane

Anyway as far as a name..........War Machine, the Gladiator - ill keep working on it

theBarzeen
01-29-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm liking War Machine and War Hammer.... a 4-ply suit needs an equally brutal name.

drew
01-30-2012, 08:39 AM
The Unparalleled

As in, your ass is never getting down to parallel with 4 plys. :D

mastermonster
01-30-2012, 10:22 AM
The Unparalleled

That's funny! Good luck with it!!!

Fuzzy
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Not warhammer....

Overkill Battle-Axe

theBarzeen
01-30-2012, 06:59 PM
The Unparalleled

With the briefs that makes 7 plies. I've never fought so much pressure in my gear before, but I got within 1/2" with loose straps and 1" with the straps cranked.... the tight-strap set did make me see cross-eyed for a while though.....

I'm either going to finally get my 1000 squat or end up on youtube with a cool video of me blacking out in a puddle of nose-bleed.....

BULK_BOY
01-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Cross-your-heart..............

;)

ScottYard
01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
The Unparalleled

Lol. Nice

Rob Luyando
01-31-2012, 08:29 AM
How about you quit fukking around worrying about a name and just squat 1000 plus already :)

theBarzeen
01-31-2012, 06:41 PM
How about you quit fukking around worrying about a name and just squat 1000 plus already :)

Next heavy session is either this weekend or next. .... then just a waiting game now for the XPC meet to come around.

You are just jealous because I have a bigger subtotal :)

Alex.V
01-31-2012, 07:49 PM
I'd call it "Beth", since that was the name of the last thing that crushed my manhood into oblivion.

theBarzeen
02-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Here's the link to the video from last week.... at ~42 sec. in I took 810, and at 1:42 or so I took 900 with the straps cranked tight...

http://youtu.be/-acLM1OkNcc

You can tell even from this angle that they are not legal depth, but they aren't too far off. Not too bad for the first day in a new suit.

I plan to take something heavy in it this weekend. I'll keep you guys posted. This should be a good indicator of if I should try to take it out at the XPC meet....

theBarzeen
02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
It's worth mentioning that also on that video is some great footage of Jeff Johnson and Darilyn Doddy benching with us. As for benching, I used my loose training shirt and ground out 725 only to be overshadowed by Jeff handling the same weights at 100# lighter body weight, and Darilyn being awesome and benchng heavy THE WEEK AFTER A FULL MEET!