PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here??

jamesphoenix
02-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Hey guys,

I've been checking out the site and forum now for a couple of months and it is really motivating. I have been skinny for my entire life (I am now 30). Over the past year I have been working out consistently, but really have not focused on eating more until the past couple of months. I am 6' and began at about 150lbs. I now usually weigh in close to 175lbs on the scale each morning. Based on the my pictures, do I continue to bulk or switch to cutting. I am fairly lean except for the extra fat around my midsection. Ideas? Thanks.

fpr
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Do you have beginning pics?

imo, you look skinny fat. If I were you, I would continue to bulk (perhaps to 200lbs?) and make sure you're on a heavy lifting program and cut from there.

I started lifting at 200# around ~15% BF, bulked up to 247# ~20% BF and have since cut to 200# ~9% BF. I wouldn't have been able to put on as much lean muscle mass had I not bulked.

good luck

jamesphoenix
02-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I would agree with skinny fat. I do not have any beginning pics. I wish I did for comparison. Would you incorporate any cardio or just continue with the "why run when you can walk, why stand when you can sit?" motto? Should I continue to eat everything in sight or focus on high fat, low carb?

f=ma
02-02-2012, 06:31 PM
the everything in sight method is not very good.. you might maximize gains but youre going to get fat.

i would try to control your intake and keep it 500-700 above maintenance. if you're not gaining on 500-700 above maint, then you are counting your calories incorrectly.

BULK_BOY
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Continue to Bulk. Manhood begins @ 200lbs.+

Behemoth
02-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm more in question of what your training was like during that period that you gained those 25lbs.

I'd cut that weight off before gaining any more weight.

chris mason
02-19-2012, 06:40 PM
This guy HASSSS to be a troll.

jamesphoenix
02-19-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm more in question of what your training was like during that period that you gained those 25lbs.

I'd cut that weight off before gaining any more weight.

Thanks for the advice. i lifted pretty heavy but ate a lot of junk. Over the past week I've started trying to eat better and lose the excess weight. I've been counting and realized I was not getting near enough protein. It's amazing to me how much protein I am now eating compared to the past year. My plan is to cut a little, maintain through summer, and do a proper bulk next fall/winter.

ZAR-FIT
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
This guy HASSSS to be a troll.

what does troll mean?

Behemoth
02-19-2012, 10:12 PM
what does troll mean?
Trolling is when somebody makes up a story, scenario, or situation to bait posters into believing it simply to screw with them and waste their time.

jamesphoenix
02-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Trolling is when somebody makes up a story, scenario, or situation to bait posters into believing it simply to screw with them and waste their time.

Why would I make this up?

Behemoth
02-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Why would I make this up?

Why is stated in my explanation of trolling, however I don't think that you did.

I'm in agreement with your plan to cut and redo a proper bulk.