PDA

View Full Version : Strongman Training, New Blog

ThePrimalOhioan
02-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Come follow my training towards trying my first strongman competition! Posting workouts and nutrition daily with videos weekly! I welcome any critiques, ideas, additions and subtractions to the workouts we follow!

http://theprimalohioan.blogspot.com

Tom Mutaffis
02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Which contest are you training for?

ThePrimalOhioan
02-05-2012, 12:51 AM
No specific contest yet, I've been watching the NAS website hoping for something that will pop up near me, until then just conditioning.

Tom Mutaffis
02-05-2012, 08:36 PM
No specific contest yet, I've been watching the NAS website hoping for something that will pop up near me, until then just conditioning.

Oh, in your first post when you said "training towards trying my first strongman competition" I figured that you already had one in your sights.

Why the strong focus on conditioning work? Conditioning is definitely important, although it is just one piece of the puzzle (along with speed, strength, proficiency with the events, etc.).

ThePrimalOhioan
02-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I've been trying to evolve the routines to hit strength, power, and Fridays work on speed etc... With 2 hours in the afternoon to train (which is, change, go to gym, shower, change back, eat chow) I'm trying to make each day as effective as possible. Any suggestions would really help since this is the first I've really had a goal to work towards. I've been trying to utilize the 3 to 5 method on my lifts (courtesy of Pavel) though it seems to be working any tweaks would be appreciated. I just started this week back running (bad feet) but keeping it to short 20 to 30 minute time limits right now.