PDA

View Full Version : Raw bench with chains and Buffalo bar squats (Video)

Zac Whalen
02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
iCHshrvNyzc

Shane added some 4x4's around the base of the monolift, and it has made each band seem like one band stronger. For example, we used greens this week and they felt like blues. Not sure on what the tension is, but they suck. For bench, we had 130lbs total chains with some deloaded at the top.

gmen5681
02-06-2012, 05:20 AM
nice lifting.

anyway you can get a close up of the band set up? we are trying to figure out how to choke bands around the base of the mono. but out mono is bolted down and there isnt enough space between the floor and the base to get a band.

Brian C
02-06-2012, 08:59 AM
anyway you can get a close up of the band set up? we are trying to figure out how to choke bands around the base of the mono. but out mono is bolted down and there isnt enough space between the floor and the base to get a band.

2 heavy DBs on either side will do the trick.

Very nice lifting Zac. Bench looks strong!

Zac Whalen
02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys! I'd be happy to video the band setup, but it does go under the monolift for ours. In addition, there is a 4x4 on the outside of the mono that the band loops around to provide more tension. I'll shoot it for the next video- you probably won't be able to replicate it, but it should at least give you some ideas. And I have used DB's to connect the bands in the past, and it works just fine.

larsen540
02-06-2012, 05:55 PM
good work