PDA

View Full Version : Shortening sleeves on Jack shirt?

-JM-
02-07-2012, 03:09 PM
If I go ahead and cut a bit of length off the sleeves would I need to get the edges stitched? Is there anything else I should worry about in doing so?

*Sorry about creating a thread for this :/

NickAus
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I used to fold mine then slide shirt on

vdizenzo
02-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Dude, the shirt will be ruined forever. No, seriously, the plies are laminated. You do not need to get it stitched where you cut. My recommendation, just trim a little bit at a time. I have seen some people trim way too much off their shirts the first time around.

-JM-
02-08-2012, 03:07 AM
I used to fold mine then slide shirt on

Cheers Nick, I would but I have just had the sleeves tailored in and they are TIGHT. If I were to fold them, my arms would turn black and drop off at the elbow. :)

Dude, the shirt will be ruined forever. No, seriously, the plies are laminated. You do not need to get it stitched where you cut. My recommendation, just trim a little bit at a time. I have seen some people trim way too much off their shirts the first time around.

Thats great. I had read something recently about guys trimming their predator briefs and basically they said the same thing. With them being laminated it was fine to trim them without the ends needing stitched. I had hoped the same would apply. Thanks a lot.

J_Byrd
02-09-2012, 09:17 AM

The top layer of mine is actually starting to roll after a few workouts with it cut. It is only about a 1/4in, but dont know if it will get worse or not. Has not effected the shirt any, but starting to roll. I am going to just take mine to a local person and get it stitched for the time being.

vdizenzo
02-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Wow, I had one of the first shirts in this country and seperating plies has not been an issue.

Travis Bell
02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
If you want it stitched, just take it into like a shoe repair shop and have them stitch it. They have the right sewing machines and it's very inexpensive.

J_Byrd
02-10-2012, 07:02 AM
If you want it stitched, just take it into like a shoe repair shop and have them stitch it. They have the right sewing machines and it's very inexpensive.

Thats the plan, I am doing a bench only meet next weekend. I will get it done after that. Shirt still works great, just dont want it to become an issue later on.

J_Byrd
02-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Wow, I had one of the first shirts in this country and seperating plies has not been an issue.

It has just started to roll a little. Not really a big deal. I will try to remember to take a picture of it today at the gym.