PDA

View Full Version : Eating like a horse + cardio, will it cancel?

Behemoth
06-02-2002, 06:07 PM
I've been cutting and I'm hungry a lot of the time, and the best part of my day is when I get to eat. I even have dreams about cupcakes and brownies. Anyhow I was wondering if I upped my calories by like 500 almost to my base but doing a WHOLE LOT of cardio, would it cancel out the extra cals? I'm talking clean and with the same ratio's, would it burn muscle too? I know that cardio burns fat and muscle, and eating more gains fat and muscle, so what would happen?

nejar462
06-02-2002, 08:44 PM
eating like a horse as long as its clean and lifting cancel just fine, cardio is for increasing cardiovascular abilities, thus the name, it has no fat burning purpose really.

Vido
06-03-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by nejar462
eating like a horse as long as its clean and lifting cancel just fine, cardio is for increasing cardiovascular abilities, thus the name, it has no fat burning purpose really.

Why then do all pro's begin to incorporate more and more cardio into their training regimen as it gets closer to showtime? Why does everyone begin to do more cardio as summertime rolls around and they want to shed their love handles? Are all these people wrong?

Kayak_boy
06-03-2002, 01:08 AM
"cardio is for increasing cardiovascular abilities, thus the name, it has no fat burning purpose really."

That is the most uneducated answer I've read on this board.

EMan
06-03-2002, 01:38 AM
It's all about cals in and cals out. Calculate your maintenance and how many calories you burn during your 1 hour or whatever cardio. 3000 + 1000 let's say. If you eat 4000 calories you'll be maintaining. If you eat 3500 calories and you do this all week you'll end up losing a pound of fat + whatever you lost from the actual fat burning effects of cardio.

Clark
06-03-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Kayak_boy
"cardio is for increasing cardiovascular abilities, thus the name, it has no fat burning purpose really."

That is the most uneducated answer I've read on this board.

I agree KB. How can you say that cardio has no fat burning properties. Thinking about the incorrectness (doubt that's really a word) of Nejar's comment just makes my head spin

tony touch
06-03-2002, 04:44 PM
dont ever ask a pro for cardio advice. these guys will do cardio for long, long boring time periods. this kind of stuff would make natties small, small, and smaller. you can do this type of cardio and keep putting on size when ur geezin a couple of grams of androgens a week in addition to all your other fatburning and anabolic acceessories.

Vido
06-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by tony touch
dont ever ask a pro for cardio advice. these guys will do cardio for long, long boring time periods. this kind of stuff would make natties small, small, and smaller. you can do this type of cardio and keep putting on size when ur geezin a couple of grams of androgens a week in addition to all your other fatburning and anabolic acceessories.

I'm not modelling myself after any pro's advice, nor will I ever. I'm just saying that when you want to lose fat, cardio has its place. It is all about cals in and cals out as well, and I don't know about anybody else, but I'd rather throw some cardio into the mix and eat more rather than starve myself. (I wouldn't actually starve myself, just so no one tries to pick my post apart. Eating below maintenance is "starving" myself imo.) It would be better to eat at maintenance and do a bit of cardio to produce the caloric deficit.

tony touch
06-04-2002, 10:48 AM
cardio and more importantly interval training have their respective places in bodybuilding

WannaBeStrong
06-04-2002, 10:52 AM
Cardio on an empty stomach (like 5:00 am walks) w0rks for me.
Combined with ECA and weight training, my results are generally excellent.

Chris Rodgers
06-04-2002, 10:56 AM
If you are 15 and weigh 148, why are you being so strict with your diet and cardio?? This is the best time of your life to put on some size while you are naturally growing. Take advatage of it and eat!

Are you trying to make weight for something?

Behemoth
06-04-2002, 02:13 PM
I'm 15 and 148 yes, and I've been cutting, I'm very close but not satisfied yet. Probably 5 more pounds and I'll be done and then start bulking.
Are you saying that cutting has no place in young bodies? They can gain BF too.

Hellrazor
06-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Cutting then bulking why ?:confused: lol....Listen to Latman...the age you are at your natural testosterone levels are at the highest they`ll ever be meaning you should be bulking , lifting heavy and putting on as much mass as you possibly can ...leave the cutting for now ..seriously.

Hellrazor
06-04-2002, 04:24 PM
holy macaroni latman...to the bulkmobile. Tryintobebig I just noticed ur weight and bicep size..I would definately bulk...I was even smaller than you at your age and I wish I`d have taken advantage. You`re young and probably not going to listen anyway but hey it`s up to you. Besides you might look cut with ur top after you`re finished..but you`ll look like a twiglet with your top on. This is wannabebig not wannabe a matchstick.

Hope you listen and good luck with whatever you choose to do :D

Jane
06-04-2002, 04:27 PM
I agree.

I'm a young'un too, and I would listen to their advice it I were you. :nod:

Behemoth
06-04-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys, I'm not going to switch RIGHT now just because I've already put time into cutting and set goals. But you've persuaded me somewhat and maybe in a week or 2 I'll slowly start raising my cals to a bulk and to that for a longer period than I had planned to becuase you say I should take advantage of my age. Thanks

Behemoth
06-04-2002, 05:25 PM
BTW, bicep is one of my most lagging body parts, if I knew how to measure the rest I would, but I can tell that giving you guys a much poorer picture of me than what I actually am. I'll try to take some pics real soon so you guys can get a better feel of where I'm at and hopefully be able to help me more.