PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on sesame butter

raniali
06-02-2002, 06:10 PM
I picked up a can of sesame butter at the local organic store assuming it would be a better source of dietary fats than peanut butter. However, because the product was imported there is no nutritional content available. Searching on the web I was able to find its calcium content and a semi-breakdown on fats....but NADA on carbs and protein.

Can anyone help me out?

btw -- i've come to discover its an acquired taste if not used in recipe. Different but still palatable.

Behemoth
06-02-2002, 06:21 PM
This is taken from fitday.com, there were several kind but this was said "most common" and they were all very close to the same nutrition facts, so this should give you a pretty close idea.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 1 tablespoon
Calories 89.25
Calories from Fat 72.58

% Daily Value *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Fat 8.06g 12%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturated Fat 1.13g 6%

Polyunsaturated Fat 3.53g

Monounsaturated Fat 3.05g

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 17.25mg 1%

Potassium 62.1mg 2%

Total Carbohydrate 3.18g 1%

Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6%

Protein 2.55g 5%

Alcohol 0g

raniali
06-02-2002, 06:24 PM
ooooh - thx....

I just found this http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/list_nut.pl
(it's high in glutamic acid!)