PDA

View Full Version : Squat help please!

Wingman
02-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey guys im kind of in a pickle I Front Squat 235 107.5 Kg and I bench 110 kg 242 pounds, and im nervous why I bench more than I squat? I go pretty heavy on my squats lots of sets of 5s, and 3s, and only do singles every once in awhile. I train legs with my coach, and i do them at the gym once a week. I can dead Lift 110 kg 242 pounds for a set of 10 easily, and I weight 175 pounds. Do u guys have any pointers on what i should do?
max lifts: we train olympic as well
Bench 242
Front squat 235
dead Lift 242 x10
Snatch 135
Clean 198
Clean and jerk 176
Any pointers guys?

theBarzeen
02-08-2012, 08:33 PM
There is a lot of information missing... it could be 100 different things from training to just the way you're built.

Wingman
02-08-2012, 08:53 PM
There is a lot of information missing... it could be 100 different things from training to just the way you're built.

I definetly have a bigger upperbody then lower body. I jus got the 105 k today, and it took me 2 years to catch up to my bench I can easily back squat that for 3 though. Coach just has us train front squats more of a core movement im assuming

RhodeHouse
02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
The Front Squat is not a Squat. A Squat is with the bar on your back. Your Front Squat will never be close to your Squat. If you're worried about it, then you should put more emphasis on your squatting. If you train something with some semblance of a good program and with any focus you'll improve the lift.

Wingman
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
The Front Squat is not a Squat. A Squat is with the bar on your back. Your Front Squat will never be close to your Squat. If you're worried about it, then you should put more emphasis on your squatting. If you train something with some semblance of a good program and with any focus you'll improve the lift.

Well im trying to imporve my front squat, beacuse that is all we are doing in the class, and we do a 5/3/1 in the class

theBarzeen
02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I missed the FRONT squat part..... good catch.

This is like worrying that your shoulder press is higher than your glute ham raise..... in the end it doesn't matter because they are only assistance work for the real lifts done on the platform.

ScottYard
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I missed the FRONT squat part..... good catch.

This is like worrying that your shoulder press is higher than your glute ham raise..... in the end it doesn't matter because they are only assistance work for the real lifts done on the platform.

I agree. I know guys that shoulders are stronger then mine in raises and such but i out bench by 100 lbs. Focus on getting better and this sort them selves out

ZAR-FIT
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Front squats are not meant to be a super heavy exercise like the back squat... front squats have much more limiting factors to it that you need to control. So dont worry about the weight of the front squat, keep form and progress gradually. What are your back squat numbers?

Wingman
02-10-2012, 11:26 AM
My back squat is 275 i think?

Niko_El_Piko
02-12-2012, 08:53 PM
If you are only doing front squats, together with Snatch + Clean & Jerk, most likely you are been coached for olimpic lifting. Right?
Are you training Olympic weighlifting in a 5-3-1 routine?
NO Push Press? Bench press in olimpic training?
Im lost.

vikingsroad
02-12-2012, 09:01 PM
if your back squat is 275 its more than your press.

If you want stronger legs, train your legs more, or better than you already are. eat.

Jonathan E
02-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Make sure your forms on sight, too. In my opinion, it's of most easiest lifts to screw up due to so many variables you have to keep in line.