PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Opticen

mike mcgee
02-13-2012, 07:10 AM
If I am looking for a purely PWO shake, not meal replacement, is Opticen better than Nitrean +?

Last time I weighed myself, I was around 189lbs. I would prefer to be at 185lbs, but am willing to stay around this weight if the benefit is added strength (this being my ultimate goal). I feel like I have hit a plateau on my lifts and am looking at options to break thru it.

Also, would 2 scoops of opticen be ok to take vs. 3?
Thanks…

vdizenzo
02-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Great question. Personally I think the choice is based on how you want to hit your macros. I believe in nutrient timing whereas some here do not subscribe to that theory. So I believe the carbs are important post workout. Unfortunately Opticen seems to be out of stock currently. You could also try Nitrean and Results. Results is one of the most popular products ALN sells for a reason.

chris mason
02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Opticen JUST came back live today :).

Yes, Opticen is better for performance purposes than Nitrean or Nitrean+ due to its inclusion of carbs and some fats.

As Vincent said, Nitrean or Nitrean+ and RESULTS taken together are another excellent PWO shake.

mike mcgee
02-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Vincent and Chris,

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and took advantage of the sale and got the Nitrean+ and Results. At some point later when I am looking to change things up, I may try Opticen.

Mike

ScottYard
02-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Vincent and Chris,

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and took advantage of the sale and got the Nitrean+ and Results. At some point later when I am looking to change things up, I may try Opticen.

Mike

Typically when Im not dieting I like Results PreWO and then Opticen PWO. Since I have a meet close I am using Results and Nitrean PWO. The dextrose in the results is is great as I always feel ready for the next workout with plenty of energy.

JSully
02-16-2012, 09:51 AM
At some point later when I am looking to change things up, I may try Opticen.

Opticen is DELICIOUS. It's been a long time since I've had it, but that sticks out to me still.

just sayin'

Anyways, I agree with Vincent. It depends on your macro goals. I'm a big fan of carbs pre and post workout and if my preWO carbs are lacking I feel it. If I had the cash I'd go double serving opticen preWO and results+nitrean postWO (depending on my lunch's fat content, if it were more than 5-10g then I would reverse them).

GreggNJ
02-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Opticen is DELICIOUS. It's been a long time since I've had it, but that sticks out to me still.

Agreed! Vanilla Opticen is some seriously good tasting stuff!