PDA

View Full Version : Forza comp bench pad fabric

gmen5681
02-13-2012, 02:39 PM
anyone know what kind of material the bench pad is made out of on the forza comp bench? it has been ripped in my gym and now i have to replace it. thank you
joe

vdizenzo
02-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't know what material it is, but we just had our Forza recovered with water craft material like you would have on a jet ski. It's serious no slip material. I'll let you know how it worked out on Friday when I get to see it and get on it.

Travis Bell
02-13-2012, 08:36 PM
If it just got ripped, simply get it recovered like vin said. It'll be good as new.

gmen5681
02-14-2012, 05:24 AM
thanks guys, i will check out the jet ski fabric this afternoon.

MarcusWild
02-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I've heard motorcycle seat cover material is the best. I'm sure it's similar to the jet ski material. Either way, it should be a durable material with good grip.

Rob Luyando
02-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Get a hold or JR Bolger. Ther is a company out of Arizona that sells a non slip material that works great. I covered my forza and Metal Mitilita bench with it. No matter how humid it is the stuff grips awesome. Can't for the life of me remember the company's name. Jr recomended me to it.

Niko_El_Piko
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
As Vin said, last year we had our Forza bench recovered with jetski fabric which is marine vinyl (or something like that).

Itīs very easy to do, if you are a handyman (not my case). You need a hair dryer to get the fabric warm & loose and a pro stapler.

gmen5681
02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
As Vin said, last year we had our Forza bench recovered with jetski fabric which is marine vinyl (or something like that).

Itīs very easy to do, if you are a handyman (not my case). You need a hair dryer to get the fabric warm & loose and a pro stapler.

im not even going to mess with it. im giving it to my buddies dad who has been doing upholstery for his whole life and retired now. he is going to make it so it is all squat and sew up the sides so that is soda canned.

Niko_El_Piko
02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
im not even going to mess with it. im giving it to my buddies dad who has been doing upholstery for his whole life and retired now. he is going to make it so it is all squat and sew up the sides so that is soda canned.

Good choice. I mentioned that it looked really easy but the guy that did the job is the one that repairs the benches, pulleys and machines. It looked really easy though. Just a hair dryer and a huge stapler.

Dammsilly
02-22-2012, 03:30 PM
We've used Grabber Vinyl before, but any non-slip vinyl for marine, snowmobile or motorcycle use should work.

www.jacobsupholstery.com/inc/sdetail/667

I just went right over the existing vinyl, didn't bother removing it and it's been just perfect.

Lay the fabric face down on the floor, remove the padded bench and put it down on the fabric. Trim the excess, making sure you have enough to wrap around the bottom and staple down securely. Wrap with neat hospital corners, pulling it uniformly tightly and staple down. That's it.

SEOINAGE
02-22-2012, 03:37 PM
I had mine covered with naga soft nagahyde vinyl that I purchased from a sailing website. It grips decently but nothing like the forza fabric they use.