PDA

View Full Version : Instead of maple syrup

Mik
06-03-2002, 08:13 PM
Anybody have any ideas of what I can put on pancakes instead of syrup?

heathj
06-03-2002, 08:56 PM
peanut butter
honey
raspberry jam
butter
fruit
blueberry syrup
strawberry syrup

the list is endless...

WillyTheGreat
06-03-2002, 09:13 PM
butter :evillaugh

jk

Celestial
06-03-2002, 09:30 PM
Buy carry's no sugar syrup at your local grocery store!!!!!!!!! TASTES JUST LIKE REGULAR SYRUP. It's really low in calorie and i think it has no fat!!!!!

heathj
06-03-2002, 10:14 PM
powdered sugar!

Vido
06-03-2002, 11:10 PM
Just don't eat pancakes. Anything that needs syrup has no place in a bodybuilding diet and should be eliminated altogether. What are you eating them for anyway? You're obviously not cutting, I assume, but they aren't the greatest for bulking either. If you want the best results you need to put 100% into your diet. Stick with oatmeal, brown rice, and yams for carbs.

Behemoth
06-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Whoa whoa, simmer down vido, perhaps he's eating whole wheat pancakes, they do make them.
Anyhow, yeah we have some sugar free syrup, the only calories in it come from sugar alchohols and are very few, but I still try to be very scarce with it.

Mik
06-04-2002, 12:50 PM
Yeah they are whole wheat pancakes and I just have them about once a month. By the way I am cutting and most of my carbs are rice and oatmeal normally.

rookiebldr
06-04-2002, 01:15 PM
There's nothing wrong with adding protein supp. to you whole wheat pancakes to complete the picture.

djr5901
06-04-2002, 02:41 PM
I wouldnt use butter, because of the saturated fat. And, i wouldnt use powdered sugar because its processed. My preference would be honey.

Dave

Vido
06-04-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by TryingToBeBig
Whoa whoa, simmer down vido, perhaps he's eating whole wheat pancakes, they do make them.
Anyhow, yeah we have some sugar free syrup, the only calories in it come from sugar alchohols and are very few, but I still try to be very scarce with it.

Sugar-free syrup is like Diet pop or sugar-free Jello or whatever else is sugar-free. These things contain artificial sweeteners and should be avoided if you can. Almost all protein powders contain artificial sweeteners and you wouldn't want to cut them (the protein supplements) out of your diet, so imo it would be best to avoid these sweeteners wherever else you can.

walken1
06-05-2002, 05:37 PM
There's this liquid butter substitute you can buy called "Smart Beat". I never eat anything with alot of fat like butter. This stuff has no fat and only 5 calories per tablespoon.....I put it on veggies and all kinds of stuff to give them some taste. Here's the skinny on honey: It's pure sugar just like corn syrup when it comes to digesting it. It spikes your insulin and gets absorbed like white lightning. The honey people hype the natural angle so they can sell it. I worked in an all natural bakery before and we put that stuff in everything to satisfy the yuppies!

Saint Patrick
06-05-2002, 06:42 PM
take that mofo and drench it in a vanilla whey protein drink :D

djr5901
06-05-2002, 06:58 PM
haha thats freakin nasty bro

rofl,
Dave