PDA

View Full Version : food allergies

Hellrazor
06-04-2002, 03:55 PM
I`m pretty sure I`m allergic to certain foods...I`m not quite sure which as my doctor is a complete sh1thead and wont get me tested he just says " you need to find out which food " .

Right basically everytime i used to eat I`d sneeze, get wheezy and feel like crap...usually before bed i`d take a whey shake with milk and after about half an hour I`d get wheezy and in the morning id wake up stuffy, itchy roof of mouth and basically feeling crappy...so I came to the conclusion I`m allergic to dairy...but still not sure lol...Right what in the hell am I gonna use for eating cereal with? taking shakes with ?etc etc

I know waters ok but im aware that takin with water speeds absorbtion which i guess is only good post training.

What is soya milk ..is it a good substitute and does it taste good ?

Anyone else have similar effects and if so what food causes it ?

Fudomyo
06-04-2002, 05:04 PM
Sounds like you are allergic to milk for sure.

A lot of those pre-mix drinks give me the worst headaches ever.

You may be able to handle a whey protein isolate. I'd stear clear of the current brand you are using.

I've had lots of allergies over the years, and I would have to say that drinking water has helped me the most. Doesn't make a bit of sense, but I don't really care. Occasionally soy will still bother me, but I can pretty much eat what I want now.

Hope that helps.

walken1
06-05-2002, 12:46 PM
Protein drinks don't have to be mixed with milk. Find the ones that taste good with just plain ole' water. Also, society has conditioned us to believe that you have to eat cereal with milk for breakfast......too many different kinds of food out there! Forget about the cereal.

WannaBeStrong
06-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Almond milk is the best thing in the universe. Ok, that's just my opinion :D
If you can find it, snag some up. It's rare where I live.

Hellrazor
06-06-2002, 04:54 PM
hehe i got me some almond milk......thanx wbs. It`s a little watery though but tastes very good indeed !!

Tryska
06-06-2002, 06:07 PM
westsoy vanilla soy milk is pretty decent. but yeah you can mix your shakes with water, juice, milk alternatives...all kinds of stuff.

i would suggest, getting a combo protein shake, like myoplex, rather then a pure whey shake, if you have a milk allergy tho.