PDA

View Full Version : Training vid pressing 16,179 lbs!

vdizenzo
02-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah, that was my total volume from Monday's work sets. A little misleading, but I got you to look. This was week 7 training (which means I'm 7 weeks out from my meet, not 7 weeks into training), Intensification II of my block work.

325 for speed bench felt super easy, even only taking 1 minute between sets. I finally started getting beat during floor presses. Still figuring out RPE. Heck, I was so used to working up to singles that rep work confuses me.

This work ruins me for my Friday session. I can't imagine what I will feel like for next week's benching. I will be spent for Monday and completely dead for next Friday. We'll see if hard work pays off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNJaLVNRydc

tom183
02-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Wow. Never seen a self lift off bench before.

ThomasG
02-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Holy jeez... Looks like training is going well for you. Cool bench!

vdizenzo
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Holy jeez... Looks like training is going well for you. Cool bench!

Thanks. Yeah, I want one of those benches in my basement. I can't believe they are not more prevalent.

Cards
02-19-2012, 09:17 PM
that bench is almost as awesome as that pressing.

K Y L E
02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
that bench is almost as awesome as that pressing.

Definitely

chris mason
02-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Great work Vincent! Cool bench!

larsen540
02-20-2012, 09:10 AM
That is a cool bench great pressing bud

SEOINAGE
02-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I would think you would want some spotter pins for that self lift off bench, take it out and all the sudden realize the weight is too much and coming down on you, still looks fancy and would love one, but know I would get hurt. Awesome benching too.

Niko_El_Piko
02-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Great pressing Vince. I've never seen a bench like that one!!! What brand is it, sorinex?

vdizenzo
02-22-2012, 06:44 AM
I would think you would want some spotter pins for that self lift off bench, take it out and all the sudden realize the weight is too much and coming down on you, still looks fancy and would love one, but know I would get hurt. Awesome benching too.

You still need to lift if out of the rack, it's just in a better position. I don't find that any more dangerous.

Chicksanboy
02-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Donnie Thompson talked about that type of bench in an article her did for Power Magazine last year. The comapny also has a bench like that, only for DB, its freaky looking!!

Excellant benching. I love watching the big name guys doing old school Westside Speed work like that. Gives me hope that im not wasting my time!!

SEOINAGE
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
You still need to lift if out of the rack, it's just in a better position. I don't find that any more dangerous.

Probably not if you know what you are doing. But it will still be easier to unrack since that is the point. Why couldn't they manufacture it with spotters? You may not be able to connect directly because of the mechanism of the bench, but you can get around that, or maybe build an external spotting device you can put in place. I just learned i don't bench unless my pins are in place or I have two spotters, when going heavy of course or any shirt work.