Weight: ~130
BodyFat: 15%

Time 9 weeks (63 days)
June 5, 2002--August 7, 2002
Per week: 1-1.5 pound loss
Weigh-in day: thursday
Plan: ketosis w/occasional carb-ups

Past Experience
From December 2001 -- June 2001 I kept a pansy journal entitled "My Little Piece of Cyberspace."
I made huge gains over those 6 months, in both strength and lbm, but also gained more fat than I liked.

A Face to a Name
I plan on using this journal for quite some time and I hope you'll stick with me. Just about everyone knows who I am, but if you don't, this is me.

Deciever
06-04-2002, 07:59 PM
well best of luck to you in your goals, they seem very do-able, and i wouldnt be surprised if your surpassed a few of them.
BTW, you look great.

Bam Bam
06-04-2002, 08:05 PM
*thinks real hard and hopes he can become 17 again*

Good luck jane i think you can do it you seem very focused!

Blood&Iron
06-04-2002, 08:05 PM
Bullsh*t.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.:angel:

Jane
06-04-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Deciever
well best of luck to you in your goals, they seem very do-able, and i wouldnt be surprised if your surpassed a few of them.

Thanks! I didn't push my goals 'to the max' in the hopes of surpassing them. However, reaching even those benchmarks by August 7, 2002, in time for my senior year of high school, would be very nice.

Thanks to everyone else as well, support really helps in such a lonely sport as ours!

Delphi
06-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Ah, nothing like:spam:ing a brand new journal. Just like napalm in the morning!

Chris Rodgers
06-04-2002, 08:30 PM
YOU CAN DO IT!!

And about that pic........Yummy. :p

Scooby-Doo
06-04-2002, 08:44 PM
Good Luck Jane! :)

the doc
06-04-2002, 10:14 PM
I love how hardcore you are now :strong:

:thumbup:

Accipiter
06-04-2002, 10:28 PM
*sigh* I really wish you were closer to where I lived. Smart, Fit, stunningly gorgeous, and motivated. You're every guys dream girl, babe. Good luck

Maki Riddington
06-04-2002, 10:29 PM
Can't think of any words of encouragement.
How about, "you can do it.";)

PowerManDL
06-04-2002, 10:36 PM
Accipiter, what have I told you about harrassing Janey?

Didn't you get close enough to the crowbar last time?

kimpy225
06-05-2002, 01:22 PM
nice picture jane! if you wore that to school, that would be a tuttut
so about 10 pounds in 9 weeks? good luck :)
ill be here if you ever need me man

Accipiter
06-05-2002, 03:23 PM
I'm not harassing her...she loves me...she just hasn't said it out loud...I know she does....that restraining order is a test of my dedication...anyway, enough spam for now. good luck janey

Pup
06-05-2002, 03:35 PM
As jane's official groupie, i'm ninja-ing this journal :ninja:

PowerManDL
06-05-2002, 05:08 PM
*joins pup in official ninja flip-out*

Accipiter
06-05-2002, 05:13 PM
sends PIRATEd ninja signal out to dissrupt revel:ninja:

PowerManDL
06-05-2002, 05:18 PM
*crowbars Accipiter to a bloody carcass*

Pup
06-05-2002, 05:49 PM
*kicks Accipter outta Jane's journal* and stay out :ninja:

Accipiter
06-05-2002, 06:06 PM
White trash shall rise again!!!!!! *gurgle*

Sinep
06-05-2002, 07:00 PM
I'd do ya

kimpy225
06-05-2002, 07:09 PM
so jane..
how has your bench been?

*puts up defense :ninja: *

Jane
06-05-2002, 07:19 PM
Wednesday, June 5, 2002

Nutrition
Calories: 990
Fat: 75g 69%
Carbs: 2g 1%
Protein: 75g 31%

Supplements
--4 xenadrine
--Centrum multivitamin
--400mcg folic acid
--1200mg calcium

Comments
I had chest/triceps yesterday. It was pretty low volume by my standards because I had slept two hours the night before, but I'm still a little sore, which, regardless of what it means, is nice. Kimpy--my bench is doing fine, thanks. ;):) I will probably try for a couple reps with the 40 pounders next week.

I really should be getting more sleep. All I have left to do is get through finals, and June 11th I am free. Except of course, the 8am June 12th NHS officer meeting that was conviniently scheduled on the first morning of summer for our poor six souls.
Hunger level today was nonexistent.

Damn scheduling conflict for next year is causing me to lose my copy editor position on the yearbook staff...instead of publication design, I'm forced to take programming. I'm fighing with the photography department to allow a higher-weighted photography class so that I can take that instead. :mad:

Lyrics
She said
Thanks but I'm broken
I guess
You must have misspoken
What a laugh
I've never been chosen by anyone

The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary.

the doc
06-05-2002, 07:36 PM
**lol, true, very true ;)

Blood&Iron
06-05-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by the doc
**lol, true, very true ;)
I dunno, Dubya seems to have found it.

the doc
06-05-2002, 08:40 PM
^ lol!

dont get me started on that guy :soapbox:

Neil
06-06-2002, 01:00 AM
You're as very pretty girl.
Stay strict with your diet and you should hit your goal easily. Good luck!

ericg
06-06-2002, 07:15 AM
Good luck Jane!! I will be cutting right here with ya!! Your plans seems awesome! Sure you will hit your goal.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-06-2002, 08:02 AM
Why so few calories, Janey?

And where are 'dem lyrics from?

kimpy225
06-06-2002, 01:56 PM
cant you take something else besides programming?
i know there are a lot of schedule conflicts..
couldnt you switch one of your other classes to make room for your pub. design class??

school is almost over yayayayay!
when are we gonna party???

kimpy225
06-06-2002, 02:01 PM
dude jane you look ace
weeeeed man

the doc
06-06-2002, 03:10 PM
kimpy & jane = stoners :smoke:

Jane
06-06-2002, 04:50 PM
June 6, 2002--Thursday

Nutrition
M1: 3 slices cheese
M2: 5oz chicken, 1tbsp mayo, 2tbsp whipped cream cheese
M3: 2 hot dogs, 1 slice ham, 1tbsp whipped cream cheese
M4: 1 hot dog, 1 slice ham, 1 tbsp whipped cream cheese
Calories: 1390
Fat: 110g--72%
Sat: 50g--33%
Poly: 8g--5%
Mono: 19g--13%
Carbs: 10g--3%
Protein: 86g--25%

Supplements
--6 xenadrine
--1200mg calcium
--folate
--Centrum multivitamin

Back/Biceps (no carbs)
Lateral Pulldown 5reps@80+8reps@70, 4reps@80+8reps@70, 3reps@80+7reps@70
This is my way of getting used to the feel of 80 but finishing the set with enough reps.
Bent Over DB Row 1x8@35
One side at a time, nice and slow.
Seated Row 2x8@60
BB Curl 1x8@30

I had a very abbreviated mini-workout today, but this was good because it's finals week and I'm very, very tired. Plus the whole no carbohydrate thing...ecch.

Comments
Thanks for everyone's support, it really does help a lot. :thumbup: I'll try my best not to dissapoint you.
B&I--lol!
Robboe--the lyrics are from Bad Religion's "Broken." I really like that band. :) As for calories, I wasnt hungry, and this bad sleep schedule is messing with my hunger signals. Today they were acting up in the opposite direction though.
Kimpy--Thanks! Nope, there are no other classes I could take that are the appropriate weight other than Programming. Damn. I'm fighting though. Talked to two guys from the photography department and they seem to be all for it, but the administration hates the idea. If it doesnt work out next week, I'll keep fighting in September--maybe they'll be more receptive after the split. As for party...haha...I'm going to have one at my house, haven't decided when yet. Bring those weed infused brownies you're always baking. ;)
Doc--Definitely.

Tommorow I've two finals...I'll be up forever. If I get more than 13 questions wrong on my math final I'll get a B for the year and lose valedictorianship. :( *suddenly finds religion and starts praying*

The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring.
~F.H. Bradley

Lyric
One of my all time favorites:

Hey you,
Would you help me to carry the stone?
Open your heart, I'm coming home.
But it was only fantasy.
The wall was too high, as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free.
And the worms ate into his brain.

~"Hey You" Pink Floyd

kimpy225
06-06-2002, 05:05 PM
oh no
study that math!!
hmm lets see.. PARTY! i will have lots at my house.. the kinds i had earlier this year haha. you are more than welcome to come and visit anytime :) oh i will bake alright.. bake bake bake.
JANE school is almost over!! good luck with those evil administrators!! they can be so mean sometimes.

the doc
06-06-2002, 05:07 PM
for a fun night
eat some brownies and watch "the wall" with stereo surround

sooo cool :)

"we dont need no education,
we dont need no thought control"

PowerManDL
06-06-2002, 05:23 PM
Last time I watched "The Wall" I freaked out and attacked a giant spider......which was actually a Halloween decoration hanging over the hallway at my friend's place.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-06-2002, 05:55 PM
Good luck with them exams, Janey. I bet you do schwell :)

dance_chicka
06-06-2002, 07:39 PM
6 xenadrine???
isnt that a lot? you must be wired.

Cackerot69
06-10-2002, 08:35 PM
jeniiiiiiiia

eat

G-B
06-10-2002, 11:45 PM
Jane and kimpy....drugs are bad, ummmkay? tuttut

Pup
06-11-2002, 04:37 AM
Tell kimpy i have an ace little recipe for "brownies" :smoke:

Alex.V
06-11-2002, 08:56 AM
Wuhoo! New Journal. Rock on, Jenia. :D

:spam:

:hump:

Jane
06-11-2002, 05:23 PM
Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Notes
Well, I just finished my junior year of high school. Finished it. Just like that. Endured some gruesome testing, fought with some administration, and finally said screw it all...Walked out never to return again.

Oh wait, I have an NHS officer meeting tommorow at 8am. 3,000 of my peers will be sleeping while I groggily return to that foggy building I just sped from. But hey, we're being bribed with fresh doughnuts and bagels which means staying in ketosis will be a lot more fun tommorow!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, wbb is back! :clap: What a great way to start a journal...clear the old 6 month one, write up a clean one, give it a decisive name, do one entry...and BOOM, you're cursing at some British bloke you've never met for a couple days. ;) I don't plan to miss any more journal days unless there are excrutiating circumstances. Yesterday, for example, my sister's pet rabbit bit her finger. Deathlike wails distracted me from my non-studying for a good half hour.

Summer awaits. I've found some new writing inspiration the other day as I was *ahem* studying for those finals, and I hope to devote some time to a couple of quick essays or something. I also have nothing standing in the way of all my workouts at the "big" gym!!
Oh wait, there's the 20 mile walk.
Yes, getting blackmailed through car use is a new hobby of mine.

"Can I have the car mom?"
"Yes. Jane, I've been wanting you to see this Russian film..."
"Mom, not right now, I just finished my junior year."
"I understand that. But I have a simple request that I'd like fulfilled."
"Mom, if I don't fulfill this request, you know I'm screwed."
"Yes. Your point?"
:bang:

Summer will rock!

Nutrition
1: 2 hot dogs
2. 3 string cheese
3. 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil
4. 1 hot dog
5. 1 hot dog
Calories:931
Fat: 73g 73%
Sat: 22g 22%
Poly: 2g 2%
Mono: 6g 6%
Carbs: 8g 4%
Protein: 52g 23%
Um, yeah, kinda low. But coming off a carb up yesterday, I wasnt hungry at all.

Pill Junkie
--4 xenadrine
--Centrum multi
--600 mg calcium (so far)
--400mcg folate

(this applies to everything)
Feed your faith and your fears will starve.

the doc
06-11-2002, 05:34 PM
lol jane, I'll let you in on a well hidden secret.
Life doesn't get any easier.
Even though HS seems like a bitch, enjoy it. College=same thing. Grad school... um well same.
The complexities of life continue to increase until you retire...lol

NOw the real reason for my post- I was in the NHS. Little did I know we had officers and i sure have no idea what they would do?
can you enlighten me?

Jane
06-11-2002, 06:40 PM
Aw, did my post sound too pessimistic?

What a shame. ;) Actually doc, I really like high school. I just like complaining about it too. You wouldn't want me to start writing in cheerleader language now would you.

Actually, I really like life too. But I'm not going to go and like, admit that. People might punch my smiling joyful face out. :D

Well, as the secretary of that great thing known as nhs, I get to take lots of notes! Hooray! And...I record ALL of the attendance to...well, everything! And...I get to keep a cool notebook! The rest of the officers..well, we organize stuff. And email people. And yell at them. And hold fun meetings that everyone loves coming to! Best of all...we make them tutor stupid kids if they dont fulfill duties!

Optimism...it's an ugly, ugly thing. ;)

the doc
06-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Jane
Aw, did my post sound too pessimistic?

What a shame. ;) Actually doc, I really like high school. I just like complaining about it too. You wouldn't want me to start writing in cheerleader language now would you.

Actually, I really like life too. But I'm not going to go and like, admit that. People might punch my smiling joyful face out. :D
ok cool, just wanted to make sure you were enjoying yourself. If you get a b, will it matter in the big picture? Absolutely not!
Some people i knew got to caught up in the moment and forgot to enjoy themselves.

Gotta enjoy everyday :)

Well, as the secretary of that great thing known as nhs, I get to take lots of notes! Hooray! And...I record ALL of the attendance to...well, everything! And...I get to keep a cool notebook! The rest of the officers..well, we organize stuff. And email people. And yell at them. And hold fun meetings that everyone loves coming to! Best of all...we make them tutor stupid kids if they dont fulfill duties!

ok so you're secretary? well i still dont get what your taking notes on, what your attending , what stuff your organizing, why your emailing, and yelling. All i remember about NHS was getting initiated, paying some dues and getting a certificate..lol

Blood&Iron
06-11-2002, 06:54 PM

Damn straight.

I go with pessimism, with a little dash of fatalism. Seems to work for me.

Jane
06-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Aaah...but doc, B's matter. I can't go losing my class rank. For some reason, I feel an intense urge to address my impatient classmates on graduation night. It's been something of a...goal for me. I like the stage. I want it. Lol.

And NHS members are required to participate in several nhs activities, which include typical school community service stuff like running the graduation ceremony (a class of 1,000), doing back to school night, school touring, student tutoring, etc. We make sure those lazy honor society members show up for the upcoming events meetings and then participate in the upcoming events. If not, I make funny little marks in my notebook! *muahaha*

I'm going to sleep. It's been a long year.

the doc
06-11-2002, 07:01 PM
lmao

Apparently I would've been one of the lazy ones. hehe

Jane
06-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Actually, I was being sarcastic/ironic. We're all really really lazy. And sleepy. Officers too...

Maybe there's something in the water.

chris mason
06-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Yes, enjoy high school, I mean really relish it. That goes for college as well. When you get a job, and have kids, life gets immeasurably more complicated and stressful. Trust me, been there, done that.

Delphi
06-11-2002, 08:22 PM
*Makes plans early to crash next year's graduation party with a bunch of WBB thugs, ne'er-do-wells, and carnies.*

Allen
06-12-2002, 01:17 PM
Wow, like many people have already stated, you look very very good in that picture.

Also, I second what Sinep said.

Jane
06-12-2002, 06:06 PM
Wednesday, May 12, 2002

Sleep: 7.25 hours

Nutrition
1: 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil
2: 3 hot dogs
3: 2 hot dogs
4: 2 hot dogs
5: 2 hot dogs
Cals: 1470
Fat: 132g 81%
Sat: 45g 27%
Poly: 2g 1%
Mono: 6g 4%
Carbs: 11g 3%
Protein: 61g 17%

Notes
As witnessed above, I have supreme cooking skills and a rich variety in my diet. I'm not your typical eat-the-same-three-foods-day-after-day bber, no siree bob. Please note the word "nutrition" above my list of hot dogs. Ah the irony.

My meeting went well. I stumbled in, sat down, mumbled something about already having had breakfast (a blatant lie), and pretended to scribble the meeting minutes. My hand proceeded, without my guidance, to draw multiple circular shapes that strangely resembled the bagels my peers were devouring. If CKD's had a warning label, it would say Warning: DO NOT MIX active ingriedients: Ketosis and Social Activities. A miserable sleepy Jane may result and little sisters may suffer the consequences.

The rest of my first day of summer was spent playing the piano in preparation for my lesson with a crinkly orange-haired russian man. He has a tendency to violentely flinch every time I hit the wrong note and shout "Jenia Jenia Jenia!" repeatedly, sometimes accompanying his spasms with psychosis-inducing pencil tapping. I am starting to think this ritual is supposed to force me into never messing up a single note ever again.

:D Have a nice day! :D

Pill Junkie
--3 xenadrine
--400mcg folate
--Centrum Multi
--600mg calcium
(I should really get more calcium and space out the dosage)

"Do you need help moving those boxes Mrs. C? I know those two guys are helping you, but I'm kinda strong. I don't look it, but I am."
~me, this morning. :)

Blood&Iron
06-12-2002, 06:17 PM

As witnessed above, I have supreme cooking skills and a rich variety in my diet. I'm not your typical eat-the-same-three-foods-day-after-day bber, no siree bob. Please note the word "nutrition" above my list of hot dogs. Ah the irony.

Cow testicles and lips should be a part of any well-balanced diet.

the doc
06-12-2002, 06:17 PM
i would suggest, given your love of weiners, to purchase some high quality ones from a good grocer

Hebrew national is a favorite of mine

When i was doing some ketogenic dieting, i found myself cooking some strange meals. Nothing like chicken breast smothered in oil...

You didn't really want one of those bagels... they're just balls of flour, yuk.

Now a quick question, I've been hearing of the obesity problem in schoolkids. In general is your high school fat? What about obsessive thinness amoungst females?

G-B
06-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Jane...why do you eat all those hotdogs?

Blood&Iron
06-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by the doc
i would suggest, given your love of weiners...
LMAO

I swear I'm like a 5 year old

Jane
06-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Well doc, I can answer that pretty definitively. I live in a middle-upper class, 99.8% white, 5% non-christian-denomination area. The people at my school ALL LOOK THE SAME. Most females are very thin. All dye their hair the exact same shade of blond and purchase similar clothing in the same 3 stores in one of two area malls. And most are thin, yes. It's like they walked out of a factory.
My thinking is that the children obesity rates and whatnot are rising quicker in southern states, and perhaps in poorer, more culturally diverse areas.

G-B, I ate a lot of hot dogs today because there was nothing else to eat. Our freezer is stocked with items such as "Taquitos" and "Huge Frozen Hunk of Pork Fat." My grandmother baked some fresh bread though...:bang:

Cackerot69
06-12-2002, 07:31 PM
lol jane = ace

Savannah
06-12-2002, 07:40 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:strong:

Chris Rodgers
06-12-2002, 08:17 PM
9 freakin hotdogs!!!!

If you burped you could clear a building!

You have to learn to cook young lady. Even I'm better than you. tuttut

Jane
06-12-2002, 08:42 PM
Yeah, yeah I know. And now that I've finished *ahem* enjoying this family viewing of a film about Hungarian immigrants, I have car priviledges tommorow!

And that means....grocery trip! Hooray!

xraygirl
06-12-2002, 08:57 PM
Good! Put this on your grocery list. A Tyson Pre-roasted chicken. All you have to do is heat it and separate it into portions. It doesn't even dry out in the microwave.
I take that back...buy two. ;)

Jane
06-12-2002, 09:13 PM
Wait, you mean like, a whole chicken? :scratch:
My grandmother buys whole chickens sometimes, but they scare me. I prefer harvesting the skinless boneless chicken breast tree.

Still, I shall look for this 'pre-roasted' dealie tommorow. Anything that keeps me from turning on heating appliances is a "good thing."

The thing is that I have to watch how much protein I eat, otherwise I'll be bumped out of keto. So I can't go replacing ALL of those hot dogs with chicken breasts. What to do what to do....

*makes omelet* :D

Alex.V
06-12-2002, 09:32 PM
Chicken thighs. mmmm. Fatty.

And better than meat byproducts. Oh, and the "Huge Frozen Hunk of Pork Fat" sounds like perfect keto food. You ready to diet like a normal human being yet?

Just kidding. :D

xraygirl
06-12-2002, 09:37 PM
Yep Jane, it's the whole damn chicken. Roasted a nice rich golden brown. Sure, you'll have to pick at the bones, but you will spared the trouble of cooking it. You usually cannot pay me to eat chicken, but this stuff rocks.

the doc
06-12-2002, 10:12 PM
**** as long as were exchanging keto recipies, how about bacon (nitrite free of course)

take a 1/2 lb and cook it in the microwave (layer on paper towels)
remove the bacon, keep 1/2 for later
take the other half, add some full fat cheese, drizzle a little olive oil, and and microwave further
Enjoy!

Now with the other half, crumple it up into bits
dump into a saucepan with some diced onion (just a wee little for flavour) and olive oil. sautee for a few minutes.

Add 3/4 cup of chicken broth (has no carbs) and 1 cups of heavy cream (yummy). simmer on low heat.

=Yummy, bacony, creamy, fatty soupy stuff

Budiak
06-13-2002, 12:03 AM
Holy crap, so many hot dogs. I love hot dogs so much I could drink that ****, nizzy.

I watched 'Baby Boy' today. there is an interesting scene in which a man and a woman get into a fight over his extramarital affairs and he slaps her to get her to stop hitting him.

She is crying on the floor and he picks her up, carries her into the bedroom, saying he's sorry the whole time, puts her on the bed and snuggles her. It was a very sweet scene to see a would be savage inner-city thug be so sweet and sincere.

Until he takes her pants and shirt off and starts to...

WTF were they thinking when they made that? Am I suppose to FEEL for him? It was one of the most sickening scenes I'd ever seen in a movie, EVER.

I mean...Yeah, I think Hebrew nationals are good. Nathan's are also excellent (available only on the east coast :()

Jane
06-13-2002, 06:29 AM
First of all, thanks to everyone for your various commentary. It's highly amusing and gives me something to do now that I'm not pretending to study 24/7. Oh yeah, it's motivating too. Even the burping reference. :thumbup:

Xraygirl and doc--Thanks for helping me with this whole "variety" issue, and the concept of "cooking." Very much appreciated, I'll have a full report post-grocery-adventure.

Budiak--Lol! I feel your pain. I suggest sharing this incident with the folks in the "morality" thread. Doing so should help relieve any negativity you may be experiencing, because reading that damn thread tends to induce an immediate need to run into a wall and pass out.

Nathan's is actually the brand I usually use, but I finished the bulk package last week so I am reduced to the "Oscar Meyer Lean Beef Franks." This brings back memories of my youth, when I walked 30 kilometers through the snow to get to junior high, and my cold friends poked my side repeatedly to get me to perform the "Oscar Meyer Weiner Song" in Russian. This gave grandfather Alexander a great workout as he rolled over and over in his Moscow grave.

the doc
06-13-2002, 07:22 AM
your a trip jenia ;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-13-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Belial
Chicken thighs. mmmm. Fatty.

Well there's no need to be so direct! :(

Jane
06-13-2002, 11:00 AM
Thursday, June 13, 2002

Sleep: 8 hours

Legs
DB Bench Press 1x10@60, 1x4@70
Err. I'm retarded. First of all, I was forced into distracting myself with benching while some weirdo was occupying the squat rack. Second of all, I grabbed the wrong weight for the first set. No wonder it seemed so easy. :mad:

Squat 1x8@45, 2x6@115, 1x8@95, 1x8@45
Ok, this week was really really weak. I was supposed to do 125 for 8 but this guy commented on my form once and I got really paranoid. So I lowered the weight and did these slowly, watching myself the whole time. Fcuk.

Lunge 2x6@100
Hehe. Having one leg bear the brunt of 100 pounds is fun. It was so fun I almost fell over.

Leg Curl 2x6.5@110

Leg Press 1x6@230, 2x8@180
I lowered the weight from last session here as well, so I could go slower and deeper.

Calf Press 2x15@270, 1x15@270
Burn!

Leg Press half-ROM 1x8@270
I'm not sure what I was doing here. But I wanted to feel what 270 felt like, so just sort of did a half-ROM motion for 8 reps. Going for pump or something I guess. :D

Hack Squat 1x8@160
Just for fun, to see how heavy I could get myself to breathe or something. I was obviously dead by this point.

Notes
So many exciting things happend today, I don't know where to begin! My body woke up at 7:30am, just for kicks. But this was ok, because...I have the car all day today! I spent all morning going to the gym, gymming, coming back from the gym, and running all sorts of errands! You silly bums don't understand how wonderful this freedom is. Sure I had to use my cell a minimum of twenty times to touch base with my mother, but hey, I could play music at ridiculously high volumes, just because I could.

Anyway, as promised: My Adventures in Super Fresh. Among other things, I got myself some Hebrew Hot Dogs, swiss cheese, and TEA. I even found that Tyson preroasted chicken and don't plan on sharing it with anyone. But most importantly, I discovered these amazing 90 calorie turkey sausages! Gone are the days when I would consume 4 italian sausages (300+ kcal each) as my entire caloric intake for the day. Now I can replace "3 hot dogs" with "3 sausages" :nod: Progress, people. Aren't you proud?

I plan on continuing the morning's excitement by rounding up my five craziest friends and packing them into my car. Read: Kimpy's coming. :) If I stop posting, give god a shout-out for me.

Nutrition
1: 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, hot dog
2: 1 turkey sausage, 1 slice swiss cheese
3: 2 slices turkey, 1tbsp cream cheese, 1 slice swiss cheese
4: 1 turkey sausage, 1 slice swiss cheese
5: 1 turkey sausage, 1 slice swiss cheese
Cals: 1037
Fat: 72g 64%
Sat: 34g 30%
Poly: 2g 2%
Mono: 7g 7%
Carbs: 7g 3%
Protein: 86g 34%

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
~Reggie Leach

xraygirl
06-13-2002, 04:29 PM
Good for you! The thought of eating that many hot dogs was making me bilious. Change is good, yes? Have fun with your friends!

Jane
06-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Change is the only constant. :)
Thanks for the tip, I think I'm going to try this "whole chicken" idea out tommorow, and basically pick on it throughout the day.

For those following my adventures in independent woman land, I'm calling again tommorow. Was going to do it tonight, but...yeah. I stalled and oop it's too late.

Tryska
06-14-2002, 08:02 AM
turkey pastrami or pepperoni wrapped around cream cheese.

new, novel, gobs of fat.

eggs fried in butter, topped with cheese. and bacon on the side.

kimpy225
06-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Well doc, I can answer that pretty definitively. I live in a middle-upper class, 99.8% white, 5% non-christian-denomination area. The people at my school ALL LOOK THE SAME. Most females are very thin. All dye their hair the exact same shade of blond and purchase similar clothing in the same 3 stores in one of two area malls. And most are thin, yes. It's like they walked out of a factory.
My thinking is that the children obesity rates and whatnot are rising quicker in southern states, and perhaps in poorer, more culturally diverse areas.

thanks for adding me into that list jane
i like all of this "most" stuff.. and i like the clothing area too.
yea of course we "all look the same".. yea right

Reinier
06-14-2002, 10:12 AM
cheat meal for reinier = 2 large enitire grilled chickens with potatoes

the doc
06-14-2002, 11:15 AM
i ate a whole roasted chicken as a regular meal the other night...

Jane
06-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by kimpy225
thanks for adding me into that list jane
i like all of this "most" stuff.. and i like the clothing area too.
yea of course we "all look the same".. yea right
I added you in there? Funny that I don't see your name....

Nor do I see my name...

But if you look through our yearbook, you'll see that I'm right. Almost everyone dyes their hair, there is a grand total of 3 shopping malls, from which most girls visit the same stores. A&F, American Eagle, Xoxo, Bebe, Express, etc. I've matched clothes with people more times than I can count, mainly stuff from Express like those jeans everyone has. Most girl straighten their hair, have straight hair, or want straight hair. And most people are thin. What's there to argue?

Titan
06-14-2002, 12:50 PM
WOW! You can do 70's on DB bench press. Thats very good. That is all i can do and i am like 20 pounds more than you. Keep up teh good work jane.

Jane
06-14-2002, 01:11 PM
Wow, I really really wish you were right.

But Titan, I'm afraid it's not "seventies" but "seventy." As in, a 35 in each hand. I havent tested my DB max yet, but hey, I'm getting there, getting there. :)

Titan
06-14-2002, 01:45 PM
my mistake, 35 is still very good. keep up the progression and you will eventually be there.
ps.
Hotdogs are gross :)

the doc
06-14-2002, 02:05 PM
lol!
i thought you were doing the 70s super jenia :strong:

Jane
06-14-2002, 02:09 PM
Keep thinking whatever you want to think doc.
This is a good habit of yours, lol..:)

(and hey, 35s is still more than I've seen any other woman do)

Titan
06-14-2002, 02:57 PM
more than I have also. 35's are very good.

Jane
06-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Friday, June 14, 2002

Sleep:7.5 hours
I woke up at 6:30am, after going to bed around midnight. I was slightly confused by this until a hunger pang hit me in the stomach and all confusion was cleared up. I proceeded to consume about 1,000 cals of breakfast over the next hour. Full, warm, and happy, I collapsed back into bed to sound of pouring rain outside. The rest of the day my meals were pretty small.

Nutrition
1: 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, small sausage, 4 swiss cheese slices, cream cheese in 2 turkey slices, Hebrew hot dog, turkey frank
(904 cals, 68g fat, 3g carbs, 66g protein)
2: 2 swiss cheese slices, turkey frank
(270 calories, 22g fat, 18g protein)
3: 2 small sausage, turkey frank, cream cheese in 3 turkey slices
(290 calories, 18g fat, 3g carbs, 30g protein)
4: small turkey sausage
(90 calories, 4g fat, 1g carbs, 12g protein)
Total: 1575
Fat: 112g-- 65%
Sat: 50g--29%
Poly: 2g--1%
Mono: 8g--5%
Carbs: 7g--2%
Protein: 129g--33%

Well, I can't walk. That's always fun. :) Shuffling around the day after leg day, inching myself down the staircase, cringing at the thought of sitting down on a potty, and making funny sounds when trying to accomplish the difficult task of bending my knees and retaining balance as I try to land in a chair. :eek: Gave my old babushka a hug today.
Oh, oh, to suit my hardcore alter ego: Damn, the level of DOMS in my lower body was severe today. Hopefully slightly raising my caloric intake in response will help ease the pain, which is only slightly interfering with my ability to move. At all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tryska--Thanks for the ideas! I actually have been making turkey slice-cream cheese roll ups, but that's a new twist I'll try. And eggs I've been eating a lot of (in olive oil), but I am going to go with this cheese and bacon idea as well. My consumption of eggs is a running battle in this household.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doc--"Super Jenia." I like that. When I'm a superhero, I'll use it. Super Jenia...flying into impoverished households worldwide and furiously making omelets for all! :thumbup: Here, my children, protein and essential fatty acids for the eternal battle against muscle catabolism!
You can be the arch enemy who eats entire roasted chickens for one meal and limits my egg supplies. :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Titan--A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you on the topic of hot dogs. "Hot dogs are gross." --Not if you're on a ketogenic diet. :) And thanks, by the way. :thumbup:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't call. Ah well...:rolleyes:

--4 xenadrine
--1200mg calcium

superior to your former self.

~Whitney Young (1921-1971) Civil rights leader

Budiak
06-14-2002, 08:20 PM
I'd like to see Jane put up 70s on db bench. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I'd hesitate to ask her out, think about it for half an hour, then turn around to see her gone.

Then I'd go home and sulk all night because I missed what might have been my only chance at true love, and now I'll have to settle for second best. IHOP.

Love those pancakes.

I wouldnt though, because of Rule 1.
Rule #1: I'm a big pussy.

Theres a girl at the gym who's ALWAYS checking me out. Always.
Of course I'm checking her out too, and we make lots of eye contact. I'm sure nothing will happen. See rule 1.

If you have any questions about my love life, stick your head in a bucket of cold water until you pass out, and have a friend to drag you out of it so you dont drown in your own vomit.
STEAMY, HUH!

Sometimes I watch you sleep.

Jane
06-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Lmao! Budiak, you are going to make a very positive addition to my journal. Please, never hesistate to add commentary. :thumbup:

You WILL see Jane put up the 70s on DB bench. Just give me some carbohydrates, calories, and time. DB bench is a favorite of mine, I'm definitely pushing a lot of progression.
Of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with making up for the intensity of my BB bench, which is equivalent to the aforementioned love life, minus the vomit. The puniness of that weight is definitely not enough to induce a hiccup, let alone vomit.

Eye contact eh? Funny, I've been having an eye contact affair with a certain individual for a couple of months now. Then again, I often don't wear my glasses so perhaps I am imagining pupils were no pupils are. Most likely, I just have something on my face.
Over the last two days, I've been attempting to break the trusted and steadfast Rule Number One. Unfortunately, my last two attempts at picking up the damn phone and "taking action," have left me with an imprint of his mothers voice on the answering machine and a brief but pleasant chat with a very angry, very sleepy older brother.

Screw IHOP, fall in love with my babushka. Her pancakes are illegal in 17 states.

Budiak
06-14-2002, 09:03 PM
Wait, you're got someone's PHONE NUMBER and you're not acting?

I am absolutely astonished. I cannot..I...Help.

What the **** is the matter with you? Good lord, if I had a phone number, I sure as **** stinks wouldnt be sitting here alone on a friday night eating brown rice and chicken breast.
I'd be eating chicken and brown rice with a totally fly honey.

With an AWESOME ass. But thats not important.
Not important like having a face isnt important.

And after we finish the food, we sit down on the deck on my love seat with an ice cold bottle of diet coke, and we listen to Metallica all night long.She will attempt to jump his bones, but he will protest, because he will not allow her to offend my religious sensibilities.
Then, Budiak drives her home in his Grabber orange '70 Mach 1, walks her up to her doorstep and kisses her on the cheek goodnight.

Ummm...WTF was I talking about before?

Oh yeah, number. You've got to call that number.
Or call me, I'm ******* lonely.

Jane
06-14-2002, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately, my last two attempts at picking up the damn phone and "taking action," have left me with an imprint of his mothers voice on the answering machine and a brief but pleasant chat with a very angry, very sleepy older brother.

Notice please, that I've acted not once, but twice. :) Both times with unfortunate consequences. I feel rejected and I haven't even asked anything yet...
In my version, we drive around listening to a mix of green day, metallica, bad religion, and dave matthews band. And there's no rice involved, because I abhor rice. And he doesnt have a nice ass. And I probably have more LBM. But hey, that's O-K.

Budiak
06-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Oh, so you've actually met your..uh, gym chick.

You're one step ahead of me. I'm sorry, I dont know how to read.

Jane
06-14-2002, 09:25 PM
Or 3 steps behind, considering I've known him for a good five years. :)

Cackerot69
06-14-2002, 09:30 PM
:hump:

Jane
06-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Broke 1,000 views. :cool:

Did I mention that my grandmother made pierogi today? Yes, oh yes she did. For those not familiar with these amazing creations, they are just about the number one best russian food of all russia and russia is pretty damn big and they're pockets made of sweet dough and different fillings with an eggwhite glaze and baked to perfection and the smell fills the house and I'm stopping this long run on sentence now, yes. :) When normal people get bored, they watch TV. When my babushka gets bored, she bakes ridiculously amazing pierogi. :help:

Actually, I'm pretty good about resisting them, but the smell is killer. Usually revvs up my hunger/cravings insanely and forces me to bump my calories up. Quite the nuisance.

G-B
06-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Pierogis are scrumptious. The ones filled with potato and onion are the best.

Jane quit :bang: and just give the guy your number next time you see him. I am sure he will get the clue. Just make it blatantly obvious that you are interested. :study:

Jane
06-14-2002, 10:41 PM
Ah....G-b, these are the dessert type of pierogis. You've probably never had them, because they cant really be frozen. The dough is sweet, and the filling is either a sweet warm apple filling or chopped hardboiled egg and cabbage. Sounds weird, but its definitely the number one russian food. :)

I suck at being obvious. Too afraid of rejection. :) I'm a-workin' on it.

Budiak
06-15-2002, 01:20 AM
Whenever I say 'She's cute', my best friend always, and I mean always, instantly responds with 'Ask her for her number'.

WTF? I cant do that, thats rediculous. I just see a cute girl, and then go up and ask for her number. I'd feel like a predator doing that.

Zeus100
06-15-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Titan
WOW! You can do 70's on DB bench press. Thats very good. That is all i can do and i am like 20 pounds more than you. Keep up teh good work jane.

Is that 70 lbs total, (35 lb + 35 lb) or is that 70 lbs in each hand? If it is, very impressive. :eek:

Jane
06-15-2002, 07:16 AM
Zeus...scroll up on this page to where Titan said that, and then keep reading. :)

Budiak...predator shmedator. Better than being an asexual being and sitting around with your chicken and rice. Rice--pffflegh. Ask next time. Just for kicks. :nod:

kimpy225
06-15-2002, 07:46 AM
Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Notes
Well, I just finished my junior year of high school. Finished it. Just like that. Endured some gruesome testing, fought with some administration, and finally said screw it all...Walked out never to return again.

Oh wait, I have an NHS officer meeting tommorow at 8am. 3,000 of my peers will be sleeping while I groggily return to that foggy building I just sped from. But hey, we're being bribed with fresh doughnuts and bagels which means staying in ketosis will be a lot more fun tommorow!! :rolleyes:

lol jane i love how you want sympathy
it was your choice to be an officer :)
you didnt have to be one!!
hmm what else did i want to comment on
OH! no more junior year..
we can celebrate!!
ill be undercover brother and you can be sistah girl!
tuttut no.. bad kim
ok i am done!
i just wanted to say hi

Jane
06-15-2002, 07:51 AM
Hey now, nowhere in the officer duty booklet does it mention meetings on the first morning of summer. :)
Btw, wrong movie. It turns out they recommended Bad Company, not Undercover Brother. Oops. :D

kimpy225
06-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Btw, wrong movie. It turns out they recommended Bad Company, not Undercover Brother. Oops. :D

lol whose fault was that?!
it was classic hearing you say "if they [my mom and her boyfriend] thought it was funny, it definitely will be hilarious!!".. and then seeing that afro and those clothes and putting the two together.... hahahahhahaa. good thing you told me that was the wrong movie.. or else i would have thought your mom was even more strange than i thought she already was.. then again.. both of my parents complain when wrestling isnt on... :)

Jane
06-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Saturday, June 16, 2002

Sleep:enough

Nutrition
~CARBOHYDRATE DAY~
Lol@the late entries tonight ;)
One day earlier than usual, but this timing works out better in regard to when I can get transport to the grocery store etc. Looking forward to a really great workout tommorow...err, today. But after I sleep. Yeah.
Ate a bunch of low fat carby food, calories slightly above maintenance.

Pill Junkie
--1600mg calcium
--5 xenadrine
--400mcg ALA
--Centrum multi
--400mcg folate

Notes
None tonight...not that ya missed 'em. :)

Lyric
Watch the deck
Count your cards
Makes no sense
That I'm always losing
When you're gone

Budiak
06-16-2002, 02:26 PM
Two words.

Tenacious D Rules.

Allen
06-16-2002, 02:27 PM
Jane, do you own a pair of Seven jeans??

Jane
06-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Damn, I'm all confused now.
Tenacious D? Music guy right? Never heard his work though. :scratch:

Allen--never heard of that either...

:scratch:

PowerManDL
06-16-2002, 03:26 PM
Tenacious D is two music guys actually.

Allen
06-16-2002, 03:29 PM
Jack Black and some other bald fat dude.

Seven jeans are the new fad, and since you described your town I thought the trend might have already started.

Give it a few weeks.

Jane
06-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Yeah, takes a while for these trends to trickle out of Philly and get through the cows and stuff.

I guess Jack Black and the other bald fat dude haven't gotten through the cows either. *sigh*

Jane
06-16-2002, 06:51 PM
Sunday, June 16, 2002

Sleep:7.5 hours

Nutrition
1: 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, 1 turkey frank
2: cheese
3: cheese
4: cheese
5: turkey frank, cheese
Calories: 1696
Fat: 131g 70%
Carbs: 10g 2%
Protein: 120g 28%

Chest/Triceps
Without going into detail, apparently my "lack of respect" and "authority problems" have made me so monstrous of a daughter that I have been locked up in my room to sit and repent.

Or sit and be angry about missing PR's in DB Bench and dips. :swear:

Notes
I know, I know, cheese isn't much of an improvement over hot dogs. Although cheese is the most perfect food for keto, I feel sorry for the poor soul that is my future husband. :p

I'm reaaaally feeling gym withdrawal now, its due time for a chest day. Can't think of a single other thing to write, that's the only thing on my mind.

Lyric
I walk into this room, all eyes on me now
But I do not know the people inside
Look straight through me these eyes
Seeking more wisdom than I have to give away
Realize what you are

Jane
06-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Ok, update. I'm really very angry right now. Seething, might be the word to use. I've been laying low all day, and just went and apologized to my mother, in the sincerest way I could. She said that she'll see in a couple of days if I've been "good" (whatever that means) and then 'maybe' I can go to the gym.

This is really very unfair. I'm really a pretty good kid. I get decent grades, I don't smoke, drink, or stay out late. Hell, I don't even go out as often as I could. The one thing that really really matters to me--my gym trips--just 3 a week, is what is being used as blackmail.
Take the car, ground me, take away my money, my clothes, my computer, do whatever you want...but why mess with my mental and physical health like this? Especially given my history?

I'm done bitching now. I'll sleep on it...:)

the doc
06-16-2002, 07:11 PM
damn jenia, hang in there kid, your mom is just looking to maintain control on you by controlling what is important to you.

you're almost 18 and soon to be at college. Things will change, independance is just around the corner.

Meanwhile you can get your workout from stuff around the house. Do some pushups, find some heavy objects and pull them for back work. Do some deep knee bends with a backpack full of bricks or dirt or something like that.

Jane
06-16-2002, 07:14 PM
Lmao@backpack full of bricks or dirt. Then I'll get sent off somewhere for sure. :D

It IS a valid idea. I actually just did some pushups to work off agression. :) A positive here is that every time my schedule for training is broken I come back ready to soar over my personal bests. So yeah, I'll keep at it. Thanks.

I feel like such a teenager. :rolleyes:
I hate feeling like a teenager.

Alex.V
06-16-2002, 08:01 PM
You are a teenager, with all the joys that entails. Namely, having your life be controlled, for better or worse, by people who are as silly and irrational.... and as human as any of us. Okay, maybe more silly and irrational than most, but.... comes with the Russian?

Not that I agree with what your mother has done. You're a damn good woman, I don't think your mother has any clue how lucky she is. She could have a kid like.... well... like me. bwahahahaa..

Don't let it get you down, you're better than that.

Now go do a few sets of rabbit tosses and little sister power cleans. You'll feel better in no time. :)

the doc
06-16-2002, 09:01 PM
:withstupi:

This time of life is one of the more difficult ones, as you want to be an adult and have all of the privilages and responsibilities that entails. However, authority figures are always there ready and willing to assert their power and control.
My parents were the same way. I'd only add to belial in saying that your mom could've had someone like me. Drugs, booze, smoking, truancy... The only thing that reassured her was that i always worked hard to get good marks in school.
Now that i am older my mom still tries to influence the way i live, but there is little she can do...

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-17-2002, 04:37 AM
lmao @ "little sister power cleans"

That is all.

kimpy225
06-17-2002, 09:45 AM
hehe dont worry jane
i get grounded all of the time.. once i wasnt even allowed to walk to the elementary school playground that is a 3 min walk away because it was "too dark" (although it was 6 oclock and it didnt get dark until 830.....)..
parents do some weird things without looking at the big picture.
sometimes they take the control thing too far.. even my mom admits that sometimes.
hmm lets see.. if your mom does something that bothers you out of nowhere... do something really good and she will be surprised! clean your room out of nowhere.. or.. help her study her sdl/d8 bla bla bla book :)
it is hard.. i know!! but breathe.. and.. eat some russian cheese and relax hehe :)

Budiak
06-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Damn girl, life blows fatty.

Tenacious D is Jack Black and Kyle Gass. Kyle Gass plays one of the copy store clerks on 'Undeclared', he's the bald fat dude if you're wondering.

Anyways, your mom is a coward. If she really wanted to punish you, she'd sit there and make you sit in the same room where she is and do nothing, thats what my mom did. My parents never hit me but holy **** the MIND GAMES! I'd rather be slapped on the ass with a paddle any day. Now I'm obsessed with robots and zombies. Let that be a lesson, hit your kids or they'll be like me!

Anyways, read my journal. It is cold and lonely in there.

Jane
06-17-2002, 09:56 PM
Monday, June 17, 2002

Nutrition
1. roasted chicken
2. roasted chicken
3. 2 turkey franks, cream cheese in turkey slices
4. beef frank
Cals: 925
Fat: 73g 69%
Carbs: 5g 2%
Protein: 69g 29%
~seems a lil low, but yesterday was almost maintenance, so it divides out perfectly

Notes
Hey, lookit. No workout. Yup, I'm still locked up in my tower, drinking my last can of diet coke. Yes, you read that right. My last can of diet coke. I sneaked a couple of twelve packs in under my bed. Yes, under my bed, because I am "not allowed" to drink diet soda. Sure they're room temperature and get a little dusty, but hey, this stuff is the mind altering substance that allows me to tolerate the daily adventures of life.

Jane=rebel.

I'm looking for ideas for cheap keto foods that can be bought in bulk and have relatively easy storage. So far my list for governor's school food is:
1. mayo
2. tuna

I was planning on bringing my jug of olive oil, but I doubt I can swallow that stuff on a daily basis. It's really a rather difficult game, if you've ever played it.

Oh, I also rebelled by using some self-tanner. Mum says those chemicals are real dangerous for skin.

Lyric
"It's like my mother always told me, rana rana rana rana rana rana rana rana rana rana."

~Eminem

lol@posting this at 11:59pm

the doc
06-17-2002, 10:20 PM
you are such the delinquent

what is governors school?

Budiak
06-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Another Diet Coke junkie?

We must be wed.

Jane
06-17-2002, 10:53 PM
Doc--I know right. I'm a disgrace.

Governor's School is a five week, all expenses paid trip to hell.

Budiak--Microwaved chicken and a swig of Diet Coke. Aaaah.

Heaven.

(If you're ok with this type of 'cooking', we'll get married as soon as I clean my room, am ungrounded, and mother lets me borrow the car.;))

Budiak
06-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Thats fine with me, If I get to eat rice with the chicken.

Pup
06-18-2002, 04:20 AM
*sends Jane bulk crate full of trout* *and a case of diet coke*

You know what to do with the fish...;)

Reinier
06-18-2002, 05:04 AM
my parents have no control over me... its a good thing im a pretty responsible kid out of myself....

Reinier
06-18-2002, 05:06 AM
lol I just realised im typing this with a beer in my hand, chatting on some forum, while i got a phys test tomorrow.

LMGAO.

anyway i already studied for it yesterday and will continue in a minute

Jane
06-18-2002, 10:19 AM
You're in school.

Wow, I feel awesome. :D
Anyway, I know what you're saying. My mother has never really assumed her formal "caretaker" roles. My grandmother runs our household, and my mother works a lot, leaving me on my own just about all the time. This is fine because I have always been independent and often used to wind up being her caretaker, but it's when she decides to suddenly jump in and order me to do something, often something irrational, like eat less eggs, I just don't feel compelled to listen and obey like a robot with no thought of my own on the matter.

kimpy225
06-18-2002, 10:25 AM
less eggs... now..
jane, are you still allowed to do stuff like go to the mall?
cause if you can.. i can take you to my gym and you can lift there, or i can always.. drop you off at your gym, then go to the mall and pick you back up eh?
i can do that and your mom wont know right??
i wouldnt tell her!

Reinier
06-18-2002, 10:30 AM
"You're in school."
???
i dont even have school today?

kimpy225
06-18-2002, 10:33 AM
you said you had a test tomorrow.. meaning you are in school right? i think thats what she meant

Jane
06-18-2002, 11:04 AM
Never mind Reinier, I'm just appreciating summer.

Kimpy that would be awesome. But the grandmother robot--she is here 24/7, running around cooking all edibles and shrieking Jenia Jenia periodically. I'm stuck.

Reinier
06-18-2002, 11:13 AM
it pisses me off that you cant lift

Jane
06-18-2002, 11:16 AM
Me too. :swear:
What in f*cking hell did I eat carbohydrate for? What a damn waste.

I might attack my mother with a flurry of apologetic emails. Like, all day.

Take that! :ninja:

Blood&Iron
06-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Me too. :swear:
What in f*cking hell did I eat carbohydrate for? What a damn waste.

Because your leptin is low. Consider it a mini-refeed.

Jane
06-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Sleep: 9-10 hours :D

Level of egg-to-pan stickiness: medium

Nutrition
1. 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, 3oz roasted chicken
2. 2 beef franks
4. 2 beef franks
5. turkey sausage
Cals: 1150
Fat: 91---72%
Carbs: 8---3%
Protein: 73---25%

Anger Management: Take One
Bodybuilding is a wonderful form of self-improvement, but I've decided over the past couple days to take this concept to the next level and work on anger-management. My room is filled with the sounds of smooth jazz, yoga tapes, fake but attractive cactuses (cactii?), and those Instant-Feng-Shui-for-$29.99 plastic running water fountains.

I refuse to go in it.

Instead I went to the kitchen, to prepare my very favorite food--eggs. I use the only "nonstick" pan in the household to prepare them on a daily basis. I tried microwaving an egg once, but it exploded into a big smelly egg mess. Like so::micro: To avoid such mishaps, I ask the grandmother robot on a bi-daily basis to limit her use of the "nonstick" pan as much as possible. This is a very possible possibility, given that grandmother has a pot and pan fetish.

I waltzed into the kitchen, smiling, ready to fulfill the desires of my starving tummy, and humming my little anger-management song. I then saw my "nonstick" pan being grossly consumed by a big, smelly pile of raw, defrosting, dripping hamburger meat, requiring hours of meticulous cleaning in painfully hot water before being grudgingly used for the cooking of eggs, which tasted rather funky by the way. :eek:

*sigh*

It's a good thing my temper-control book says you can always try again tommorow. :hide:

Pill Junkie
--5 xenadrine
--1800mg calcium
--400mcg folate
---Centrum multivitamin

Workout
Ha! Hahahaha! Lol. Roflmao. Rofl.
"Lmgao." (whatever that means)

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

~I. Forget.

Jane
06-18-2002, 04:59 PM
B&I--That's actually a great point. Thanks for reminding me!
(Do you realize you're being optimistic right there? Are you sure your drugs aren't affecting more than your hair? ;))

In any case, since I don't have workouts to rave/bitch about, I can fill journal space with all sorts of crap, temporarily.

So how bout this "Big Chasey Chase" kid...Damn. I'm jealous. :D

Celestial
06-18-2002, 05:56 PM

So how bout this "Big Chasey Chase" kid...Damn. I'm jealous. :D He is HOT!!! haha:angel:

xraygirl
06-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Well, you can do walking lunges up and down the living room, single-leg calve raises on a step, hang onto the top of a door to do chins and prop your feet on the stairs to do decline push-ups. It drive your mother ape-****. Of course, to be totally effective, you are going to have to wait until she gets home from work to do all of this.

Celestial
06-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Do crunches while shes watching tv and count alloud too hehe:)

Jane
06-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Well, I got some blood work done and it looks like my total cholesterol is too high, although I have great HDL levels. These results, coupled with my doctor's warnings, could cause some problems on the parent-front.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=234756#post234756

Lucky for me, the funniest and most ironic thing that could possibly happen has happend. I've been keeping my ketosis secret because I didnt want to face nagging and irrational, unsupported argument from my parental units in case they were against the idea for some reason. I've been very successful with this, since they don't know what ketosis is.

Anyway, my mother has just announced her New Diet.
--"I don't eat sweet products...um, I don't eat sweet products...let me see here...no sweet products, no rice or bread....no fruit either, yeah that's it."
--"No carbohydrate at all then?" I ask.
--"Nope."

LMAO.

Titan
06-18-2002, 08:52 PM
god... that is such bullshit. My mom does the same ****. Its useful that i am 8 inches taller, and 70 pounds heavier than her though. ALso, have you tried explaining the science of all the bodybuilding things you do to her? Sure she wont understand anything your talking about, but she will realize that you do. Or give her a big long printout of the info that you are following. How can she argue with science?

Keep up the good work though, and keep happy. Eat peanut butter :)

the doc
06-18-2002, 09:03 PM
lol
you guys can be the keto twins now :)

Jane
06-18-2002, 09:22 PM
god... that is such bullshit. My mom does the same ****. Its useful that i am 8 inches taller, and 70 pounds heavier than her though. ALso, have you tried explaining the science of all the bodybuilding things you do to her? Sure she wont understand anything your talking about, but she will realize that you do. Or give her a big long printout of the info that you are following. How can she argue with science?
Lmao at the above.
I know you mean well Titan...but man, if you only knew. You see the politics of divorced parents are highly complex. My father (aka her arch enemy) was a very scientific, logical sort of person. Lucky for me, I am as well, which makes for great fireworks in my relationship with my mother. Any time I bring her proof, science, or start talking scientific terms at her, she *stops*, stares at me, and then sighs sadly as she walks away.
"You're just like your father."

She hasn't heard a word of the science I've been giving her over the years.

The printouts I've made for her? Well you know that destruction of the Amazon rainforest thing? Yeah, that's me abusing my printer.

Today I tried to talk glycogen at her, to explain why I eat bread once a week and to teach her about the diet SHE will be following, and she said something about me needing to eat the cherries and grapes she bought yesterday. :scratch:

Anyway, all of this is quite amusing to me. :D

the doc
06-18-2002, 09:27 PM
well woman i'm just glad you can see it for what it is

Titan
06-18-2002, 09:27 PM
I do know the politics of a divorced family. My parents are divorced also. My mom is a runner, who weight lifts but thinks everything should be done in high reps, and cardio should be done for several hours every day. She is forcing me to do cardio twice a week, which isnt bad, but i talked her down from 5x a week. Dont get me started on teh diet crap.

I see how you are in a real bad place though. With the not listening, even though she is attempting the same diet as you. What a bitch. Well stick with it, it will all work out. She will have to let you do what you like sometime. Keep with the ass-kissing emails :)
Good Luck

BTW you are really on top of your journal. :)

Jane
06-18-2002, 09:38 PM
I do know the politics of a divorced family. My parents are divorced also. My mom is a runner, who weight lifts but thinks everything should be done in high reps, and cardio should be done for several hours every day. She is forcing me to do cardio twice a week, which isnt bad, but i talked her down from 5x a week. Dont get me started on teh diet crap.

I see how you are in a real bad place though. With the not listening, even though she is attempting the same diet as you. What a bitch. Well stick with it, it will all work out. She will have to let you do what you like sometime. Keep with the ass-kissing emails :)
Good Luck

BTW you are really on top of your journal. :)
Damn, a fitness freak mother with misconceptions. That's got to be tough. At least my mother knows nothing about exercise and realizes this.
Forced cardio?? :eek: *shudder* What does she do, whip you? :confused:

I'm not in a real bad place though. :) It's all really just a nuisance, because I'm trying to get my body straightened out here and people are standing in the way of my mental and physical goals. I'm a real lucky gal to be where I am and to have the people I have and to lead the diverse life that I've led.

Just kinda tired. :)

Titan
06-18-2002, 09:49 PM
:) lol whip
Ya i know you are in a good place, just stucks right now.
Sometimes i forget how lucky i am also.

Budiak
06-18-2002, 10:59 PM
Holy crap, I left for a day and there are like 4 new pages of text. I'm not reading all of that crap.

So read my crap.

Uhhh, she wasnt there today. See my journal.

PS, does anybody know the best way to strip paint off of a car? I dont want to sand because I'm a big clumsy oaf, and chemical stripping is nasty business.
I hear there is an attachment that you can mount to an electric drill that is pretty much just a bunch of rigid plastic teeth that rip the paint right off. I was thinking of picking one up but I need to make sure it exists!

PS. Come and work out with me. Take my mind off of Kitty kitty.(she wears a red shirt with a sequine outline of a cat on the ...uhh..front.

Jane
06-18-2002, 11:03 PM
Budiak, who are you talking to? :scratch:
Lol...
As much as I'd like to, I know very little about cars and I don't live in California. :)

And there is not 4 pages, there is only 1. What a gross hyperbole...hyperbola?...hyperbol...exageration.

Budiak
06-18-2002, 11:16 PM
Hyperbolic gesture?
Yes I know. I'm asking the masses, my dear.

Jane
06-19-2002, 01:09 PM
The masses are completely ignoring you. :D

Did you ask sparkly girl yet or what? No changing the subject to stripping cars of paint.

Blood&Iron
06-19-2002, 01:20 PM
B&I--That's actually a great point. Thanks for reminding me!
(Do you realize you're being optimistic right there? Are you sure your drugs aren't affecting more than your hair? ;))

Not reading my journal apparently. My hair is fine, but I have noted feeling a bit more up but this is probably due to good ol' life and not exogenous hormones. Maybe both, actually. Still it's not optimism per se, merely fact.

In any case, since I don't have workouts to rave/bitch about, I can fill journal space with all sorts of crap, temporarily.

So how bout this "Big Chasey Chase" kid...Damn. I'm jealous. :D
What's with all these weird non-sequiturs I've been seeing lately?

Jane
06-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron
Not reading my journal apparently. My hair is fine, but I have noted feeling a bit more up but this is probably due to good ol' life and not exogenous hormones. Maybe both, actually. Still it's not optimism per se, merely fact.
What's with all these weird non-sequiturs I've been seeing lately?
I have been reading your journal actually, and I'm glad your hair is fine. Consider it a failed attempt at ribbin' ya. No one understands the delicate relationship between hair and owner better than I, and Kimpy can vouch for this.

As for that second question, consider them a demonstration of the deleterious effects of being cooped up in the house. I'm losing brain cells.

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Damn JANE, I did not know that you where that fine. I just saw your pic the beginning of your journal and you .....ummm....lets not get beside ourselves here Freaky.

Just well, I know after all your working out you are going to be PHE-NOM-IN-AL!!

Mark my words!!

Jane
06-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Sleep:8 hours

Egg-to-Pan Stickiness Level: medium-high

Nutrition
1. 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, 1 beef frank
2. 2 beef franks, sliced turkey with whipped cream cheese
4. 2 beef franks
Calories: 1140
Fat: 97g---77%
Carbs: 9---3%
Protein: 57g---20%

Pill Junkie
--1800mg calcium
--Centrum Multivitamin
--400mcg folate
--5 xenadrine

Anger Management: Take Two
I'm grounded for a month?! Yeah, you heard right. I'm not going into the ugly detail. Good thing I'm leaving home in 2 weeks, though.
Exactly 156 hours, 20 minutes, and 31 seconds have passed since my last workout.
To sum up the situation:
:cry:

All I have to say is that when I finally move out, you are all going to see some amazing, and I mean amazing dedication, effort, and progress on my part. Over the past year, remembering being kept from the gym, grocery-shopping drama, never-ending histrionics, it has all been setting a lifetime habit in me to appreciate every single gym trip, to be thankful for every single day of eating the way I need to, and to relish the ability to not require a single ounce of any kind of support, from anyone, ever. I'm just getting ready, now.

The future is a bright one. :nod:

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

the doc
06-19-2002, 11:03 PM
hang in there kid :)

Budiak
06-20-2002, 01:25 PM
You need to come out to California, where we surf and rollerblade everyday, we're all 6 foot, blonde, rich and ALL of us drive convertibles.

Except I'm the only one who doesnt have a supermodel girlfriend.They're too skinny anyways.

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 01:36 PM
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

This is a great quote. This is something that you can monogram on a shirt and workout in. Man, I really like that alot. Stand by your quote Jane, and you'll make those rough 2 weeks. Your counting of your days,hours, minutes, and seconds missed in the gym reminds me of the guys in jail chalking up the years in their cells on the walls. Hang tight, you'll be there soon.

Celestial
06-20-2002, 02:00 PM
Why do you take xenidrine?

Mystic Eric
06-20-2002, 02:17 PM
Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Sleep:8 hours

Egg-to-Pan Stickiness Level: medium-high

Nutrition
1. 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, 1 beef frank
2. 2 beef franks, sliced turkey with whipped cream cheese
4. 2 beef franks
Calories: 1140
Fat: 97g---77%
Carbs: 9---3%
Protein: 57g---20%

Pill Junkie
--1800mg calcium
--Centrum Multivitamin
--400mcg folate
--5 xenadrine

Anger Management: Take Two
I'm grounded for a month?! Yeah, you heard right. I'm not going into the ugly detail. Good thing I'm leaving home in 2 weeks, though.
Exactly 156 hours, 20 minutes, and 31 seconds have passed since my last workout.
To sum up the situation:
:cry:

All I have to say is that when I finally move out, you are all going to see some amazing, and I mean amazing dedication, effort, and progress on my part. Over the past year, remembering being kept from the gym, grocery-shopping drama, never-ending histrionics, it has all been setting a lifetime habit in me to appreciate every single gym trip, to be thankful for every single day of eating the way I need to, and to relish the ability to not require a single ounce of any kind of support, from anyone, ever. I'm just getting ready, now.

The future is a bright one. :nod:

-Thomas Paine

Quick questions:

When you move out, where are you gonna get the money to support yourself?

Do you have a job?

Will it be from your parents?

If so, wouldn't they still be supporting you?

LOL the reason I ask is 'cause when I too, talk all big about moving out but when at the end of they day, it's still gonna be them that is gonna fund my education :( so I'm still relying on them :(

Jane
06-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Thursday, June 20, 2002

Sleep: 8 hours

Nutrition
1. 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, kielbasa
2. 2 beef franks
3. 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, kielbasa
4. 2 beef franks, tbsp. whipped cream cheese
Calories: 1150
Fat: 97g---76%
Carbs: 9g---3%
Protein: 58g---20%

Notes
Well, today wasn't a complete waste. I did some bodyweight squats and pushups, which felt kind of pointless but that's ok. :)
I also decided that if I'm going to be cooped up, I might as well improve the arrangement of my jail cell. So I fought a battle with my several bookcases today, feeling only slightly like Don Quixote. This was a pretty good workout in itself since I essentially transferred an entire bookcase of books from the top floor to the basement. Phoof.
This was also a pointless activity given that I'm vacating the premises on June 29th, exactly 8 days from now, for a good five weeks, but that's ok too. :)
------------------
Doc--Thanks. :) I'm just dissapointed that after looking forward to ending school and having all the time in the world to train and eat perfectly, I can't get to a gym or grocery store.
------------------
Budiak--Lol! Actually, I seriously need to visit Cali. It feels kind of funny to have been a lot of other places, but never even seen LA or Hollywood or anything like that. Other than the Statue of Liberty and NYC, that's like *the* thing for foreign people to go be in awe of.

PS. So which character from Orange County would you say you are most like?

Please don't pick Jack Black. Please? :)
-----------------
FreakyMutation--Yeah, I really like that quote as well. I'm taking that t-shirt suggestion very seriously...It is actually a great idea. Anytime I'm about to have a workout and I'm feeling down for some reason, I can wear that shirt and remind myself.

Actually, I can't count. It's not even two weeks, only 8 days. Of course, added to my previous 7 it makes...uh...15. Just a shame, because I know when I go to Governor's School my training will be limited as well. Darn that silly thing called life, gets in the way of everything. :)
-------------------
Celestial--I take xenadrine mostly for energy and appetite suppression during the long school days. Now that school is over I'm still taking it because I'm hoping it will help out a little with the fat loss, or at least prevent my stomach from rumbling when my grandmother does her nonstop-cooking thing. :)
-------------------
Eric--I understand what you're saying. There is of course no way I'm going to be able to fund my education, unless I settle for one of the smaller colleges that will lure me in with scholarships and/or a good financial aid package. I really don't want to do this after working pretty damn hard for so many years, and neither do my parents. So the education they will take care of somehow, no matter what.

I will have a job when I move out. I am not a big spender at all, and require very little. I shop for clothes about four times a year, and eat pretty simply. All I really need is a roof over my head and a car to make my trips to the grocery store and gym.

Also remember that I don't have parents per se, but sworn enemies of a mother and father. My mother will be signing the Honda Accord over to me, and my dad is considering funding the grocery bill (he's "on my side" by default). Adding whatever I make to the mix, I think my living on my own is quite feasible. What I'm really concerned about is having complete control over my day-to-day actions. :)

Speaking of supermodels and the celebrities we worship....

"I don't want to ever, ever do something in life that isn't fun. Ever."
- Jennifer Love Hewitt, Actress, in the February Cosmopolitan.

"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them." - George Bush, former U.S. President

"I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."
- Alicia Silverstone, Actress

Budiak
06-20-2002, 10:59 PM
I've never seen that movie, but I think that I was most adequately represented by...JACK BLACK!
Seriously, he and I seem to have very similar personalities. Either that or his onscreen persona is very much like mine, which means I'm really fucked up!

BWAHHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!!!

Come to Cali. I'll take you places you've never dreamed of.

Like Sacramento.

I bet you've never dreamed of Sacramento. Have you? LIAR!

Jane
06-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Lol. Whachoo talkin' down on yourself for? Making me laugh in every post...I think those skills just need more regular real world application. Like, oh I don't know, with that girl. Any girl. A girl. :)

So you live in California and you have yet to laugh your ass off during a screening of Orange County?? Is this some sort of stoic out-of-principle stunt you're pulling? :scratch:

Budiak
06-20-2002, 11:34 PM
Perhaps I see him as my archenemy, we are so similar yet so different. I aim to get to Hollywood and laugh in his face as he is promptly put out of a job by a younger, more attractive, and cinematically more talented Budiak.

But I'd love to work with him before he is destroyed forever.

rookiebldr
06-20-2002, 11:50 PM
"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them." - George Bush, former U.S. President

LOL

Jane
06-21-2002, 05:46 PM
Friday, June 21, 2002

Sleep:6 hours :(
Went to bed at 2am, then woke up at 8 due to hunger pangs. I really ought to time my meals better and take into consideration that I will be staying up late and my schedule has completely shifted. A midnight snack just may be in order.

Nutrition
1. 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, 1 beef frank, bologna
2. 2 eggs, .5tsp olive oil, kielbasa
3. 1 slice swiss cheese
4. 2 italian sausages
5. 1 slice swiss cheese
Total: 1442
Fat: 108g---69%
Carbs: 10g---3%
Protein: 101g---28%
Limited in food supplies/options. :(

Notes
Still no workout. Chair dips and such but I don't count that...
Printed Robboe's egg article among other things to work my case. This is the longest amount of time I have ever been punished at this second grounding of my life...I guess my mother read in a magazine somewhere that all young people require a minimum of three week-long punishment sessions before they are allowed to leave the nest, and she's decided to catch up on all of hers at once. Procrastinator.

Still not quite sure what I did. :scratch:

Did a re-haul, re-arrangement, re-decorating of my entire jailroom. Phoof to the power of ten. Anyone need seven crates of stuffed ducks by any chance?

Pill Junkie
eh, the usual :)

Lyric
For grandma, who, when I was in the fifth grade, ripped my TLC album booklet in half. :rolleyes:

Motherf***ers
Say that I'm foolish
I only talk about jewels
(Bling bling)
Do you fools
Listen to music or
Do you just skim
Through it?

~Renegade, Eminem

the doc
06-21-2002, 07:42 PM
girl, looks like a rebellious streak developing here
next will come the drugs, sex, and booze ;)

seriously though, hang in there, you'll be outta there in no time :)

Celestial
06-21-2002, 07:48 PM
Ok I am way behind I know this haha but what did u get grounded for?

Jane
06-21-2002, 09:52 PM
lmao celestial.

That's just the thing. I mean, I understand that I talk back (and always have) but keeping me inside for two weeks like this just kind of landed on my head. I'm not quite sure how she came up with this so suddenly. Also the fact that I eat eggs pisses her off, because apparently my cholesterol is high and the "eggs will kill your liver!" Ironically enough, she's doing a keto diet too. Whaddaya know.

Oh and, the car is not a right "its a priveldge." But considering that I rarely ever get to use it anyway, I don't see how I could think otherwise... :scratch:

Thanks doc, I'm just relaxing at this point, letting her work this "parenting" kick out of her system.

PowerManDL
06-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Get back on MSN.....leave me hanging like that cause I had to reboot! No manners, you kids.

Mystic Eric
06-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Get back on MSN.....leave me hanging like that cause I had to reboot! No manners, you kids.

What did she leave you hanging on? Were you guys cybering?

PowerManDL
06-21-2002, 10:15 PM
No Liberace, we were talking and I got cut off.

the doc
06-21-2002, 10:18 PM
jane as far as i'm concerned talking back is inevitable at your age

part of asserting your independence (or at least trying to-until parental units remind you of just how dependant you are)

Jane
06-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Doc--You know, you're right.

I know kids who never talk back, and quite honestly I don't know how they're going to fare in the real world and whatnot.

Besides, it's kind of funny the things I talk back ABOUT. :) It's also kind of funny that my independence didn't bother her before, darnit. She must be on drugs.

Celestial
06-21-2002, 10:38 PM
How old are u jane? Sorry for the 20 questions lol

Jane
06-21-2002, 10:47 PM
I am 17, and no problem at all. :)

It's the uh...transition years, or something, I guess? The whole foreigner-losing-identity-becoming-completely-american thing is playing a part too, methinks.

Budiak
06-22-2002, 01:39 AM
I'm a foreigner in my own state. I dont belong here. They're trying to make me Californian, but I'm resisting at every turn.

Yous. Funny.

I'm actually from New York. Wester New York. SANE New York. But people always say "Budiak, are you from New York?"
ANd I'm like yeah, how did you know?"
'Because you're an asshole. Now get out of my car."

Tryska
06-22-2002, 09:46 AM
where in new york budiak?

Jane
06-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Budiak, how long you live in Cali? and why the move?

F*ck.
I left my xen bottle with my other supps sitting under a shelf on my desk. I figured that in a milk thistle bottle, and mixed in with calcium, multi-vitamin, etc it would be fine.

It's gone now.

How much you wanna bet that's forty bucks down the toilet?

Tryska
06-22-2002, 10:08 AM
well....you're mom's looking out for ya. you can't really blame her. at your age with your metabolism, you shouldn't really need an ECA anyways....

kimpy225
06-22-2002, 11:02 AM
jane, how could your grandma read the lyrics in your tlc booklet??
i talkback to my parents a lot for stupid things too. and i get grounded all of the time for it.
does your mom threaten you with being grounded? haha my mom does "if you say one more word, you are grounded for a week" "im sorry" "ok thats it, no internet for a week"

jane, what day do you leave??

Celestial
06-22-2002, 12:03 PM
Yeah I was thinking you didnt need the ECA stack either babe.

Budiak
06-22-2002, 12:16 PM
I was born in Buffalo, lived there for about 7 years. I came to California with a wicked rad Western New York accent, but they took it as a speech impediment and sent me to speech class. Now I both act and SOUND like an asshole who doesnt belong here.

I do feel better today.

Jane
06-22-2002, 09:25 PM
Saturday, June 22, 2002

Egg Consumption: zero!

Nutrition
1. 2 italian sausage, 1 string cheese
2. 2 italian sausage
3. 1 turkey frank, 1 slice swiss cheese
4. 2 string cheese
Cals: 1170
Fat: 81g--63%
Carbs: 12g--4%
Protein: 95g--33%

A Cheerful, Optimistic Journal Entry
During the school year I tend to approach weekends with a sort of dread, due to the sharp increase of traffic in the house and the inevitable arguments that arise, usually involving me and someone else.
HOWEVER, this has been one of the most pleasant Saturdays I've had in a while, mostly due to a newfound appreciation of freedom and a certain jailbreak. :)
In the morning I got all my work back from the art show, and it fit perfectly in my new, reorganized, sparkling clean room. I ought to take a photo before the mandatory week of upkeep is over.
The jailbreak was this evening, while my mother was at a computer class...I was ecstatic to be out, to say the least. ;) To make things even better, the movie "Minority Report" was really truly GREAT. A very, very smart movie. Not horribly emotional or profound, but it wasn't meant to be. The plot was genius, in my opinion, and all setting/atmosphere details were quality. A 50's film noir set in the future...kept me enthralled the whole time.
I've also decided I'm the most retarded girl when it comes to relationships, but some of you already knew that...

The irony, though, is that thoughts of the gym kept interrupting my evening. :( I'm crossing fingers for a heavy duty begging session tommorow...There WILL be workout details in this journal dammit!!

Mistranslations
In a Bangkok dry cleaner's:
"Drop your trousers here for best results."

Similarly, from the Soviet Weekly:
"There will be a Moscow Exhibition of Arts by 15,000 Soviet Republic painters and sculptors. These were executed over the past two years."

In a Rome laundry:
"Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time."

In a Copenhagen airline ticket office:
"We take your bags and send them in all directions."

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-23-2002, 08:38 AM
To make things even better, the movie "Minority Report" was really truly GREAT. A very, very smart movie. Not horribly emotional or profound, but it wasn't meant to be. The plot was genius, in my opinion, and all setting/atmosphere details were quality. A 50's film noir set in the future...kept me enthralled the whole time.

Awesome!

I can't wait to go see that film. I've got to wait till the 4th of July though :(

Jane
06-23-2002, 09:35 PM
Sunday, June 23, 2002

Forcing Self to Daily Journal
I f*cked up everything possible. My mother IS f*cked up. Everything sucks and I'm not going anywhere tommorow.

"You're going to jail soon! I can feel these things!"
~Jane's Babushka

PowerManDL
06-23-2002, 09:38 PM
Everytime I try to understand the conflict in your house I start hearing Boris and Natasha from Bullwinkle and laugh myself to tears.

Jane
06-23-2002, 09:50 PM
:)
Everytime I feel bad, I hear "whaddaya doin'..." and get scared and run away instead.

PowerManDL
06-23-2002, 09:53 PM
Bias! I was intoxicated. Off German beer, no less.

Goin_Big
06-23-2002, 10:03 PM
Is it just me, or did cack's post just pull a disappearing act......

Your parents own you until you get your own house cack :)

MonStar
06-24-2002, 01:13 AM
Nutrition
1. 2 italian sausage, 1 string cheese
2. 2 italian sausage
3. 1 turkey frank, 1 slice swiss cheese
4. 2 string cheese
Cals: 1170
Fat: 81g--63%
Carbs: 12g--4%
Protein: 95g--33%

Are you following a variation of NHE or what?

This looks extremely similiar to what I used to eat while following NHE months back. Lotta string cheese, Italian sausage, etc.

MS

Budiak
06-24-2002, 01:14 AM
Balls, I dont know why, but 'Minority Report' is the second most unappealing movie of the year to me. The first most is 'Sum of all Fears'. It was really a tossup. I have noticed just how limited Cruise's range of acting ability is, and he is highly overrated as a romantic character as well. He is cold in his facial expressions, and when he gets a closeup, its the same ******* squinty eyed grimace, wide eyed shock, or pansy smile.

But thats just me. I wont work with him, because I dont think he's worth 20 mil.
However, I DO think Schwarzeneggar is worth 30 mil. The man is worth his weight in GOLD!

Celestial
06-24-2002, 09:35 AM
Jane help me:( How many grams of carbs are in your hot dogs. I got turkey franks (my dad got them for me) and they have 3 grams of crabs in each of them:( I had one for breakfast weith some cheese so I am already up to 5 grams of carbs with my first meal:( This is really hard to figure out....will I eventually get the hang of it?

nejar462
06-24-2002, 08:48 PM
yo Jane trust me my parents are kinda bad too, all yous got to do is hang in there, o yeah, remember who pays the billls :)

Jane
06-24-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MonStar
Are you following a variation of NHE or what?

This looks extremely similiar to what I used to eat while following NHE months back. Lotta string cheese, Italian sausage, etc.

MS
More like a variation of CKD Monstar. :) I've been doing regular keto eating (under 20g carbs a day), below maintenance calories, with one low fat carbohydrate day thrown in every 6-7 days. The food I eat now is pretty crappy nutrition wise, but I keep reminding myself that it is temporary.

PowerManDL
06-24-2002, 11:43 PM
Ultra Turbo Ninja CHOP!!!

Jane
06-24-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Celestial
Jane help me:( How many grams of carbs are in your hot dogs. I got turkey franks (my dad got them for me) and they have 3 grams of crabs in each of them:( I had one for breakfast weith some cheese so I am already up to 5 grams of carbs with my first meal:( This is really hard to figure out....will I eventually get the hang of it?
I checked the brand today, and I eat Wampler Turkey Franks, which have 2g of fiber as their only carbs. Fiber doesn't count, so that works out well.

Sometimes I have Nathan's or Oscar Mayer hot dogs which have I believe 1g of carb or less. I always assume 1g even if a processed food says 0 because chances are there are fillers in there but they just rounded down a decimal to 0.

It's really not hard, and you do get very used to it. All I suggest is a nice long trip to the grocery store. It will be weird at first to look at foods you have never allowed yourself before (mayo was SO STRANGE for me), but you do get used to it. So explore as many items as you can, and dig up those low carb foods. Go to the hot dog section and compare the brands, picking the one lowest in carbs. Grab some frozen sausage, but check the nutrition facts. Look at weird but possible options, like whipped cream cheese, which I actually eat with a spoon if I have a sweet craving or something. Pick out the lowest carb cheeses as well. Eventually you'll get an assortment of items that will allow you to stay under 20g a day. I'm not a cooker, but there are TONS of recipes out there, so maybe do a search and give them a try?

And remember, it will feel very strange to consume so much fat, but you are getting NO CARBS...calories in vs. calories out is the bottom line here. Good luck! :)

Jane
06-24-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by nejar462
yo Jane trust me my parents are kinda bad too, all yous got to do is hang in there, o yeah, remember who pays the billls :)
Thanks man. Yeah, I recognize their (well, her, since this is really only my mother we're talking about) support of the household and the priveledged life I lead. I'm very fortunate to live where I live and to have the dreams and goals that I have, and to have an....interesting family in general. I'm usually not like this, and I respect basic rules she sets about just about anything except for diet/exercise. I guess this is such a sensitive issue for me and I can understand her concerns and lack of trust, but its hard to accept being kept from my workouts and sit quietly still. If only it was about something else...

PowerManDL
06-24-2002, 11:57 PM
Let me talk to her. I doubt she'll be grounding anyone after an Ultra Turbo Ninja CHOP!!!

Jane
06-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Lol. Actually, I never thought I'd be so thankful for having my mom's boyfriend in the house. Usually he is a non entity and we really don't talk, but tonight he took the giant step of actually agreeing to LISTEN to my side of the story.

After a very, very long evening of talking with him (my mother napping nearby, mumbling something every now and then,) I think I finally have gotten them to understand how important this is for me, and that I will never be "normal," and that I really need their support in reaching my goal.

I think that thanks to him, there is this new addition of sanity in the whole matter, and I hope (but don't want to jinx myself) that they will not support, but at least, thankfully, no longer stand in the way of my goals. :)

Gym tommorow. After nearly 2 weeks of no workouts, and about ten months of fighting about my gym going in general.
:D:clap::):cool::strong::D

PowerManDL
06-25-2002, 12:25 AM
Are you sure it wasn't the Ultra Turbo Ninja CHOP!!!?

Celestial
06-25-2002, 12:25 AM
YEAH!!!!! Go bust ass babe!!!

MonStar
06-25-2002, 01:28 AM
More like a variation of CKD Monstar. :) I've been doing regular keto eating (under 20g carbs a day), below maintenance calories, with one low fat carbohydrate day thrown in every 6-7 days. The food I eat now is pretty crappy nutrition wise, but I keep reminding myself that it is temporary.

Thats cool. CKD and NHE are actually very very similar. Well in many ways at least. Both low-carb, both high-fat, both with refeeds / carb-ups, etc. So youre just doing an entire refeed day once a week huh? That sound like it would work well for fat-loss and all that. Is that youre current goal?

Anyway good luck with your goals. :thumbup::thumbup:

MS

Budiak
06-25-2002, 03:52 AM
I refuse to accept Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan.

Especially in a movie based upon a book in which Mr. Ryan is supposed to be in his sixties, about to retire.

Baby faced little...

Oh yeah Jane, uhh, keep it up you're doing great. Or something.

kimpy225
06-25-2002, 08:18 AM
Ultra Turbo Ninja CHOP!!!

*uppercuts*
please.. take me to the hospital.. i think its broken

*looks around for pictures of silly-looking sister*
aw......

JANE! AWESOME! can you get new clothes now?!?!?!?!!

Celestial
06-29-2002, 08:43 AM
Ok Janer why arent you posting tuttut :)

Jane
06-29-2002, 10:19 AM
Because I'm a ******* retard who has spent all week eating who knows what. Carbs included. I'm not going to bitch about it here, or moan, or curse myself off because I don't think that will do much good. I've done it enough on my own, trust me. I really shouldn't even be hanging around wbb at all. I hate hypocrites.

I did get two awesome workouts in though, which felt amazing but was immediately negated by the multiple screw ups that followed. I'm feeling kind of numb about this whole thing.

The good thing is that I'm pretty much back to regular now, but I won't be able to post today or tommorow as I get set up at Pittsburgh University for the next five weeks.

At Pitt, my schedule will be crazy. Lifting on weekends only, AT BEST. My diet...well, I'm stocking up on canned goods and mayo. I really don't know what is going to happen, but I'm hoping to make the best of it. I'll have an update on my situation hopefully Monday.

Still feeling numb. Why don't I care? Where is my perfectionism? My motivation? My goals? I don't know. I really don't know. *shrug*

Celestial
06-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Dont beat yourself up to bad, we are human and we all have done that. Last night I ate so many carbs that it wasnt even funny. I cant help how much I crave them during my time of the month...anyways just start again. I doubt you did any real damage. The good thing is it can be fixed, just have to stay positive. I beat mysef up to, but then again, it doesnt do much. Good Luck girlie and try to keep in touch on here when you can:)

PowerManDL
06-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Janey, hush up with your badmouthing........I drank a whole case of beer last night (you might already realize this, since I think I went into drunken dialer mode last night), so if anyone's got problems its me.

lmg8
06-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Jane-
WELCOME TO THE BURGH!! I am a senior at Pitt, I totally love it and congrats on Gov. school, WAY TO GO!!! and I totally understand how you feel about the diet situation, being on a college campus can totally make it difficult, I lived in a sorority house last year and the campus food eatery's aren't the best, but if you want any sugguestion about places to go and eat drop me a line, also are you guys allowed to use the Pitt gym's, because lothrop hall's is decent as well as bellfield, best of luck to you in school and at the gym while in the burgh!!!

kimpy225
06-29-2002, 12:46 PM
party party jane :)
it was all the soda wasnt it..
i will miss you man
come back soon

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-29-2002, 03:56 PM
Because I'm a ******* retard who has spent all week eating who knows what.

lol. Seven days in the broad scope of a lifetime is like a grain of sand on a beach. (Thanks to Rob Faigan for that nice little liner).

P.s. Enjoy your five weeks away.

Five weeks are just five grains of sand on a beach :)

Allie
06-29-2002, 08:13 PM
I went into drunken dialer mode last night

Matt I feel left out you didn't call me!

Jabe I hope you have a BLAST while your away,get out and see the campus enjoy your time away from home!

Pup
06-29-2002, 08:40 PM
You didn't call me either you bastard...Jane, i hope you have lots of fun there at Pitt, have your ninja trout handy though...cause the guys are gonna be spittin game to you like wildfire :ninja:

PowerManDL
06-30-2002, 02:17 PM
I have neither of you numbers, foos!

G-B
07-10-2002, 08:58 PM
You still at Pitt?

Celestial
07-10-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by G-B
You still at Pitt? Shes there for 5 weeks.