PDA

View Full Version : About to make the BIGGEST decision of my life! NEED HELP!!

laxplayer39
06-04-2002, 10:27 PM
Hey whats up!

I dont know if a lot of you know me but im Sunil and ive come a long way from a 5'10 220 to 195 and some muscle (as opposed to none).

If you even know a little of me you know im a BIG time lacrosse player - I LOVE the game and I love playing. I live in california where its not big at all but next year I have the chance to play big time east coast ball.

This is where I need your help. I am in average shape and I NEEED to be in EXCELLENT shape to get the stating job next year! I NEED to lose my excess fat and I NEED to do it ASAP!

Now WHAT kind of diet should I follow? Im thinking a carb restrictive diet that would yield good results in 6weeks. I am gonna be doing cardio EVERYDAY and lifting 5Xweek.

I NEED a good diet plan to aid me - Ive lost fat and stuff but I havent lost it all b/c my diet has always sucked! Now its time to fuckin SUCK IT UP and make it happen if I want to realize my dream - to play NCAA lacrosse.

Here are my stats:
5'10
37" waist size

PLEASE HELP!!

And if I need to be eating meat please gimmie a meat where I can eat VERY simply with basically NO preparation as my parents are vegetarian and dont want it in the house which is fine but I need meat so the thing is that I cant cook it but I can get precooked stuff.

Thanks guys!!
Sunil

Saint Patrick
06-04-2002, 11:44 PM
as far as meat stick to fish (especially tuna and salmon) and skinless chicken breast. you can buy them pre-cooked in a can if U need quick & easy.

laxplayer39
06-04-2002, 11:50 PM
ok that sounds pretty good

what kind of diet should i follow though to maximize results?

i think i should limit my carbs for sure!!

WannaBeStrong
06-05-2002, 10:23 AM
I am coming to the final weeks of my 40/20/40 split where all carbs are ingested before noon. I've lost about 5lbs so far and my lifts are not being affected.

Start with 12 * BW calories, go to www.fitday.com and calculate everything. Enjoy the new you.

You also might require stimulants, since no carbs after noon can make you groggy. :D ECA is what I recommend.

walken1
06-05-2002, 12:57 PM
Eliminate all fried and fast foods (if you eat them) and stay away from simple sugars. Keep up intense weight training and do some cardio. Do some running with sprints or stadium steps incorporated into you run. I don't play lacrosse but I can see it requires alot of endurance....the running will help you with this.

Kromax
06-05-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by WannaBeStrong
I am coming to the final weeks of my 40/20/40 split where all carbs are ingested before noon. I've lost about 5lbs so far and my lifts are not being affected.

Start with 12 * BW calories, go to www.fitday.com and calculate everything. Enjoy the new you.

You also might require stimulants, since no carbs after noon can make you groggy. :D ECA is what I recommend.

Just checked out fitday.com. Looks like a very useful site.

laxplayer39
06-06-2002, 12:43 AM
any other ideas?

like what kind of formulas and macros and stuff should i be doing?

what kinds of meals should i be planning?

thanks!!
Sunil

Saint Patrick
06-06-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by stpatrick44
as far as meat stick to fish (especially tuna and salmon) and skinless chicken breast. you can buy them pre-cooked in a can if U need quick & easy.

woah, feels weird to quote myself....
just wanted to add that you should make sure and get the tuna cans w/ water and NOT the tune in vegetable oil. as far as meals, get at least 2 whey protein supps a day if not 3 and if you want recipes, you can find good healthy ones at GNC.com (http://www.gnc.com) and Men's Health (http://www.menshealth.com) .

laxplayer39
06-06-2002, 05:26 PM
im really having trouble coming up with 5-7 meals per day that are good eatin

any ideas!?!?!?!?!?

the_hall
06-06-2002, 05:34 PM
what school are you going to? im going to college next year and i might play baseball, not sure if i want to. im 5'10 187 (when carbed up) about 15%. What is your bf, that determines what diet you might want to do.

College will be tough I think. I was doing a ckd but am switching to a cid, that will be easier for college because im sure everything they have in the cafeteria is absolute crap and has a ton of sugar and carbs no matter what college.

laxplayer39
06-06-2002, 09:11 PM
its a NJCAA program in NY ... me and my dad are gonna go there and check out the schools

the thing is that one program has no returning goalie and 3 goalies might be coming in (including me) so if i want to get good playin time i need to be in the BEST shape!

laxplayer39
06-19-2002, 11:26 PM
any help guys?

Wu36
06-20-2002, 08:15 AM
First you gotta make sure your conditioning program is enough to get you in shape for lax, people with 7% can still have problems runnin hills.

1 more thing, some extra work on hand-eye or hand quickness would help if your playing goalie.

laxplayer39
06-20-2002, 12:06 PM
this is what ive done so far

i have started to go lift 5 X a week

diet wise i have added in a few more protein shakes a day like 1-2

i dunno yet if im gonna take creatine (i have a big tub of it)

ive started doing a lot of excersise in non traditional form, like MUCHO MUCHO b-ball, lots of roller hockey and of course lacrosse. I love to do that instead of running and i still get some good cardio.

i just graduated yesterday and i threw my hat wayyy up and you know what !? ITS OVER! and now i have all summer to work on imrpviing myself for next year!

Sunil

now what **** could i do to0 imrpve reflexes besides just playing goalie?

Manveet
06-20-2002, 02:00 PM
I used to play a lot of lacrosse myself, tis a great sport. Anyways, don't kill yourself over percentages and numbers in regards to macronutrients. Just cut down a bit on the carbs, don't go down too much cause if your doin lots of cardio, you'll need the energy. Comsume more protein, I suggest you buy canned tuna, it's cheap and easy, eat it straight out of the can. The key to losing weight, is to basically burn more cals than you consume. Oh yeah, and drink lots of water.

laxplayer39
06-20-2002, 08:42 PM
yo where did you lax at?

what pos were you?

thanks yah im gonna buy some tuna

should help me!!

Riggs
06-20-2002, 09:29 PM
yea im a big lacrosse player too. Im a faceoff man and my high school team won the 2A lax championship in Maryland.

Manveet
06-20-2002, 09:38 PM
I played over here in Canada, Vancouver. I was usually a crease (spl) man. I wanted to be a shooter though. Lacrosse is big up here in Canada, it's fairly easy to make it pro in some cases. We have some awesome Junior programs too.

Manveet
06-20-2002, 09:40 PM
Btw, I played "AAA" lacrosse up here for a local team (Surrey Rebels). Won two pronvincial championships with them;)

laxplayer39
06-20-2002, 10:08 PM
thats awesome guys!!

damn ;)

hmm what kind of name is Manveet? Whats your nationality?

Manveet
06-20-2002, 10:27 PM
Well, I was born here, but my parent are oringinally from India. Therefore, my name is of that hertige.

laxplayer39
06-20-2002, 10:32 PM
HAHAHAHaH!

i knew it!!

im indian too!!

thats crazy :) I didnt think that there were TOO many other DESI lax ballers :)

haha

yah i actually used to live in canada - PEI...it was sorta cool

what are your stats and what position u play? you thinking abotu playing in the NLL?

Manveet
06-20-2002, 10:38 PM
hahaha, there are plenty of DESI players up here bro. Anyways, I stopped playing about 2 years ago, I tried to make hockey my full time priority, but it never worked out for me. Ya, up here it's pretty easy to make it in lacrosse, I guess it's just because we have a strong program.

laxplayer39
06-20-2002, 10:41 PM
sweet

hmm any of your desi lax ballers ever play field or come to the US to play in professional ranks?

and what position did you play in hockey? I LOVE hockey but we couldnt play here cuz no ice in california! :(

what happened with your hockey career ? are you gonna join a EHL farm team ?

Manveet
06-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Well, the best DESI player i've seen is Chris Gill, he's half DESI but it counts. He plays in the NLL for Vancouver. Ya, some guys up here play field lacrosse, but it's not as big as the ol' box style. As for hockey, I used to be a punishing blue liner (defenceman). I made it pretty far by receiving some offers to try out for many Junior clubs, but I decieded to hang up the ol skates too. Ya, so basically, I'm a washed up athlete.

laxplayer39
06-20-2002, 10:56 PM
what are your stats - like how tall and big are you?

hmm yah out here field lacrosse rules. i played a little box but fact is that i dont like playing it b/c i just dont find it as fun as the outdoor game. i guess its cuz goalies wear regular field pads (which is nothing) and we play in the box goal :). and candian box goalies prolly play with the BIGGEST pads lol ;)

so yah man thats crazy . i checked out that chris gill guy - hes pretty good.

desi lax ballers ... man i never knew there were so many!!

how old are you? you gonna lax it up again?

Manveet
06-20-2002, 11:01 PM
Currently, I'm 5"11 175-178ish, i'm trying to bulk up right now cause I lost too much weight last summer. I'm 17 but turning 18 this Saturday. I intend on playing a bit this summer with one of my buddies, there is actually an out door box close to where I live, so I'll probably mess around in there and see what kind of game I still got left.

laxplayer39
06-20-2002, 11:05 PM
your my age!! im 17 going on to 18

DONT HANG UP YER SKATES!!

play hockey bro! you could make it in the NHL!! ...honestly l LOVE lax but if i could ever play competetive hockey i would in an INSTANT!

what position you play in lax?

btw do you have aolim or msn?

Manveet
06-20-2002, 11:08 PM
It's already been a year since my hockey retirement. Making it to the nhl is next to immposible, trust me. I played "crease man" (spl) when I was playing box lacrosse. Yes, i do have msn.

laxplayer39
06-20-2002, 11:16 PM
you're gonna miss it tho

why not give the minor league teams a chance - see what happens?

what abotu lax - you thinking of trying to make it in the nLL?

Manveet
06-20-2002, 11:19 PM
No, honestly I'm done with organized sports, but that doesn't mean I won't play some sort of pick up shinny type games with my buddies. Hahahah, lol @ this thread, waaay off topic, anyways i'm gonna catch some shut eye now. See ya around the boards fella.