PDA

View Full Version : bulking diet

DK
06-05-2002, 08:30 PM
I've been trying to bulk and havn't had too much success with putting on the pounds. Can you guys help me out? I want to gain at least a lb. a week. What do you eat when you bulk? Here is what I've been eating.
7:00 am eggs, bagel, whole wheat cereal, and protein shake
12:00 : (varies) an orange, some type of sandwich or pasta,
carrots
3:00pm Peanut butter sandwich
6:30pm Chicken or beef, vegetables, protein shake
10:00pm whole wheat cereal

I would eat more, but I just don't have much time, I wake up go to work, come home eat, go lift, come back home and go to sleep.

So, what should I be eating to really bulk? How can I find time to eat enough? And what are some good ideas of what I can bring for lunch at work?
Thanks.

Vido
06-05-2002, 09:49 PM
You need to make time to eat if you are serious about growing. The foods you are eating are fine for bulking. If you are not getting bigger eating as you currently are then you just need to up the calories. You seem to have a clue as to what is solid muscle-building food, so just eat more. Also, I don't like 5 hour break between breakfast and lunch. I'm under the impression that your body goes into a state of catabolism if you don't eat protein at least every 4 hours while you are awake (and 4 is the max, 2-3 is better). This might just be a myth, but I'm not willing to lose muscle in an attempt to prove all of my sources wrong.

Maki Riddington
06-05-2002, 09:53 PM
It's a myth. Just make sure to eat more in general.

Bobarell
06-05-2002, 10:04 PM
Yes, but after your body has been starved while you are asleep everything you take in is pretty much used up right away. I would try to get some kinda of food in between 7am and noon. A protein bar or shake at least. Get a good weight gainer and take that in the middle of the morning.

DK
06-10-2002, 07:31 PM
I would like to be taking some weight gainer, but right now I'm spending too much money on supplements as it is. I'm on a tight budget, so could you suggest some food that I could bring to work and eat in between those hours.
Thanks.

Behemoth
06-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Meat!

runt
06-12-2002, 07:28 AM
Add lots of brown rice and more peanut butter perferably Schmuckers All Natural PB. This helped me a lot. A New York strip steak or filet once a week couldn't hurt either.