PDA

View Full Version : Hip and Leg pain/tired all the time?

hamstring
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
This is an odd sort of question and I'll try not to ramble, but I don't know who else to start with. For example, my doc says it is training too much/heavy making me feel this way.

My current stats are 230lbs. age -41 bench raw 385/shirted 495 (single ply), deadlift raw 515/briefs 575, squat 315 (sad!!)

To start with last year around this time, I had worked up to a lifetime pr of 525 raw in the squat. During the second time lifting the weight, my spotter touched me a bit too hard on the back and got me way out of my groove. I ended up blowing out the lower right quadrant of my back right above the SI joint and to make matters worse still had to squat the weight up. We didn't have straps or anything and the pins weren't set in the cage. Over the last year, I rehab'd once and started squatting again, but ended up re-injuring the same spot again, due to not taking care of the underlying tissue injuries that had occurred.

We have now taken care of the injury, are working on flexibility and have started using 5 X 5 to get my squat built back up. It is very sad that I am working with 225 currently, though I know I'll get back up there. My main concern right now, is that my joints hurt. it hurts to kneel down, my hips hurt constantly and my leg muscles constantly feel tired. The oddest issue out of the whole deal is I can lay on my back and stretch my hamstrings to where my leg is near my head, but if I sit in say a leg press machine and try to lock the weight out where my legs might be hyper-extended at a 90 degree angle to my torso, it hurts like a bitch.

I guess I am wondering if the issue is originating in my hamstrings or my glutes and does anyone have any idea why the joins would hurt so bad all the time.

Jonathan E
02-20-2012, 08:05 PM
I have hamstring issues myself (Except its when running things such as a 40 yard dash.) and have the same dilemma where im extremely flexible while stretching, but it doesnt carry on in the field. Recently, someone recommended me too: mobilitywod.com
Basically, its a site that has a plethora of movements that target many parts of your lower body/back/shoulder. Im hoping by working on areas other than my hamstring, Ill see some better results.

mastermonster
02-20-2012, 09:13 PM
My 1st thought is nerve impingement. Letting a good chiro check you out might be worth your while.

Travis Bell
02-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Agreed. Definitely a nerve issue.

hamstring
02-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the responses so far. I have been going to a fairly good chiro, but obviously not good enough. Lots of ART but nothing that has helped this portion of the injury. I am going to get a consultation with another one today.

Niko_El_Piko
02-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Osteopath/Physiotherapist all the way.

RhodeHouse
02-22-2012, 08:54 AM
I agree with the nerve issue. Something probably still jacked up in your back.

Murderous
02-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Physiotherapist all the way.These guys know their stuff, I would request getting an MRI for a herniated disc first, then I would head off to physiotherapy. Physiotherapists will help develop the musculature (where most chiros won't) and help you strengthen weak core muscles that you are probably lacking.