PDA

View Full Version : tired?

Ferdo
06-06-2002, 02:04 PM
today i have been extremely tired, not enough fat or to much carbs?

jcybex
06-06-2002, 02:13 PM
usually when I have a junk food nite (too many potato chips and cheez puffs) i feel like garbage the next day...did you get enuf sleep?

Ferdo
06-06-2002, 02:20 PM
No i had a clean nite, i think maybe i got to much sleep. 9 hours

Goin_Big
06-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Well here's an idea......if you see a thread you don't like, don't reply to it :)

Goin_Big
06-06-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Clark
whoh guy, don't get into a hissy-fit

:rolleyes: :D

smalls
06-06-2002, 02:58 PM
clark and vido,
what the hell are you talking about. That's what this board is for. We dont know specifics about anybody's body or how it responds to certain foods or training methods, but we still try to help. Granted this is a pretty hard questions for us to answer and he would have to look at what he ate and did, but either reply with an answer or stfu.

Anyway, yes lots of carbs and certain types of carbs could make you tired or a change in sleeping habit. It will probably go away though, if not then look at diet and sleep etc.

Behemoth
06-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Clark, I'm sorry to break it to you, but nobody can figure it all out themselves. I think the question was totally legit and worthy of being posted. He was more asking if the specific reason that he was tired was due to carbs or fat, he wasn't asking "why am I tired". Don't jump on the man for asking whether carbs and fat make you tired!

mickeys
06-12-2002, 05:40 PM
gettin enough slow burning carbs and fats? takin your multi vitamin?

when I'm tired i usually eat an apple with peanut butter.. and some times a banana too

Jane
06-12-2002, 06:32 PM
I believe eating a meal that is "carbohydrate heavy" (this varies for everyone) induces the release of seratonin, which is basically the relax-and-sleep chemical. That's why having spagetti for lunch will have you napping by 2pm.

You may also be too low in calories?

I'd recommend a short nap. Sleeping over something like 20-30minutes will put you into deeper stages of sleep that will be difficult to wake up from. But a quick 20 minute snooze is just enough to feel refreshing.

If not, have some TEA. :nod: :nod: :nod:

iLUDEd
06-13-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Jane
I believe eating a meal that is "carbohydrate heavy" (this varies for everyone) induces the release of seratonin, which is basically the relax-and-sleep chemical. That's why having spagetti for lunch will have you napping by 2pm.

is there an explanation why if i eat pasta when im tired, i suddenly feel awake for a few more hours?

Jane
06-14-2002, 04:41 AM
Carbs...energy...insulin spike?

Technically though, the spike is supposed to be followed by a sort of crash. Hunger returns quickly, energy drops, etc. Its probably more pronounced for some people, and I'm guessing you're not one of them. :)