PDA

View Full Version : Building triceps around elbow

Kevin K
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I am having trouble trying to develop/strengthen the lower part of my elbow by my elbow. I am doing lots of extensions dumbbell & barbell, JM presses, elbows out extensions, and rolling extensions. But I don't understand why they're getting stronger. Is there a certain way I need to keep my elbows when doing tricep work?

Jonathan E
02-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Make sure your doing full ROM.

gmen5681
02-27-2012, 05:41 PM
just keep them as high as possible, you should be feeling a stretch in the lower tricep area as long as your elbows are high. also keep them at an obtuse angle when compared to your torso. so elbows closer to head than belly. elbows high is key

RhodeHouse
02-27-2012, 05:44 PM
If you're doing too much work they won't respond well. Just keep it to 2 exercises. One on each of the upper body days. Don't go nuts smashing away at them. They get a ton of work with all the pressing you're doing.

Kevin K
02-27-2012, 05:50 PM
If you're doing too much work they won't respond well. Just keep it to 2 exercises. One on each of the upper body days. Don't go nuts smashing away at them. They get a ton of work with all the pressing you're doing.

Thanks Rhodes, I am meant that those are the types of exercises I am doing, not all in the same day. I guess part of the problem is that I'm not keeping my elbows high enough.

RhodeHouse
02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks Rhodes, I am meant that those are the types of exercises I am doing, not all in the same day. I guess part of the problem is that I'm not keeping my elbows high enough.

If you're pressing or extending your arm, your triceps are getting hit. I get the elbow thing, but that's not that big of a deal. It takes time.

ScottYard
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Tate presses.

April Mathis
02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
It can take a long time if triceps are a weaker muscle group for you. Also consider lockout work or shirted benching if you don't do these already. I think those make a bigger difference than the isolation stuff.

ZAR-FIT
02-27-2012, 10:38 PM
As mentioned... Full ROM is key. Make sure to keep the muscle pumped duing the entire workout. Close Grip Bench press and Laying skull crushers are two exercises to consider.

vdizenzo
02-28-2012, 05:47 AM
My .02 keep the reps high and use full rom. Make sure you feel the stretch at the bottom of the exercise. Experiment with different angles. Start with light weight and when you get the right feeling start working your way up. Be consistent.

Kevin K
02-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Ok, thanks guys!!

Rob Luyando
02-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Frankl said to oil up...