PDA

View Full Version : pre workout snack

runt
06-07-2002, 08:52 AM
I've been battling this question for a while now and I just can't figure out what to eat an hour or so before I work out. I do my work outs after work around 4:30 PM so I need something around 3 - 3:30. Something light and easy that I could eat at my desk at work and pack in the morning.The perfect meal would:

-give me energy for my work out

-not give me indigestions

-be maybe 20 grams of protien

-be cheap (I already spent enough money at GNC)

Anybody got any ideas?

I've also heard fruit has too much sugar for a pre-workout meal - is that true?

raniali
06-07-2002, 09:44 AM
Well, to solve one problem - stop shopping at GNC.

Tiare
06-07-2002, 09:45 AM
I eat carbs before my workout and protein afterwards but if you want protein before hand, try a handful of dry roasted soy nuts. They have a pleasant flavor and are very easy to carry around. I think they have about 20g protein (complete) in a 1/2 cup or so but I'm not positive. Energy for the workout comes from carbs I think, not protien.

Leviathan
06-07-2002, 10:02 AM
I use a 'bracketing' method... I take 1 scoop protein w/ 1 scoop Creatine HSC (AST-SS's carbohydrate/creatine combination) pre-workout, and another 1 scoop protein w/ 1 scoop Creatine HSC post-workout.

Stop buying from GNC - order in bulk online.

runt
06-07-2002, 10:25 AM
all right I get the message - I'll try and kick my GNC habit. Thanks for the other advice

And Tiare, if I don't need protien pre-workout I'm fine with leaving it out. I just thought I should have it. I do a 40 gram protien shake post work out. Maybe that's enough. Where is a good place to get the dry roasted soy, it sounds good.