PDA

View Full Version : I was going just great, until...

Brahms
06-07-2002, 10:05 AM
I had really high hopes and real goals for this summer. And I was progressing along great last month, but I ran into a little problem. Girl Problems. I was making some nice gains, got serious with a girl, then she decided to break it off. :( I'm depressed, don't have the motivation to train hard or even train at all, and I am starting to lose weight. I need to get out of this funk.

Here is my training schedule:
I'm on a 3 days split of lifting Mon, Wed, Fri. and I try to add cardio twice during the week on non-lifting days. The lifting follows along very similarly to the Wannabebig Routine.

bigkevin20
06-07-2002, 10:08 AM
I had the same problem. But I used the break up as motivaion to become a better bigger person. You dont need her now you got time to get in shape the way you want.

InferiorDesign
06-07-2002, 10:13 AM
i always turn my depression into anger and unleash it in the weight room. you know why chics leave you? cause your not big enough..period

bigkevin20
06-12-2002, 08:39 AM
thats real possitive....

CBates
06-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by InferiorDesign
i always turn my depression into anger and unleash it in the weight room. you know why chics leave you? cause your not big enough..period

LOL, you have a lot to learn about women if you think that..

Brahms
06-29-2002, 03:51 PM
I've switched my routine. I'm on a variation of the Wannabebig routine except that I have no rest days. That is, I am lifting every day. I know that I am overtraining, but going to the gym helps to take things off my mind for a little while. And I really don't get that sore very often. I try not to work the same muscle group in back-to-back days.

Vido
06-29-2002, 03:58 PM
You should want to train more now that you are "out there" again. Oh, and btw, a simple tip to remember to help you avoid this situation ever happening again: DO NOT GET SERIOUS WITH GIRLS! Just my 2 cents.

Silverback
06-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Most girls i know are not that interested in size, but to me 'size matters' just like most things in life.

Don't worry Brahms thats life things like this happen, dont spend time pondering what you could or should of done, move on things like this make people stronger for it.

Dont overtrain mate, nearly as bad as not training at all, try and occupy yourself with other pursuits. Maybe do some reading on sports nutrition for example and broaden your knowledge

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-29-2002, 04:01 PM
It's been like 22 days since this was started. Where are the training and diet updates? tuttut

Vido
06-29-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Brahms
I've switched my routine. I'm on a variation of the Wannabebig routine except that I have no rest days. That is, I am lifting every day. I know that I am overtraining, but going to the gym helps to take things off my mind for a little while. And I really don't get that sore very often. I try not to work the same muscle group in back-to-back days.

a) It is stupid to overtrain, especially if you realize you are doing it. I hope that, because you are aware of what you are doing, you are making every attempt to eat and sleep lots as well.

b) If you are not getting sore, then you are probably not working out hard enough.