PDA

View Full Version : what do you BBQ?

freztek
06-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Hey all, I would like to here what some of you BBQ. My wife and I have been working out for a couple years but have never kept a real healthy diet :( We just recently started to make a real effort to eat right. I am a huge BBQ'r! I am usally firing that thing up at least 3x a week. (less dishes to do and the wife loves me for cookin) Is there any kind of Meat that I should make sure to stay away from? (Besides the obvious ones with fat hangin all over it) Now I am sure Chicken is ok, but what about Hamburgers from time to time? The hotdogs are out for sure lol. I would appreciate any dinner ideas on the BBQ or off that are healthy!

Behemoth
06-10-2002, 04:17 PM
I BBQ chicken breast, venison burgers and steaks, and squirells.

Clark
06-10-2002, 06:21 PM
I think that burgers are alright, but I eat more fat than carbs. So the extra fat (aside from the saturated) is alright. Other than that....pork shish-kabobs with lots of veggies are definitely good.:burger:

Behemoth
06-10-2002, 06:53 PM
Pork shiskabobs?!? Why not chicken, steak or maybe some turkey? Pork would have to be the last meat on my list.

Clark
06-10-2002, 07:15 PM
Why the hell would you leave pork out of your diet? Just because it's slightly higher in fat doesn't mean it's not a great choice. Just eat low carbs with the meal. I believe you should not mix high fats and high carbs in meals. Pick either fat or carbs, but not both. That my closed-minded friend is why pork is the choice.

Ferdo
06-10-2002, 07:33 PM
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Squirrels. Ooooooo its so good!

runt
06-11-2002, 08:36 AM
Grilling is a great and healthy way to prepare food. You can grill anything. That's the only way I cook fish, (don't want to stink up the house) especially salmon. Pork would be last on my list as well but I love a good pulled pork sandwich. BBQ sauce you might want to avoid though - high in sugar. Stuff is healthier wtihout it.
Somebody has already mentioned vegies - try grilling asparagas loosely wrapped in foil, it's incredible.

freztek
06-11-2002, 10:31 AM
do you use any type of butter or seasoning on those asparagus? thanks-:)

runt
06-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by freztek
do you use any type of butter or seasoning on those asparagus? thanks-:)

olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon after their done

Behemoth
06-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Simmer down clark, I said it would be last on my list, I didn't say I'd NEVER eat it. I agree with you about prtoein + fat OR carbs, usually not large amounts of both. But I don't know of any fattier meats than pork, and if I can I prefer to eat the leaner meats as oppose to fatty ones, that's why it's last on my list.